Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Blackbird!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004 | 05:04 PM
Launching!

Default Blackbird!!!!

whats up guys, i currently have the oppertunity to purchase a 2002 carl clack "BLACKBIRD". it is sunset orande metallic, black leather, m6.it is 100% perfect condition, but the only thing i dont like is it has 50k miles, but the price is 22k.what do you guys think??? yes, no?
Old 10-19-2004 | 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

do u want it for a show car, collector value, or as a car u want to upgrade alot.
Old 10-19-2004 | 05:21 PM
TECH Junkie

u could buy a regular T/A and make it smoke a Blackbird for the same cost.
Old 10-19-2004 | 06:05 PM
Launching!

yea, im very aware of that, but the car is beatiful, and im the kind of person that likes rare things, so i dont know, but the car itself is pretty fast stock.i'd prob. throw a tune and headers on it and just take it to car shows and cruise and stuff like that...
-worth the price???
Old 10-19-2004 | 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

If it's worth it to you. As long as it's been properly maintained and you check the car out thoroughly I'd say go for it. For being 2-3 years old that's not too bad. The mileage is a little high, but not rediculously so.
Old 10-19-2004 | 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

if ur into show and the rarity of it, i say the price aint too bad. id buy a Blackbird if i could find one. its a car that u may want to consider keeping GMMG stock, or getting GMMG to upgrade.
Old 10-20-2004 | 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Go for it. You will be very happy with purchase. Gets a lot af attention any where you go. What # car is it and where are you located? I have the #4 Blackbird. Good luck
Old 10-20-2004 | 02:02 AM
On The Tree

22K not bad. But I too wouldn't like the miles. I guess if you are into rare cars
see what other rare TA you can find for $22k and match it up. All I can say is the Blackbird is one awesome car.
Old 10-20-2004 | 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Default Blackbird

Originally Posted by carrillo1967
22K not bad. But I too wouldn't like the miles. I guess if you are into rare cars
see what other rare TA you can find for $22k and match it up. All I can say is the Blackbird is one awesome car.
The Blackbird you speak of SMO is one of only 7 cars built I say that is rare enough. The mileage is a little high but if the car is to your acceptance level I say buy at 22K. Look at it this way you have a bargining tool if you ever want to swap it out to a lower milage car. Blackbirds in general are rare cars to see one for sale is luck in itself. A SMO Blackbird took 1st place at Year One Commerce Challenge 2 weeks ago ,it had close to 10K on the clock. If you want upgrades GMMG will do all for you and the originality of the car stays. The paper work for your car even gets an upgrade.Let me know if you buy it ,if not I may be interested in it myself. Good luck . Hope to see a new Blackbird owner to the sight. And Hi to all other Blackbird owners. If you get the chance check out Blackbird # 4 his car has the GMMG phase 2 package on it and a couple of extras all done by GMMG. I met him about 2 weeks ago at a show in GA. he is a cool guy and likes to talk Blackbirds and GMMG.
Old 10-20-2004 | 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Bird Mann
The Blackbird you speak of SMO is one of only 7 cars built I say that is rare enough. The mileage is a little high but if the car is to your acceptance level I say buy at 22K. Look at it this way you have a bargining tool if you ever want to swap it out to a lower milage car. Blackbirds in general are rare cars to see one for sale is luck in itself. A SMO Blackbird took 1st place at Year One Commerce Challenge 2 weeks ago ,it had close to 10K on the clock. If you want upgrades GMMG will do all for you and the originality of the car stays. The paper work for your car even gets an upgrade.Let me know if you buy it ,if not I may be interested in it myself. Good luck . Hope to see a new Blackbird owner to the sight. And Hi to all other Blackbird owners. If you get the chance check out Blackbird # 4 his car has the GMMG phase 2 package on it and a couple of extras all done by GMMG. I met him about 2 weeks ago at a show in GA. he is a cool guy and likes to talk Blackbirds and GMMG.
Hey Mike - here is a dumb question. What does SMO stand for. Sorry I dont know my terminologies.
Also, if GMMG does the phase change to a car do the also change the HP numbers on the hood and varies other location that it appears.
Thanks
Old 10-20-2004 | 01:04 PM
On The Tree

