Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Rare Car Drive it or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kc10a
Drive it and enjoy it. I have a 2002 35th LE convertible and have almost 29K miles on it and put it in the garage for 6 months of the year. It isn't a daily driver, but I sure do enjoy it in the summer. Mine happens to be the only one delivered new outside the US or Canada. It was actually delivered to me in Germany and has never been in the US. It has been in Germany, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, and the UK. I also have over 200 trips down the dragstrip in it and plan to take it to Nurburgring this summer. So far, I've only had to replace the front brake discs and pads and the clutch. It is a lot of fun on the autobahn, especially when some of the European cars want to play. I'd say I have easily had over 2,000 pictures taken of it, to include having people run out in the street in front of me so I'd have to stop so they could get a picture. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't make sense having such a cool car if you aren't going to enjoy it.

X2....DD for 50 mos and going strong:

50+ passes at the track (Bracket Racing champ 2005)
Numerous audio competition trophies
COTM and ROTM selections
Several car show awards

Now try that w/a car sitting in the garage
U only live once!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as i love my formula, and wish it could remain in pristine undriven condition, i bought it to drive it, and enjoy it on the road. Daily it will be driven. If / when the engine / trans keel over in the future, they will be replaced, as will most other parts. This car, is not a financial investment, but a personal investment, lifelong. But still, if i had the money to waste, i'm sure i would buy another to sit, for purposes undeterminable by me yet.

Ah, and regarding bubble cars:

Originally Posted by spy2520
if there was only one, then it'd probably be in a bubble. what year was it in the 80s that less than 10 vettes were made? they never a mass produced a production model and i think they all ended up in the corette museum....it was 83 or 84 something like that. "bubble cars".

And here are pics of the 1 and only 1983 Corvette itself.. sorry for the glare, its in a glass bubble

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/811def58.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/1afeff1f.jpg
Old 05-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
I too have to agree with some of the "minority opinion" folks here. I have two Camaros as noted in my signature.

My Phase 2 ZL1 has only 1,950 miles on her. She gets driven some, but sits most of the time in her new stable, all covered up. Sometimes my finance and I go out and uncover her and just stare at her. Weird? Probably. But we get our enjoyment out of it. She goes to several car shows (on a trailer), but again, that is what we enjoy. Like someone else said, if that is what you enjoy, it really isn't anyone else's business. Will it be worth something more that what I paid for it someday? Maybe yes, maybe no. I really don't care. Again, I am enjoying owning the car and using it the way I am using it.

The other car gets driven "some". It now has 14,500 miles on it. Again, it spends most of its time in its new stable all covered up.

Here are some pics of the new stable:

Awesome,Dale Sr would have approved of the garage,as well as your ZL1 color/stripe choice

Quick Reply: Rare Car Drive it or not?