Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Berger cars - mileage

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berger Cars

Only time will tell what the GMMG cars will be worth in the future, and I mean 15 to 20 years down the road. Typically cars will lose their value in the first 10 years and then if they are a true collectible they will start the appreciate from there, look at the current value of some of our GMMG cars, most have gone down in value from the original sticker price however this is a great time to accumulate them at a discounted price then hold them for 5 to 8 years and see what happens then. Also the economy has a big impact on current values, right now people with financial issues are unloading these car for next to nothing. Take a look at the original 1969 ZL-1 most of them sat on the dealer showroom floor for years before being purchased, however now look what they are worth 40 years later, It's anybodys guess as to what the value of these cars will be worth 10 years from now. If you are looking for a investment, cars are generally not the way to go, put $40,000 dollars in the stock market now check it in 30 years you will have well over 1/4 million dollars. Go figure................

Last edited by ZL1 #14; 01-30-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-30-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Berger cars - mileage

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
Hey J.D., sure you don't want to sell the ZL1? I think she'd look just as good next to my 30th Anniversary as she does yours!!!!

Besides, I need another Black GMMG car to sandwich the LT4!

BTW: Great pics of the ZL1 and congrats on the magazine spot. I think it's one of my favorites as well. I wish I was in a position back in '01 to order one.
While I'm sure my ZL1 would have a good home in sunny Florida with you, SHE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR SALE...................but.................you already knew that Jordan.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Default Berger cars-mileage

While I'm sure my ZL1 would have a good home in sunny Florida with you, SHE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR SALE...................but.................you already knew that Jordan.
I thought I would try anyway! It's not going to be easy breaking the news to my LT4 though....she was looking forward to sitting next to ZL1! Ha Ha! jk!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Anyone else feel that the collectibility of these Camaros will drop a bit once the new Camaro comes out? They would have been worth a lot more in the future had the Camaro never came back. I think in time we will see that the special edition Firebirds will hold their value better....unless the Firebird comes back too.
I DO THINK THAT THAT IS A POSSIBILITY (if a new Camaro actually is produced by Chevrolet/General Motors).

Now, with that being said, I personally really don't care. I ordered/purchased this car because I wanted it. For lack of a better expression.............I fell in love with my car.............and I'm still in love with it. It's better than a woman..................it won't cheat on me.................

I do agree...................If the new Camaro doesn't come out............I do believe over time that they would be worth more. I am personally still not convinced that the new Camaro is coming out. When I see them readily available in the Chevrolet dealers showrooms................then I will be convinced.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

like stated above, i feel that the low numbers of gmmg cars produced with their high sticker price and relatively high amount of performance will make these cars very collectible in the coming years, just like the original zl1, with its aluminum big block, pretty much the first of its kind, i dont think these cars will fetch the same sticker vs sale price on the block at barret jackson, basically due to the fact of the motors arent really rare, in fact anyone with an ls1 and a good machine shop and a little money can replicate those gmmg car's engines, which i think will hurt the rareness but still, these cars are low production and high power, just the combination to make them ultimate collectibles from this era in performance cars,

i think the carl black blackbird is a nice car, but i dont think it will bring as much as a zl1 or berger or a dick harrel wide body, just my opinion thou.

so i guess i dont think the coming back of the camaro will hurt or take away from these cars collectability i know thats not a word but whatever,

i wonder if gm will give slp a chance at making some special edition or more potent cars,
that would be cool i think
Old 01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

I'm still searching for a 2002 berger car. I finally got a hold of Matt Murphy today. Great guy talked with me for 10-15 minutes. I wanted to get some info on the upgrades if I find a 380 hp car. I will at least upgrade to 475hp Phase IIX. He said these cars are like family and will check everything on the car while doing the upgrades. I did ask him about the new Camaro, and he said they are speaking with Berger about making some new cars, but with the first 400hp Camaro retail price of almost $40,000. w/ Berger upgrade $50,000+. No thanks, but I hope some you current Berger guys are looking to upgrade.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Nine Ball;8600022] They would have been worth a lot more in the future had the Camaro never came back. QUOTE]

You must have a Magical Crystal Ball to make such a BOLD statement ! !
Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=Sebring 00;8604106]
Originally Posted by Nine Ball
They would have been worth a lot more in the future had the Camaro never came back. QUOTE]

