Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Q on Rare 4th Gens

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know,,,damn i wrote all that **** down,,and no one even attacked me,,,just skipped right over like it was invisible!!!!!!!!!what the hell??????

and when did we start talking about "superbirds"?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

what the hell does the color have to do with ANYTHING?? who the hell cares about your purple cars. if i wanted some weird color i would have bought it, i ordered my TA new.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
what the hell does the color have to do with ANYTHING?? who the hell cares about your purple cars. if i wanted some weird color i would have bought it, i ordered my TA new.
Lighten up, Francis.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigman
20 years from now, it will be awesome to see an old school twin turbo supra running door to door with sports cars of the new era.

Hell yeah it will!! Cough... check sig... cough cough
Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Lighten up, Francis.

you first, scooter

Last edited by EchoMirage; 03-15-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 10th Hawk last month with 55 8XXmiles on it. Was it driven alot, sure, for a hawk, do I care? no, what I was looking for was a well taken care of car that I wanted to have that is special to me, and Hawks are my fortea.

I love the lines, exclusivity as they are rare, motor, tranny (six gears) and the cushyness along with the brash of a muscle car.

I prob won't put many miles on mine, but I am at the moment because I can't contain myself, I love driving it. I have EVERY piece of paperwork for the car, the trade in documents/bill of sale, sales' business card, down to the "Bill of laiding". That counts for alot along with the pristine condition the car has been kept in by the orig. owner. I was willing to pay extra to find that kind of owner pride and "****" ness so much that 55K miles didn't phase me in the least even though I was searching for a 40K mile or less M6 Hawk, I made a trade off and also made a deal on price too. I'm happy
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

4th Gen. F-bodies should be bought to drive and enjoy. All I was trying to express was my opinion on whether these cars would be future collectables or retain exceptional value. At this point, unless it is still in the wrapper with 8 original miles on it, I don't think they will. Do I care? NO! Was that why I bought my car? NO! I just enjoy driving it and having fun with it. If you like the look of a Firehawk, get a Firehawk. If a WS6 is your style, get a WS6. If you like an SS, get an SS. But trying to make your decision based on one being more valuable than another 5, 10 or 20 years from now should not really enter the equation. I don't think it's gonna matter much. Now a Dick Harrell Camaro - that might be a different story. My .02
Old 03-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Launching!

i think the llt1 ws6's are some of the rarest of the 4th gens, especially the formula ws6's in polo green metallic

formuhawk99 your a schwatts lol and since when it 50k considered high miles?? like even if i bought a brand new 07 vette, put 50k on it my first year and let it sit for the next 10 years under your theory its considered a daily driver? How about you just concentrate on enjoying your DD and let the ones with garage queens determine what makes a garage queen a garage queen. ......8 miles still in the wrapper??? lol c mon get real man, youd be luckey to find any 4th gen with under 100k today, so if u find one with 50k or 60k on it and start running off on how its still a dd and not a queen u better take a good look at the 4th gens around today IMO
Old 03-16-2007, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT14MULAWS-6
i think the llt1 ws6's are some of the rarest of the 4th gens, especially the formula ws6's in polo green metallic

formuhawk99 your a schwatts lol and since when it 50k considered high miles?? like even if i bought a brand new 07 vette, put 50k on it my first year and let it sit for the next 10 years under your theory its considered a daily driver? How about you just concentrate on enjoying your DD and let the ones with garage queens determine what makes a garage queen a garage queen. ......8 miles still in the wrapper??? lol c mon get real man, youd be luckey to find any 4th gen with under 100k today, so if u find one with 50k or 60k on it and start running off on how its still a dd and not a queen u better take a good look at the 4th gens around today IMO

Ah........OK. I am eternally grateful to you for setting me straight. Boy, you sure showed me how misguided I was in my thinking.
All right, I'm lying. I have to admit that I actually do not have a clue as to what you are trying to say. Does anyone have a Moron to English dictionary I can borrow? I'm dying to find out what a "schwatts" is.
By the way, you sure like the term garage queen. You must hear those words a lot seeing as you have been able to retain them. Is that your nickname or something?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:57 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Alright. That's enough. Tone it down boys or you are all going under LOCK DOWN!

Damn, these crackers are making me thirsty!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Ever notice that it's always some dude with a car in a really common color like black or red or something that starts the arguments in these threads?

I disagree, mine is SOM and I'm an *******!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LT14MULAWS-6

My WS6 only has 32K on it, I bought it with 29K on the odometer about a year ago. It's a garage queen, but it just doesn't sit all the time, I take it out and drive it regularly. I wouldn't own a car that just sat there all the time... but I do own three cars and there's only one of me, so at any point in time two of them HAVE to be just sitting there parked.

Right now it's no where near show quality.... there's chips and cracks in the paint, it needs new seat covers, and lots of minor appearance stuff for it to be "perfect"... I figured I'd just enjoy it as a weekend cruiser until it really needs to be restored, then restore it and stop driving it for anything other than shows.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by formuhawk99
There is a distinct difference between a car being popular and a car being valuable. What is so unique about a 5 liter Mustang or an F-body that is going to make it valuable? Any factory variations on these cars was relegated to a decal package and different wheels. Is that really going to get people worked up about these cars generating a significant increase in value?

I have a 40K mile 1999 Formula Firehawk, black, 6 speed with T-Tops. According to the Firehawk website, it is one of only 18 equipped like that in '99. Sounds real exclusive but it is really nothing more than a Firebird Formula with a different hood and wheels and some decals. Is that really going to make this car desirable? I'd love to think that someday this car will be valuable but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just going to drive it and have fun.
Who knew a crossram intake, cowl hood, and disc brakes on the back of a camaro could multiply its value in 30-40 years. Its a hood intake and some brakes?
Old 03-18-2007, 09:04 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

5,10 or maybe even 15 years from now people will be saying similar things about cars that go largely ignored today.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Its already started, people are grabbing up IROCs, GTAs, 91-92 Z28s as they see the prices start to shoot up on the late 70s cars. TAs are through the roof and the 79-81 Z28s are slowly getting there. Go check what low mile IROCs are fetching especially verts.

4th gens that will be worth the money are below, mark my words.

93-97 Firehawks
95-97 Comp T/As
96-97 SS
97 30th Z28s and SS LT1 & LT4
94 25th TA
99 30th TA
02 CE TA
93 Z pace car
02 35th Camaro
all 96 and up white or silver indy festival cars
All GMMG cars
1LE cars (with 1LE in the RPOs)

Everything else will fall in behind these as they were more mass produced than the above cars.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grb
5,10 or maybe even 15 years from now people will be saying similar things about cars that go largely ignored today.

I would like to say that about the lt1's, i just see far to few of them around that are still in good shape and worth looking at. I know many just laugh at that idea, but who knows?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

The gold colored F-bodies are rare. 9 or so of them
Old 03-23-2007, 05:16 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rhode Island Red
The gold colored F-bodies are rare. 9 or so of them
And rare for a very good reason. I've never seen a gold car that looked good.
It's probably the only color that could make an Enzo look bad!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

ahem.......

Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

So, there is ONE good looking gold car.

Quick Reply: Q on Rare 4th Gens