Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

02 formula ws6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats because they didnt make a formula ws6 in 02...
Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
Actually they did, they made 14 of them. All of which went straight to GMMG and were made just for GMMG.
But did those 14 GMMG '02 Formula "WS6"s have the WS6 RPO code on the doors? Or did GMMG just take Formulas and make WS6 clones?

Regarding the VIN, all the insurance companies and the BMV cares about is if the car is a V8 or V6 and whether it's a coupe or 'vert. The VIN (alone) differentiates between those and THAT IS ALL. Unless you have access to the RPO listing for a particular VIN#, you cannot tell from the VIN alone if the Firebird is a "Formula" or "Formula T/A".
Old 02-22-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02 1LE HAWK
Not 100% sure, but I don't think that power and leather and T-tops plays into the equation.

-Matt

i've seen plenty formulas with leather and ttops.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

listen, its a pontiac firebird formula trans am ws6.... thats what it is...a trans am is a formula with modifications. a ws6 is a trans am which is still a formula, unless the ws6 did not have the trans am option, then its a ws6 formula...obviousely you have the trans am option, so its a pontiac firebird formula trans am ws6....my firehawk doesnt come up as "firehawk".....its comes up as "1993 PONTIAC FIREBIRD FORM/TRANS AM/GT" from carfax....but i know its still a hawk, because the codes indicate the r6v which is a hawk plus my vin matches with 93 hawk o64...slp's records match my vin with my car number 064...plaque on dash says 064...if you really want to know...call up pontiac historical society and give them your vin...but im tellin you, its a trans am...but still a formula, haha, confused?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

my formula has t tops and leather
Old 02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
But did those 14 GMMG '02 Formula "WS6"s have the WS6 RPO code on the doors? Or did GMMG just take Formulas and make WS6 clones?

They are actually clones. It took me a couple months to learn this as well. As stated, due to the fact you couldn't get a Formula WS6 after 2000...the dealer (Carl Black) took the 14 Formulas and installed all of the WS6 components and actually did the wheels/stripes/springs/optional leather interior. Then the cars went to GMMG if they were going to be a Phase 1 or Phase 2 car for the other various upgrades.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why is my trans am titled as a firebird? I think they are all Firebirds. Then there is the fomy option and the trans am option.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1_Hawk
listen, its a pontiac firebird formula trans am ws6.... thats what it is...a trans am is a formula with modifications. a ws6 is a trans am which is still a formula, unless the ws6 did not have the trans am option, then its a ws6 formula...obviousely you have the trans am option, so its a pontiac firebird formula trans am ws6....my firehawk doesnt come up as "firehawk".....its comes up as "1993 PONTIAC FIREBIRD FORM/TRANS AM/GT" from carfax....but i know its still a hawk, because the codes indicate the r6v which is a hawk plus my vin matches with 93 hawk o64...slp's records match my vin with my car number 064...plaque on dash says 064...if you really want to know...call up pontiac historical society and give them your vin...but im tellin you, its a trans am...but still a formula, haha, confused?

When people ask I just tell them It's a Camaro instead of educating them about the Firebird, Formula, TransAm WS6.. They usually ask me weeks later how the Corvette is running

Last edited by wws699; 02-28-2007 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1_Hawk
Ha ha ha Right on -- but funny to see in print.

It's also funny to hear people discuss the parallels between Z28s and Formulas and Trans Ams, i.e. which is more like a Z28, a Formula or a Trans Am?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
On the tree

Jesh I am getting a head ache from reading all of this...

All V8 T/A's are Formula's from the factory, then the Y82 options adds the high rise spoiler, T/A front fascia and side skirts and rear bumper cover. Like was said everything starts as a V6 firebird, then when you add the V8 it goes to Formula, then the T/A was the appearence option.

You could get T-tops and leather on the Formulas as well as the T/A's The last year or so of the production the T/A got T-tops and leather as a standard option and the last year of production all V8 cars were T-toped from the factory as GM was running the production out.

In all actuallity all of our cars are T-top cars from the get go, only difference is the hard top cars have a top bonded on them that the T-top cars did not get.

Quick Reply: 02 formula ws6?