Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

bone stock SS, Firehawk and WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
No offense, but I think that kind of thinking is BS. Your car isn't that rare. Yea, they may have only made xxx amount with the exact options yours has, but that normally doesn't even come into factor on resale value. My car is one of 300 and something if I remember correctly when you factor in color options, etc, but so what? I bought it to drive and to have fun with. Not to mention, you can return just about anything back to stock VERY easily. Lid, catback, headers, shifter, etc. Takes a couple hours, and doesn't take away from value whatsoever.
No offense taken. The "rarity" of the car is not the reason for me keeping it as a collectible, it's originality is. I ordered this car brand new and it has not left my possession since then. As a car collector, I can tell you that if you came across 2 identical cars at a collectors auction, the mint condition original owner "survivors" usually command a premium. If I ever have children, this WS6 will probably end up getting passed down to them when I'm gone. Even if I ever decided to sell the car, it probably wouldn't be for the next 30-40yrs. Think of it this way, the C2 and early C3 big block corvettes weren't exceedingly rare, but how much do you think an original-owner mint "survivor" with every piece of paperwork (including the original documentation and window sticker) would be worth vs. an identical run-of-the-mill "restored" one? You might be surprised at the difference.

All in all, if I want one to modify, race and go crazy with, I'll just go buy another one and play with that one. But, to each his own.

Just my .02
Old 08-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Teching In

You're car do what u want. Some people wanna pass them down to the kids, then others watch to much Barret Jackson. I just picked up a 97 T/A ws6 m6 Hardtop with 74,000 miles. I plan to drive the hell out of it when I get the blown head gasket fixed.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
No offense taken. The "rarity" of the car is not the reason for me keeping it as a collectible, it's originality is. I ordered this car brand new and it has not left my possession since then. As a car collector, I can tell you that if you came across 2 identical cars at a collectors auction, the mint condition original owner "survivors" usually command a premium. If I ever have children, this WS6 will probably end up getting passed down to them when I'm gone. Even if I ever decided to sell the car, it probably wouldn't be for the next 30-40yrs. Think of it this way, the C2 and early C3 big block corvettes weren't exceedingly rare, but how much do you think an original-owner mint "survivor" with every piece of paperwork (including the original documentation and window sticker) would be worth vs. an identical run-of-the-mill "restored" one? You might be surprised at the difference.

All in all, if I want one to modify, race and go crazy with, I'll just go buy another one and play with that one. But, to each his own.

Just my .02
I understand what your saying. I mean hell, between me, my dad, and my grandpaw, we have some pretty rare stuff. 30 Model A Tudor Deluxe Phaeton, 91 GMC Syclone, 72 El Camino SS, 69 C10 (not that rare, but you don't see to many), 51 Panhead EL, AC Cobra replica with ORIGINAL N.O.S. 427 side oiler, and several others. All I'm saying is simple stuff like a lid (takes 5 minutes and a screwdriver) is not gonna hurt collect ability whatsoever. It can be put right back to stock. Its not like welding in a cage or something. Now I will admit, I do cringe every time I see someone cut up something like a Syclone, Firehawk, or any other super rare cars like those.

Quick Reply: bone stock SS, Firehawk and WS6?