You must have a Magical Crystal Ball to make such a BOLD statement ! !
lol, thats just common knowledge,
Old 02-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GETGONE
If you're not gonna drive em, why bother owning them? I'm glad my club members with Bergers aren't pansies about driving their cars. Many drive them rain or shine and on long club tours and to far away shows and Power Tour.
Thats what iam talking about why buy it if you aint driving it. I was gona put 10xxx miles on mine if i didnt get shafted by the Berger camaro project manager hahahahahaha.......drive it like you stole it pansies!!!!!!!!......BB
Old 02-01-2008, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Gee, would that be the now infamous Dennis Barker? He's now working at another dealer in the Grand Rapids area. Still don't know the exact details on what happened there. I think one of my club members has almost 60K on his car. He burns the tires off it like crazy and has a custom airbrushed devil in the scoop area. There was another guy that used to own a Berger that put nitrous on it. Too bad he still couldn't drive and I beat him every time at the drag strip with my car. And I've yet to be beaten by a 380HP Berger. I've also beaten ZL1 #3 when it had the 400HP LS6. The next time I saw the car it had the 600HP C5R in it.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Gee, would that be the now infamous Dennis Barker? He's now working at another dealer in the Grand Rapids area. Still don't know the exact details on what happened there. I think one of my club members has almost 60K on his car. He burns the tires off it like crazy and has a custom airbrushed devil in the scoop area. There was another guy that used to own a Berger that put nitrous on it. Too bad he still couldn't drive and I beat him every time at the drag strip with my car. And I've yet to be beaten by a 380HP Berger. I've also beaten ZL1 #3 when it had the 400HP LS6. The next time I saw the car it had the 600HP C5R in it.
Next time your in Florida let me know, I would love to have a go at you for pinks plus $20,000 put your money were your big mouth is..............
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as a GMMG owner I must have the most miles at 15,600
Old 02-02-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaro6662

I believe my buddy has you beat his 02 Hot Rod car has just over 18k still looks brand new
Old 02-02-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

In a way I hope what NineBall says is true. I prefer the Firebird to be dead for good. Mine is just a regular TA and I do not consider it an investment but a gew years from now I also expect its value to increase some. Samething goes for my Magnum SRT8. Its a 1 of 555 cars and is going to be discontinued also. There was an article lately were future collectible cars were discussed and the Magnum SRT8 was mentioned as on of them. Either way I also dont consider it as investment so I need to keep working my *** off!! LOL!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZL1 = Pure sex. I would giz myself if I could afford/own one.

I'll trade my wife and 3 kids for one. Do I have any takers???
Old 02-03-2008, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

I spoke to the owner of Slp at sema this past november and he said he was getting a new camaro and putting a 427 in it when gm gets him one. Yeah, I forgot his name. I meet alot of people there. He can't wait to start making speed parts for them.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaro6662
Not even close. I said earlier one of my club members has about 60K on his 00 Berger SS.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1 #14
Next time your in Florida let me know, I would love to have a go at you for pinks plus $20,000 put your money were your big mouth is..............
What's the matter? Mad you spent all that money just to get beat by a lowly 345HP SLP car? I'd like to race someone in a 380hp car that knew how to properly launch. Most of them just floor it and with the 4.10's go up in smoke. My car dynoed at 327hp stock, which I believe is around what the 380hp GMMG cars put down. I'm not making things up that I've beat these cars, I really have. I've ran several different cars and different years when Berger had a drag day before their Berger all Chevy show. I even had several guys come up to me the day of the show and ask what I had done and how I was able to run so fast.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

What's the matter? Mad you spent all that money just to get beat by a lowly 345HP SLP car? I'd like to race someone in a 380hp car that knew how to properly launch. Most of them just floor it and with the 4.10's go up in smoke. My car dynoed at 327hp stock, which I believe is around what the 380hp GMMG cars put down. I'm not making things up that I've beat these cars, I really have. I've ran several different cars and different years when Berger had a drag day before their Berger all Chevy show. I even had several guys come up to me the day of the show and ask what I had done and how I was able to run so fast.
right your gods gift to camaro's, honestly no one cares how many "berger" cars youve beaten, and im pretty sure if he has money to spend hes not mad he spent it, just race him to prove your point, or shut up if you cant hang
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
right your gods gift to camaro's, honestly no one cares how many "berger" cars youve beaten, and im pretty sure if he has money to spend hes not mad he spent it, just race him to prove your point, or shut up if you cant hang

I know alot of the guys that Wade (Get Gone)is talking about in his post above..............including Jim P. and Doug W.

If those guys want to drive them and race them.................that's their business and no one elses.

For those of us Wade that choose to NOT drive them and pamper them, that's our business.

Quick Reply: Berger cars - mileage