Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Berger cars - mileage

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But it's so BORING to just LOOK at a car....DRIVE IT!!!! I hadn't joined the club when Berger had their drag days so I didn't know who I was racing at the time. The club hasn't done a track day since I joined so I haven't gotten to race anyone I know in a Berger. I almost bought a Berger in 01 but I like modifying my own cars and didn't want to buy a Berger then be afraid to do what I wanted with it mod wise since it's a limited edition car.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GETGONE
But it's so BORING to just LOOK at a car....DRIVE IT!!!! I hadn't joined the club when Berger had their drag days so I didn't know who I was racing at the time. The club hasn't done a track day since I joined so I haven't gotten to race anyone I know in a Berger. I almost bought a Berger in 01 but I like modifying my own cars and didn't want to buy a Berger then be afraid to do what I wanted with it mod wise since it's a limited edition car.
exactly, that is perfectly said right their, most of the time when a collector has a limited edition car such as a berger or what have you , that person has another car to beat in to get the job done, some cars just need to be looked at, and occasionally driven
Old 02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am 100% confident that Wade could beat me drag racing against me in my Berger SS, not because it's slow, not because Wade's car is so awesome, but because I am not very good at drag racing, never have and quite honestly never want to be. . .

Congrats Wade you are a good driver . . . no need to be, well, snotty about it. You are what one calls a bad winner.

We all love our cars in different ways . . . but the funny thing is you are starting to contradict your self in the last post . .

. . . I almost bought a Berger in 01 but I like modifying my own cars and didn't want to buy a Berger then be afraid to do what I wanted with it mod wise since it's a limited edition car.
So, scared to modify it, but not to drive it? . . . wus.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
I am 100% confident that Wade could beat me drag racing against me in my Berger SS, not because it's slow, not because Wade's car is so awesome, but because I am not very good at drag racing, never have and quite honestly never want to be. . .

Congrats Wade you are a good driver . . . no need to be, well, snotty about it. You are what one calls a bad winner.

We all love our cars in different ways . . . but the funny thing is you are starting to contradict your self in the last post . .

Andy.....................you crack me up........................
Old 02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Hey Andy hows things, hope all is well.

As far as driving, racing, looking at these cars, we all bought these specialty cars for different reasons, personally I like all the above. We all could have, and did buy, others 4th gens, and modified them in our own way, you end with a personalized vehicle. (nothing wrong with that) The main reason most of have and interest in say a Berger SS, is because there, unique, limited, and in most cases modified the same way as all the others car of that particular package. That's why there were so many packages offered in 02. and many horsepower phases to meet everyone's needs.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

not saying that i diagree with keeping miles low on a special vehicle like these, but its kind of ironic that what makes these cars so special is how fast they are, yet they dont get driven.

heck im hardly one to talk, my car is never going to be worth what the GMMG cars are worth, but i still keep my miles low. all of my friends make fun of me for it too.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Hey GMMGSUPERCARS how many GMMG cars do you want, if you ever decide to sell one or need room for the new Camaro sell me one of your 2002 SS....please.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

Not scared, knowing that modding one myself would be devaluing the car. I prefer to have something UNIQUE to me, not one of 35 or 69 or 100 other cars built. Sure it'll never be worth anything to anyone other than me, and that's perfectly fine by me. I bought my car to mod how I want and to keep. If I had bought a Berger I wouldn't be worried about keeping it in the garage with low miles, I'd be out driving the wheels off it. I'd LOVE to have a Dick Harrell car but I don't think I'll ever have 100K+ laying around to own one. All you guys can keep them in the garage and keep the miles low so if I get money someday I can buy it and drive the heck out of it!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

gmmg supercars, holy **** man, that is one hell of a collection, would you grant us the wish of some pics of those cars, i would really appreciate it, **** im jealous
Old 02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
gmmg supercars, holy **** man, that is one hell of a collection, would you grant us the wish of some pics of those cars, i would really appreciate it, **** im jealous

+1. . . .WOW
Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I prefer to have something UNIQUE to me, not one of 35 or 69 or 100 other cars built.
Please describe in detail what UNIQUE car you own. This is the unique and special edition forum. Feel free to chime in............
Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Teching In

I read in an earlier post some one talked to matt at berger, and they were thinking of doing some of the gen 5 camaros when they come out. Does anyone else know if they have decided for sure to do the camaro?
Old 07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

OF COURSE they are going to do another Berger edition. Matt Murphy at GMMG has been chomping at the bit for the new car to be able to start building them again. There's already a bunch of people that want a Berger car. I'd imagine since the Camaro is the featured car for SEMA this year, GMMG will have a prototype/pre-production car there.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GG01SS
I'm still searching for a 2002 berger car. I finally got a hold of Matt Murphy today. Great guy talked with me for 10-15 minutes. I wanted to get some info on the upgrades if I find a 380 hp car. I will at least upgrade to 475hp Phase IIX. He said these cars are like family and will check everything on the car while doing the upgrades. I did ask him about the new Camaro, and he said they are speaking with Berger about making some new cars, but with the first 400hp Camaro retail price of almost $40,000. w/ Berger upgrade $50,000+. No thanks, but I hope some you current Berger guys are looking to upgrade.
I'm sure GMMG will modify some early Berger Camaro's

Quick Reply: Berger cars - mileage