Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

This will ruin your day....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That Mystic teal car with the TT 2's looks just like one that is here in GA. I hope it isn't!! We both have Mystic LS1 T/A's. There's not that many of them around.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I were hit making a left turn by a guy that ran a red light going about 55. I don't have any pics anymore but imagine a 00 camaro with missing everything from just before the center of the front wheels wells. The engine was sitting cocked and the front end got a little more wide due to the angle of the hit. It almost completely ripped out the front fuse block. We had to say goodbye to our first new car. At least we still have the memory of prom night in the passenger seat and my first speeding ticket.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Ha ha ha im on my 5th on! I look at it as like im making the value of all the remaining f cars worth more sad but true, **** this is my second ceta. And ya my insurance sucks too!!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

im 19 and this is why insurance is so high on me because i have fun with my cars but why do something stupid like street race. these young RICH spoon fed kids get these cars that mom and dad paid for and that is exactly what gives them that i just dont give a f@#$ attitude. ever since i was young i had to work my @SS off for my first car.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by transamkid1985
im 19 and this is why insurance is so high on me because i have fun with my cars but why do something stupid like street race. these young RICH spoon fed kids get these cars that mom and dad paid for and that is exactly what gives them that i just dont give a f@#$ attitude. ever since i was young i had to work my @SS off for my first car.
your not the only one fellow GA'er. i work for everything that i have cloths and food. you really appreciate it more.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Agreed on the insurance deal. That last pic was intense on the op. I've been in the backseat of a wreck, 2001 Black SS, but there was no horseplay involved. Isn't anyone else here wondering who really wrecks more cars, camaro or ta(formys and birds also) drivers? Sounds like a good poll.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any good T/A rear bumpers? I want one to test paint the CETA on. what about front license plate covers?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transamkid1985
where In columbus do you live? Im staying in columbus right now for my job. I work out of Ft. Benning right now with the AAEF on the McKenna site. I live in New Jersey and work out of Ft. Dix, but we are down here for an experiment until Nov. 18th.

I wish I drove my T/A down here, there is ALOT of rice crapolas driving around.

I also agree with you, too many **** driving around with mommy paid cars. Im only 20, my first car was a POS 95 Monte carlo Z34, its was the fastest car at my school (i modded it a bit) but it was a pos, while everyone else drove around brand freakin new mustangs, and bmws and ****s, it pisses me off. Some idiot actually wound up killing his girlfriend because he was speeding in front of my school with his **** trying to be cool.

(the only reason I have this T/A is because I joined the Marine Corps, and found a government job that pays very well and saved up my money to buy everything I want, not mommy and daddy.)
Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cried..say what u want but i did...any odds of getting parts list for a 98-02ta outta that set of cars? would like to see the TT2's if they are for sale or the speedline ta wheels...god that sucks..makes me really happy i got one when i did...man......
Old 10-28-2007, 01:34 PM

What Salvage yard in MA? I'm interested in the TT II's on the T/A. Also may wnat to check out some other parts for the SS's.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

So sad to see all that.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait till we get our dealer liscense and go to the auctions!! Looks like there is a ton of good parts left.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I've always thought F-bods did not live normal lifespans. No matter how many were made any given year there are probably a few hundred or so less of them every year.

Let's face it, if we were smart people with a lot of brains and money we wouldn't be driving maros!!! Hell, we're too stupid NOT to wreck our cars!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by grb
Let's face it, if we were smart people with a lot of brains and money we wouldn't be driving maros!!! Hell, we're too stupid NOT to wreck our cars!
Um. . . .speak for yourself

Im sure not many people will agree with you.

BTW: If you were joking and I simply did not sense the sarcasm then please disregard my comment
Old 10-28-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

not to beat a dead horse, but there have been many threads with people asking for parts from wrecked cars in salvage yards. bottom line is, im 99% sure anyone here can NOT just walk up and buy a set of rims, bumper, etc. thats NOT how those yards work. let the OP clarify this, but im almost sure all of those cars, if there is anything worthy on them, will be auctioned off buy body shops, speed shops, people with accounts at the salvage yards. and nothing will go cheap.....depending on damage, the motor and trans alone are worth 3-4 grandish. i would bet that green TA with the rear snaggle-tooth bumper could sell for 5K.

as much as we would like it, its not like a junkyard back in the 60s or 70s, where any old wreck would be brought in, and its first come-first served. salvage yards are in it to make money, not to help out some f-body guys.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:39 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I speak for all of Maroland dude. We are the dregs of society. Everybody makes fun of camaro owners. We are white trash. Vette owners won't even wave at us. Ricers giggle when we rumble by. Little bastids!!

Know it, live it and love it or you are not real camaro material duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. We walk with our heads high knowing the entire motoring world loathes our very existence! **** 'em. For we drive maros!!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by grb
I speak for all of Maroland dude. We are the dregs of society. Everybody makes fun of camaro owners. We are white trash. Vette owners won't even wave at us. Ricers giggle when we rumble by. Little bastids!!

Know it, live it and love it or you are not real camaro material duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. We walk with our heads high knowing the entire motoring world loathes our very existence! **** 'em. For we drive maros!!
O okay. . . .camaro owners, but not owners of trans ams, formulas or Firehawks.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Maros, hawks we're all the same man. We are like the living dead. We're ugly, we stink and we ain't going away!!! I'm thinking about getting a tattoo....camaro Man! All kinds of neat colors, smoking rear tires, big haired gf and a top notch mullet!!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
not to beat a dead horse, but there have been many threads with people asking for parts from wrecked cars in salvage yards. bottom line is, im 99% sure anyone here can NOT just walk up and buy a set of rims, bumper, etc. thats NOT how those yards work. let the OP clarify this, but im almost sure all of those cars, if there is anything worthy on them, will be auctioned off buy body shops, speed shops, people with accounts at the salvage yards. and nothing will go cheap.....depending on damage, the motor and trans alone are worth 3-4 grandish. i would bet that green TA with the rear snaggle-tooth bumper could sell for 5K.

as much as we would like it, its not like a junkyard back in the 60s or 70s, where any old wreck would be brought in, and its first come-first served. salvage yards are in it to make money, not to help out some f-body guys.

you are partially correct. those photos were taken from a salvage pool; which is different than a salvage yard. in a salvage pool, the insurance company owns the car and the pool is auctioning complete vehicles off(no parts) for a fee, and in a salvage yard the owner of the yard owns the cars that he bought from a salvage pool and sells them by part or however he chooses. to buy from IAA and or Copart, you must first have a salvage liscense for your state and then you must be registered to buy at those particular pools. anyone can walk into a salvage yard and buy a part, but a not a salvage pool.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry for the confusion guys, and sorry for not responding to any pms i received i have not been up on my ls1tech.....those cars are not in my yard they are just cars scheduled to go through the auction like someone stated. i just felt like sharing some of the ones that i thought were good to look at...we do get them in but parts go out just as fast as they come in...not to mention we get first dibs on everything!!

Quick Reply: This will ruin your day....