Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

WS6 hood VS Raptor hood

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 11:18 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98camZ
yo ur car is a SS put SS wheels on it
FAIL! My car had SLP optioned chrome ZR1's, but nice try....not.

Just is dumb to have a WS6 car driving around with WS6 badges and sporting a Raptor hood. They are for non-ram air T/A's aftermarket hood choice.
Thats almost as dumb as me putting a lame *** Z28 hood on my SS and driving it around with SS badges on it.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRAGER

Just is dumb to have a WS6 car driving around with WS6 badges and sporting a Raptor hood. They are for non-ram air T/A's aftermarket hood choice.
Thats almost as dumb as me putting a lame *** Z28 hood on my SS and driving it around with SS badges on it.

Peace,
Craig.

I disagree because the Z hood is boring while the SS hood looks hot, but the ws6 hood looks good but is on the border of cool vs rice, whereas the raptor hood is far from boring and looks perfectly badass on any firebird.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Peace,
Craig.
Ok wut about the trans am in ur SIG? that has a raptor/firehawk hood on it
Old 12-22-2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by 98camZ
Ok wut about the trans am in ur SIG? that has a raptor/firehawk hood on it
Yes sir, what about it? My T/A has a Raptor hood, key word T/A. If I had a WS6 I would not put any other hood on it. Plus the fit and quality of a factory WS6 is the best. Don't get me wrong I like my Raptor hood, I love the optional heat extractors on the cowl and I do get alot of compliments on it but it has some flaws.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a raptor hood and love it. It lines up perfect (i'm sure its due to knowing a good shop) and looks great. I think the lines of the raptor hood flow better with the trans am body than the WS6 hood. But I do have to agree with crager if the car is a WS6 keep a WS6 hood on it.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

WS6 hood hands down.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
I have a raptor hood and love it. It lines up perfect (i'm sure its due to knowing a good shop) and looks great. I think the lines of the raptor hood flow better with the trans am body than the WS6 hood. But I do have to agree with crager if the car is a WS6 keep a WS6 hood on it.
Like I said, I do like my Raptor hood but its the fit and quality I don't like. And no, it was not the bodyshop by any means. The hood latch was molded waaaay to high and I have to use washers like a stack of dimes to make up for the distance. I also had to use alot of washers to match the heigh of the hood, the headlight covers were off from the hood, and I had to adjust the fenders to match the hood. I had to make the car fit the hood, not the other way around that it should be, and now after some years the molding is showing dimples.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like I said, I do like my Raptor hood but its the fit and quality I don't like. And no, it was not the bodyshop by any means.
I wasnt trying to say anything bad about the body shop u went to crager. I was just trying to say that my hood lines up great and has for years. Sometimes its just a crapshoot with aftermarket fiberglass hoods. I know my friend at the shop definately went the extra mile with my car. I remember they told me they did have to spend a lot of extra time on hood prep and fitment on the car.

As i said before if the cars a WS6 I would stick with an OEM WS6 hood. It will definately have a better fit than just about any aftermarket fiberglass hood. I bet the insurance company said they would cover an aftermarket hood cuz they know it will probably be 2-3 times cheaper than an OEM hood from the dealer.

Last edited by 98Blubrd; 12-22-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I got the raptor on my Formula and I love it. I would find it hard to recommend it over a WS6 for a WS6. It would look cool though.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

I have a Raptor hood i'll swap for the WS6.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

It's all personal preference. Do what makes you happy.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Peace,
Craig.
Had chrome zr1's. doesn't look like it does anymore.

So how is your situation any different from putting a raptor on a ws6?
Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by r.serio
I have a Raptor hood i'll swap for the WS6.
i'll trade you a flat hood straight up!
Old 12-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by its turbo time
Had chrome zr1's. doesn't look like it does anymore.

So how is your situation any different from putting a raptor on a ws6?
...ummmm lets see ZR1's are vette wheels, which I myself don't care for any vette wheels on f-body cars, and a hood is a body panel. A WS6 car is a WS6 car anyway you put it. To put a Raptor hood on a WS6 car is a disgrace IMHO.

So wheels mean nothing if you change them, but body panels are part of the car, more so a special optioned car like a WS6, Firehawk, SS, etc...
If people see a WS6 car with a Raptor hood they're going to think its a fake WS6, and either way fake or not they're going to think WTF?!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah I don't think you should take the WS6 hood off for a different one, unless it's the WS9 hood. If my hood ever gets damaged, that's what I want to put on. Looks like a WS6 but has the raptor heat extractors.

But the hood I like the most is the Mecham, but would never switch it out since my car is a WS6.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

ws-6....
Old 12-26-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen SS's with cowl hoods, should those guys be reprimanded too?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

...ummmm lets see ZR1's are vette wheels, which I myself don't care for any vette wheels on f-body cars, and a hood is a body panel. A WS6 car is a WS6 car anyway you put it. To put a Raptor hood on a WS6 car is a disgrace IMHO.

So wheels mean nothing if you change them, but body panels are part of the car, more so a special optioned car like a WS6, Firehawk, SS, etc...
If people see a WS6 car with a Raptor hood they're going to think its a fake WS6, and either way fake or not they're going to think WTF?!

Peace,
Craig.
i smell what your stepping in...
Old 12-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
I've seen SS's with cowl hoods, should those guys be reprimanded too?
IMHO yes, unless its a nasty *** drag car. Here is a better question for you. How about an SS with an Ultra Z hood??? That is the same as WS6 with a Raptor hood....lame.

Originally Posted by its turbo time
i smell what your stepping in...
Don't get offended, its just my opinion.

But let me ask this of you guys that are for a Raptor hood on a WS6. First off, none of you have one and therefor not proud of it. How about this, buy a WS6 and slap a Raptor hood on it. Go to car shows and snap a bunch of pics and show LS1TECH.com your WS6/Raptor. The WS6 guys will "smell what you're stepping in."

Peace,
Craig.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMHO yes, unless its a nasty *** drag car. Here is a better question for you. How about an SS with an Ultra Z hood??? That is the same as WS6 with a Raptor hood....lame.
Well I'm not a fan of the ultra z hood...but...you're right, it's opinion. But anyway, I hear you, a special edition appearance package, it does lose the matching status without the stock hood, but more important is the appearance the owner prefers. Maybe they save the stock hood, or to some buyers it might lose a bit of value, but if the owner likes the appearance, then that's what really matters. As for other car people thinking wtf...if this thread is a fair sample size, then you are the low percent of people out of many posting to seem to think wtf...

Quick Reply: WS6 hood VS Raptor hood