Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG Dick Harrell Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's SOM. I checked the GMVIS on the car. It was ordered SOM. The car also didn't sell new until 1/16/2006 and was originally ordered by a dealer in NY. I remember reading that Berger bought up all the remaining 02's a good while after production had ended so that they could build these Harrell cars.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Thats just as much power as a new zr1, but this is naturally aspirated!! LOL, however, its just as much as a new zr1 too. If i was rich, I'd buy both, but if i had to choose.... zr1 hands down
Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Dick Harrell Car

Originally Posted by Morpheus
It's SOM. I checked the GMVIS on the car. It was ordered SOM. The car also didn't sell new until 1/16/2006 and was originally ordered by a dealer in NY. I remember reading that Berger bought up all the remaining 02's a good while after production had ended so that they could build these Harrell cars.
That is correct. Berger and GMMG purchased all of these Camaros that were converted to Dick Harrell cars from different dealers across the nation after production had ended. Had this not happened this way, they more than likely would have been all B4C cars like the ZL1's, all hardtops and no T-Top cars and most likely they would have been all M6 cars as well.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1fastz
Thats just as much power as a new zr1, but this is naturally aspirated!! LOL, however, its just as much as a new zr1 too. If i was rich, I'd buy both, but if i had to choose.... zr1 hands down
To each their own. Just keep in mind that there is only 30 WIDE BODY Camaros out there plus the Sunoco Camaro that G.M. built. If you owned a Dick Harrell Camaro (which I would like to), you might be the only one in your state with a car like that. Heck...............here in Iowa, there is only one other 2002 ZL1 besides mine in the state...................
Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahh well by the sounds of things ,or maybe its just the way I read it all but J.D. might have a new car in his garage???? With all this talk with Matt regarding this car and the previous post, I dunno Im a little skeptical? Maybe hes just very VERY curious. Eitherway, most of us were right about the SOM and truthfully I dont really car what options the car has, its got a phase IIIx and you can get that car for 100k....now damn thats a steal!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
To each their own. Just keep in mind that there is only 30 WIDE BODY Camaros out there plus the Sunoco Camaro that G.M. built. If you owned a Dick Harrell Camaro (which I would like to), you might be the only one in your state with a car like that. Heck...............here in Iowa, there is only one other 2002 ZL1 besides mine in the state...................
JD, remember there were also (3) prototypes (DH-PR1, PR2. PR3, PR3 is owned by Dale Jr.) and one DH car numbered DH-DC?? which makes a total including GM's, 35! Still an impressively low number

I would like to some day have a DH car too, especially an SOM, one of my favorite colors.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xlerator
JD, remember there were also (3) prototypes (DH-PR1, PR2. PR3, PR3 is owned by Dale Jr.) and one DH car numbered DH-DC?? which makes a total including GM's, 35! Still an impressively low number

I would like to some day have a DH car too, especially an SOM, one of my favorite colors.
Ah..................I stand corrected................you are so right. In fact I have driven PR-1 which is the Tripoli Turquoise Dick Harrell Camaro (shown below) at the Fred Gibb show year before last. What a beautiful color. As I remember that color was only used in 1969. Hopefully I am correct on that. I'm sure if I am incorrect............someone will catch me on it. I think Ron Mowen's Dick Harrell car carried a PR number too. Am I correct on that? As I remember, Ron's car was the test mule for the project.

Last edited by 02_Phase2_ZL1; 06-10-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
Ahh well by the sounds of things ,or maybe its just the way I read it all but J.D. might have a new car in his garage???? With all this talk with Matt regarding this car and the previous post, I dunno Im a little skeptical? Maybe hes just very VERY curious. Eitherway, most of us were right about the SOM and truthfully I dont really car what options the car has, its got a phase IIIx and you can get that car for 100k....now damn thats a steal!
Nah........................I think it's a good buy but for me to buy it right now............I would either have to put a second mortgage on my home, sell my business or cash in retirement money..................so unfortunately..........it just ain't going to happen.

Jordan...................I did check the car out with Matt and I forwarded to you the email he sent me. While I would like to post it here...........I won't because it has names and other personal information that I think would be inappropriate to post on a forum such as this. Sorry guys...........
Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

J.D.- You still have two extremely nice cars that most of us would die for, so adding the DH would just add insult to injury. And no problem on the info. I know I'd like to read about it and that so would everyone else but like you said- personal stuff stays personal and it is respected. Either way, Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Teching In

I think I made a mistake, DH-DC should be DH-RC, could the "RC" stand for Race Car? If that is true, I bet it's this one:
GMMG Dick Harrell Car-40b3_3.jpg

GMMG Dick Harrell Car-3a19_3.jpg

GMMG Dick Harrell Car-2f7d_3.jpg
Old 06-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

O2 Phase2 ZL1 wrote:
Jordan...................I did check the car out with Matt and I forwarded to you the email he sent me. While I would like to post it here...........I won't because it has names and other personal information that I think would be inappropriate to post on a forum such as this. Sorry guys...........

