Any 3rd gen Firehawks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Titanws6
T Tower,
Is there any demand for a 3rd Gen SLP 2OTL Exhuast that came on the Firehawks? I bought one thinking it was from the 4th gen, come to find out its for a 3rd gen, the tail pipes have the slight bend up in them.
It sounds great on my cammed LS1 and flows great too. Since the 3rd Gen Firehawk was pretty rare, would you say the exhaust is rare as well?
There is demand for it. They didn't sell that many since it came out so late in 3rd gen production, just more common on 4th gens.

Post up on thirdgen.org and I'm sure it'll go fast.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Titanws6
T Tower,
Is there any demand for a 3rd Gen SLP 2OTL Exhuast that came on the Firehawks? I bought one thinking it was from the 4th gen, come to find out its for a 3rd gen, the tail pipes have the slight bend up in them.
It sounds great on my cammed LS1 and flows great too. Since the 3rd Gen Firehawk was pretty rare, would you say the exhaust is rare as well?
Not eally rare but there is a demand. Pm me w your info as I'd like a spare set.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Will do, I'll send you some pics too.
If I can find a 4th gen 2otl, I will sell the 3rd gen 2otl. It kinda looks funny on my car, the tips stick out and up behind the bumper.
I'll tell you what though, this thing flows amazing! Only gained 2hp on the dyno with a cut-out open vs going thru the exhaust, I was suprised how well designed it is to flow that well over "newer" style catbacks that can't even come close to that.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

some of you guys prolly know a lot more about this than me, but i remember reading in one of my books laying around that the actual build #'s on the 3rd gen hawks go to 27. two hawks were ordered but never built (maybe #17 and 21??? not really sure). i would assume people need to be on the lookout for someone claiming to have whatever non-built # cars for sale? let me know if i'm correct on this...

Quick Reply: Any 3rd gen Firehawks?