Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Intimidator SS real or clone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like it or not they are gonna be collectors for sure. Especially the ones that are signed!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Teching In

There are two on ebay right now the one a guy has listed for 60k. He has listed twice and no bids have even came close. The other one is getting around 40k or so right now. If you look you will notice the one that is for 40k or so has a "by berger" emblem on the back panel? Is that correct? I thought all of the Intmidators came Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet?

Check it out?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:10 AM
12 Second Club

It's the #7 car which was sold by Berger in an online auction I believe 2 years ago. I can't remember what it ended up selling for though. It was the only Earnhardt car sold through Berger. I'm trying to remember what the deal was with them getting it in the first place. I believe it was still on MSO when they sold it. It doesn't look like this guy drove it either. What a waste of money to let a car like that sit.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GETGONE
It's the #7 car which was sold by Berger in an online auction I believe 2 years ago. I can't remember what it ended up selling for though. It was the only Earnhardt car sold through Berger. I'm trying to remember what the deal was with them getting it in the first place. I believe it was still on MSO when they sold it. It doesn't look like this guy drove it either. What a waste of money to let a car like that sit.

That car was built for Matt Berger,Dale was friends with the family.The person who owns it now is a big Earnhardt fan-he has two signed cars one he drives and this one he doesn't.The #7 car sold for 63K on line two years ago-I am amazed no one has pulled the trigger on his BIN.These cars were never promoted beyond a regional level and built at a difficult time where most people were still in shock.They fell through the cracks and are only relatively known by hardcore enthusiasts.It's going to take some time, but once the mainstream "discovers" them they will prove to be one of if not the most valuable 4th Gen cars.Time will tell!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for your accurate info Latebrake. Let us know how the up-grades on your Intimidator are comming along.....

The ground effects car in question is legit. VIN and brass tag numbers have been verified. Only known Intimidator with owner installed effects.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's the #7 car which was sold by Berger in an online auction I believe 2 years ago. I can't remember what it ended up selling for though. It was the only Earnhardt car sold through Berger. I'm trying to remember what the deal was with them getting it in the first place.
No Intimidators were sold by Berger. Matt Berger bought #7 at Dale Earnhardt Chevy in Newton, NC like every other original owner. Matt slapped a "By Berger' tag on the back probibly for publicity.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned

I know I should buy a Dale Sr. signed car now!!!

F#ck, how life's priorities get in the way.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sebring 00
No Intimidators were sold by Berger. Matt Berger bought #7 at Dale Earnhardt Chevy in Newton, NC like every other original owner. Matt slapped a "By Berger' tag on the back probibly for publicity.
Why do you act like you know everything when you don't. Did you read any of these posts? I said it was sold via online auction through Berger. LateBrakeU2 knows the story and that it WAS sold by Berger through an online auction. Read LateBrakeU2's post above.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
It's going to take some time, but once the mainstream "discovers" them they will prove to be one of if not the most valuable 4th Gen cars.Time will tell!
Are the Dick Herrell Editions more valuable than the intimidators? or do you think with time the intimidators will be worth more later on?

By the way, that car is in north denver. hard to believe one is in this city where i live. interesting....
Old 08-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99_Z_155
Are the Dick Herrell Editions more valuable than the intimidators? or do you think with time the intimidators will be worth more later on?

By the way, that car is in north denver. hard to believe one is in this city where i live. interesting....
The Dick Harrell cars will always cost more.... especially the phase III widebody cars. They already cost $100K+
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

DH cars start at $85K for the base package with stock 400HP LS6. Intimidator cars started at about $38K
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99_Z_155

Very thought provoking.I think any of the GMMG phase III cars will hold their value quite well.There is a finite amount of the C5R blocks being made.Once GM decides to end that program,the cars with them will be sealed in time.It's the same block being used by the ALMS factory team which has over thirty wins to date with it(including Le Mans,Daytona 24,Sebring 12hr etc..)so that's pretty good company!.Like previously stated there is a large disparity in pricing between the Phase 1,II,and III cars so it's hard to make an accurate comparison as far as appreciation.That being said I have yet to see a signed Intimdator sell for any less than 10k over sticker..and am not so sure the ZL1 cars can make that claim-although they are pretty scarce lately and are being stashed away for down the road(there is reportedly one large collector that is cornering the market on them and has nearly half the phase III cars built in his collection) The Dick Harrell cars are relatively new but last time I checked there are two unspoken for.. quite a few well known people in the motorsports community have them including Dale Jr. I think in time the Intimidator will prove to be the most collectable of the GMMG cars because well it's the man now isn't it?.While all the cars are very unique in their own right,at the end of the day you have Dealers selling performance edition models and then you have Chevrolets most famous racer who built his own personal performance car as an homage to his friend and fellow racer Don Yenko.From what I have been told the only reason Dale opened his dealership was because of Don's influence and he was a big fan of the Yenko Camaros.

There is so much waiting to be told about Dale's passion with these cars-sadly he never saw it realized.Hopefully all the details will be written about someday but it's still painful for all the people involved.When enough time passes it is an amazing story,especially how the cars even got built at all.

Last edited by LateBrakeU2; 08-01-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why do you act like you know everything when you don't. Did you read any of these posts? I said it was sold via online auction through Berger. LateBrakeU2 knows the story and that it WAS sold by Berger through an online auction. Read LateBrakeU2's post above.
Wade.....You really should lighten up. I personally know LateBrakeU2 as well as other Intimidator and GMMG owners. For your info, the following is the history of the #7 Intimidator to date.................

1. It was purchased new from Dale Earnhardt Chevy in Newton, NC.
2. DEC chose not to slap any 'Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet' stickers on them.
3. DEC offered to transport the cars to out of town original owners for a fee.
4. Matt Berger was the original owner.
5. It sat in Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car museum in TN for some time.
6. It was sold to Mr. J. Kett in PA.
7. Mr. Kett also owns the #12 Intimidator.
8. Mr Kett sold the car.
9. It currently resides with its new owner in GA.

Any other questions?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

I know this car from back home. It is the REAL deal. Not a clone in any sense of the word. I too questioned it at first because of the Ground Effects, but paperwork and VIN numbers speak worlds about a car these days. As far as the GFX, to each his own. I didn't mind it one bit in person.

Car gets trailered fricken everywhere. Seen it all over the state too, Super Chevy was a hotspot for this car.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
thats a Xenon Body kit
It still looks like crap. From others pics of other the kit does nothing for it, but make it look as if some is maybe trying to hide something. I am not trying to start anything, but thats just my .02.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:11 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

those gfxs suck ballz

Quick Reply: Intimidator SS real or clone?