J.D. - thanks for the email...very interesting stuff. I'm keeping an eye on the car. We'll see if anything happens with the Intimidator. So far I've gotten toooooo many requests for my bottom line. Isn't the whole purpose of an auction is to see who BIDS the most? Call me crazy, but if someone really wants the car, shouldn't they make an offer instead of asking what your lowest price is? After my last two auctions, I realize that ebay can give you grey hair!!!!

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for staying in touch.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I made a mistake, DH-DC should be DH-RC, could the "RC" stand for Race Car? If that is true, I bet it's this one:
Attachment 135587

Attachment 135588

Attachment 135589
And the pictures that you have attached are the pictures of the car that Ron Mowen who used to work at GMMG, Inc. and now works at Vengence Racing used to own. Very cool car as all of them are.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Ah..................I stand corrected................you are so right. In fact I have driven PR-1 which is the Tripoli Turquoise Dick Harrell Camaro (shown below) at the Fred Gibb show year before last. What a beautiful color. As I remember that color was only used in 1969. Hopefully I am correct on that. I'm sure if I am incorrect............someone will catch me on it. I think Ron Mowen's Dick Harrell car carried a PR number too. Am I correct on that? As I remember, Ron's car was the test mule for the project.

Actually Tripoli was a 68 color on the camaro,for 69 it was azure turquoise. A friend of mine from high school (member here) has a stunning L78 coupe in that color, as well as a GMMG Berger Hot Rod P3 vert. Ron's car was indeed the "pilot" DH and was used for the initial fitting of the GM concept QP's. It is in the largest private collection of GMMG cars now.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
Actually Tripoli was a 68 color on the camaro,for 69 it was azure turquoise. A friend of mine from high school (member here) has a stunning L78 coupe in that color, as well as a GMMG Berger Hot Rod P3 vert. Ron's car was indeed the "pilot" DH and was used for the initial fitting of the GM concept QP's. It is in the largest private collection of GMMG cars now.
Once again Mark I stand corrected................ It was a '68 color and not a '69. There is so much knowledge here among the members...... . I would love to see some pic's of Steve's L78. Might have to email him and ask him to share some with me .
Old 06-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Once again Mark I stand corrected................ It was a '68 color and not a '69. There is so much knowledge here among the members...... . I would love to see some pic's of Steve's L78. Might have to email him and ask him to share some with me .
J.D., i'll call him, it is truly an amazing car-formerly owned by Mo Carter!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

And the pictures that you have attached are the pictures of the car that Ron Mowen who used to work at GMMG, Inc. and now works at Vengence Racing used to own. Very cool car as all of them are.

The member on here "NEW" I believe his name is, from Norway now owns that same car. Hes got a video posted with the title PR-1 for the car..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AxNW...eature=related
Old 06-11-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The member on here "NEW" I believe his name is, from Norway now owns that same car. Hes got a video posted with the title PR-1 for the car..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AxNW...eature=related
No..........................I don't believe NEW (Nils Eirik W.) owns that car. I believe when he was here from Norway and visiting GMMG and he went to Ron's house and shot the video there while he was visiting Ron. At that time Ron still owned the car.

Nils has a very cool Hot Rod Magazine GMMG/Berger Camaro with a 454 in it. Mike Carahan and Ron Mowen went to Norway and did the engine swap there as I remember.

If I am wrong on any of this......................someone please feel free to correct me and set me straight.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Once again J.D. I am mistaken and Im sure you're RIGHT! What do I know anyways, I dont even own a GMMG car I did however know that NEW has the 454 in his car, I've seen the videos on youtube, and I've read the story somewhere that Mike and Ron DID do the engine swap. Oh well, I think thats the last I will comment on this thread anyways as I've always been wrong...but hey- to much false information will lead someone to believe me, right? 50/50 shot. Its what the internet is for.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Once again J.D. I am mistaken and Im sure you're RIGHT! What do I know anyways, I dont even own a GMMG car I did however know that NEW has the 454 in his car, I've seen the videos on youtube, and I've read the story somewhere that Mike and Ron DID do the engine swap. Oh well, I think thats the last I will comment on this thread anyways as I've always been wrong...but hey- to much false information will lead someone to believe me, right? 50/50 shot. Its what the internet is for.
Don't worry about it...................I have been wrong on some things too (as has been pointed out to me). That's how we all learn. I do know that in the youtube video...............that is Ron Mowen sitting in the car.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Launching!

damn,, sexiest camaro ive ever seen

but its sooo fu**ing expensive

Quick Reply: GMMG Dick Harrell Car