Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

berger ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 03:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question berger ss

if anyone in here owns a berger ss plz let me know i love them im would like info on them and know who actually owns any ?.....i have a white ss that i want to make into berger clone...u know the white one with red stripes and fikse fm5's....i cant find the stripe kit anywhere online ...i already had the top part of my car painted white like the berger has, and have got my valve covers powdercoated red like the berger, i am planning to upholster...my car with white leather seats....i have also blacked out my tail panel and put a berger emblem on the tail panel like the berger....if anyone has any info plz let me know..thanks
Attached Thumbnails berger ss-my-camaro-rear-shot.jpg   berger ss-my-camaro-scc-05.jpg   berger ss-my-camaro-work.jpg   berger ss-my-engine.jpg   berger ss-my-tailpanel.jpg  

Old 09-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steveo346
if anyone in here owns a berger ss plz let me know i love them im would like info on them and know who actually owns any ?.....i have a white ss that i want to make into berger clone...u know the white one with red stripes and fikse fm5's....i cant find the stripe kit anywhere online ...i already had the top part of my car painted white like the berger has, and have got my valve covers powdercoated red like the berger, i am planning to upholster...my car with white leather seats....i have also blacked out my tail panel and put a berger emblem on the tail panel like the berger....if anyone has any info plz let me know..thanks
Hope you're going big on HP also
Old 09-15-2005, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

actually i am ,for the mometn im just gonna go with hooker lt's ceramic coated and a tsp true dual exhaust and gmmg chambered mufflers.....i have the ls6 intake just havent put it on yet....i have a cam as well that put me in the 420hp range
Old 09-15-2005, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

The 380 cars are slow...that or they have sucky drivers. My SLP 345HP SS M6 has yet to lose to a 380 car. I'm bone stock too. The only one that beat me was spraying a 125HP shot of NOS and it took him a few runs to actually be able to beat me like he should have. As for stripes there is a place here in Grand Rapids, MI that does them for Berger but they won't sell kits as far as I know to anyone. I think they signed an exclusive agreement with Berger to do the stripes. Jay at 3rdgendecals.com says he can make Berger style stripes but doesn't have any pics on his site of them. What else do you want to know? I live about 25 miles from Berger so I've seen most all of the Berger cars built between their lot and the last 4 Berger all Chevy shows.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

sweet if u have any pics that would help....when i called berger and ordered my tailpanel emblem, they said they wouldnt sell me the stripe kit or the guages or pretty much anything else that makes it a berger.....the only other thing he said he would seell me was the lid emblem that goes on top of the carbon fiber air lid that it comes with... another thing is that i wanna know if any berger owners are a part of ls1tech and if so if i gave them the cash would they order me the oval tips becuase only gmmg exhaust owners can order them
Attached Thumbnails berger ss-bergerbadge1.jpg   berger ss-berger-engine-bay.jpg  

Last edited by steveo346; 09-15-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

I can e-mail some pics to you if you shoot me your address. What parts do you want pics of? Front, rear, side, stripes? Check out stainless-specialties.com for exhaust tips. They look nearly identical to the GMMG tips and may be the ones they use. They have a few different styles. I'm personally looking at getting a set of wide oval angle cut ones to replace the dual/dual tips on my car. I personally don't like the Berger clone idea. Everybody is trying to make their car look like a Berger(at least around here). Berger didn't have any SS' for sale when I was looking. All their cars were slated for Bergers or Hot Rods that they told me were all pre sold. I ended up finding mine at another dealer on the other side of town. I go to Berger for all my service and have bought other vehicles from them. I want my car to be my own car and not a copy of a dealer package car. At Camaro Superfest there was someone that had turned a 97 Z28 Convert into a "Berger" even though there never was such a thing.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

well i like the look of the white berger with red stripes and fikse's....im not soo much into stealing other peoples idea or posing or what have you...like at the superchevy show in april i entered my car at san antonio raceway, a couple went up to me and asked me if it was a berger i a wanted to be an *** i could've said yes but i told them i was just trying to make it look like one....i really want as much parts as possible...the never sold the white berger with red stripes from what i know it was just one of one...i apreciate all your help...my email is ....supers_454@msn.com
thanks, steve
Old 09-16-2005, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

The White with red stripes was sold. I can't remember to who though. There were several one off color combination Bergers of the 100 total that were made. I had people ask if my car was a Berger after I put on hockey stripes and a hood scoop stripe. I have a poster of the white Berger that was given out at the first Berger show I went to. I don't believe I have any digital pictures of it though. I'll see what I have and e-mail you a few.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:50 AM
12 Second Club

i appreciate all ur help wade, i reallt want to make my car look like the white berger with red stripes...but like i said i cant the stripe kit anywhere...the only option i have is to print out some pictures and take them to a local guy that airbrushes...he does really, really good flames so i hope he does good stripes on my car....plz let me know if any of u guys out there own any berger ss's ...haha that looks funny..thanks again wade i got the pics they are sweet!!
Old 09-17-2005, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

have a friend back in mpls that has one that was red w/ black...pretty sharp and i used to live in Grand Rapids, MI in fact my friends parents bought one from them as well when they came out (parents used to own vankampen trucking)

I know you know the reason why you can't get the parts (to stray ppl off from making false bergers and then selling them) and the oval tips from GMMG....you prolly wont find anyone who doesn't want those since they look gorgeous on the T/A's and just as good on the camaros.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

i know what you mean but i just want the stuff for my own personal gratification, i would want to pass it off as a real berger....i just love the looks i mean who wouldnt?......i really really want to get my hands on those gmmg tips..but hopefu;;y they'll come up for sale...i am willing to pay $100 a piece...if i have to..
Old 09-18-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Have you ever tried with www.3rdgendecals.com for the stripe kit?

Check these threads out!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...erger+pictures

Last edited by zredbeast; 09-18-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

do a search.. i have seen plenty berger car pics posted here from time to time.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:06 PM

SLP sells the stripe kits.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

www.01pewterz28.com go to my "misc" page and I have the GMMG cars on seperate pages, als go to "car shows" page and look at the G7, and G9 pages for more photos of Berger cars.

As for the GMMG tips good luck unless you can find someone who is selling a set of tips they will be very had to come by. I saw a set on Ebay for for $250 two weeks ago. My buddy has his tips 4-sale that he got on his exhaust @ the G9 (he put his CME tips on his chanbered. He is selling his but you can expect to pay top dollar for them $250-$300 is what he is looking for.

Sean
Old 09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Why would SLP sell Berger stripe kits???? SLP has NOTHING to do with Berger. Show me where on their site they sell these stripes?!??!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:48 AM
12 Second Club

i was gonna ask that same question getgone i had no clue that slp and berger had anything to do with each other.....thanks for all your help guys the more comments the better...thanks again..
Old 10-18-2005, 05:26 AM
12 Second Club

anyone interested in helping?
Old 10-19-2005, 06:26 PM

Not on their web site, on an SS suplimental catalogue, they had the stripes and also the Hendrix plaques, emblems & stripes. I have it somewhere in the garage.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

SLP stripes were for RS models and Hendricks was an SLP edition car, NOT GMMG like the Bergers, Tom Henry's, Earnhardt's, and BlackBirds.

Quick Reply: berger ss