It's supossed to be SOM, Sunset Orange Metallic but either way it's still the same. Awsome car's I'd say go for it 1 or 7 is probably as rare as it get's for $22k
Old 10-20-2004 | 04:40 PM
Launching!

thanks for the encouragement, i thought som was a pretty rare color, th epapre work is in process, so ill see what turns up, i'm just having a little difficulty financing it due to me being only 18.but ill let u guys know
Old 10-20-2004 | 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Hey Mike - here is a dumb question. What does SMO stand for. Sorry I dont know my terminologies.
Also, if GMMG does the phase change to a car do the also change the HP numbers on the hood and varies other location that it appears.
Thanks

carrillo1967, Yes GMMG changes #'s on hood. Mine has 525 HP on it. Did you get the pic's I sent you.......Later

Mr Bird Mann, It was nice getting to talk to you at the show. Hope you were able to work out something with the guys from GMMG. I love to talk about the car.
Old 10-20-2004 | 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackbird4
carrillo1967, Yes GMMG changes #'s on hood. Mine has 525 HP on it. Did you get the pic's I sent you.......Later

Mr Bird Mann, It was nice getting to talk to you at the show. Hope you were able to work out something with the guys from GMMG. I love to talk about the car.
Hey Blackbird4- Yes thank you for the pictures.Where you live looks very tropical. You are the Godfather of Blackbirds oweners. Did they do any more suspension work from where mine is at. Someday I might have then upgrade my car....
Old 10-20-2004 | 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Default My fault

Yep . my fault SOM not SMO sorry guys. I had just woke up when i wrote the reply. Hey Blackbird 4 I'll be in touch , looks like i may make the Year One Christmas Party this year in NOV,maybe we can get together and talk mods on the Blackbirds.
Old 10-20-2004 | 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Hey are you guys fimilar with the PRY-1 Blackbird that has 475HP. If so whats the scoop on that car. Thanks
Old 10-21-2004 | 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Hey Blackbird4- Yes thank you for the pictures.Where you live looks very tropical. You are the Godfather of Blackbirds oweners. Did they do any more suspension work from where mine is at. Someday I might have then upgrade my car....

Hey carrillo1967, No not tropical at all. I live in Acworth Ga. Those pic's were taken down in the Fl. keys. I have a freind who owns a home in Marathon I get to use for vacations. I enjoy driving the Blackbird there. Get the bug and upgrade. Gmmg does a great job with their upgrades because the cars are still very streetable. You can still drive them anywhere with no problems. Except of course everyone wanting you to show what the car will do. Only suspension work are relocation bracketts and a set of nitto's.
Old 10-21-2004 | 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

the black bird is a nice car but then again i just saw an 11 thousand mile firehawk sell for 22,000 a few weeks after i bought my t/a
Old 10-21-2004 | 06:43 AM
On The Tree

i think only 2 som cars were built in 02 one went to a guy in woodstock i believe (he constantly beat the **** out of that car) broke the rear end a couple of times. and the other went to a stucco installer in smyrna. he lost his buisness and had it repo'ed
he only beat on the car moderatly and his name is george. hope this helps
Old 10-21-2004 | 09:33 AM
Teching In

Hey Blackbird4 What Was The $ For The Upgrades If You Dont Mind Me Asking I Was Intrested In Upgrading Mine I Went Up To Pigeon Forge To See The Dick Harrell Super Car Never Got A Chance To Talk With Mr Murphy Bout My Car Hey By Chance You Seen The Super Car Camaro Yet? It's Awesome 600+ Hp And I Was Loving The Color Also Its In The Camaro Magazine Out On Stands Now It Is The Same Car In The Pic Pr-2. Anyways I Finally Got A Weekend Off And Went Up There To See The Big Block Show.mr Murphy Had 2 Zl-1 Camaro's, The Intimidator Ss, Blackbird #19 , A Anniversary Bird, And The Supercar Camaro They Were Unreal Along With All The Other Rides Up There. I Gotta Get Around Barrett Sometime And Check Your Bird Out Sounds Sweet!

Quick Reply: Blackbird!!!!