AIS Rear Trunk Mount Water Methanol Injection Group Buy - Ends Feb. 29th

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am VERY interested and I may be calling you in the next day or so. Since you guys just showed up on the board, run the GP a little longer, people will order this kit. ESPECIALLY at these prices.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:17 PM
AIS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94greencamaro
called and put in my order today.....so there should only need to be 3 more orders
Thank you for your order and support.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by chucklaw
Here is something else that I found on the web to help you determine the amount of Methanol in windshield wiper fluid...

+20 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 7% Methanol

0 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 23% Methanol

-10 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 28% Methanol

-20 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 35% Methanol

-25 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 38% Methanol

-50 F Washer Fluid - Contains approximately 62% Methanol
Thanks for the helpful information. Here's something I put together a while back on another thread too. Hope this helps others out.

Wind Shield Wiper Fluid Rating:

+32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 1% Methanol/99% Water
+20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 10% Methanol/90% Water
- 0 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 23% Methanol/77% Water
-10 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 20% Methanol/72% Water
-20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 33% Methanol/67% Water
-25 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 35% Methanol/65% Water
-32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 38% Methanol/62% Water
-50 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 62% Methanol/38% Water
Old 02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIS
It really depends on the application. For example if nitrous users are only activating the water methanol during a nitrous run, then our 1.5 gallon container will literally last for months.

For NA and supercharged applications it comes down to how much driving they are doing. How big of a shot they are running. What their system settings are on the water methanol injection and so many more. In the end, a typically 600 horsepower supercharged or NA application will get about 3-4 weeks of use out of one trunk mount container.

Yes you can use windshield wiper fluid. You will find many are using this because it's affordable, easy for many to locate where they live and already contains a mix of methanol and water. Now when your shopping for a windshield wiper fluid you want to first look for a temperature rating of at least negative -20 degree's. Depending on which state you live in, you may or may not have this available. Warm states such as Florida, Arizona, Texas generally don't have the right type of windshield wiper fluid available.

Now before you buy the wiper fluid and pour it into your container always check to make sure it contains methanol. If it does it will be listed on the container. Additionally, some brands contain 1-2% glycol. We have had countless customers and our selfs run this fluid without any issues. If you don't want to use a wiper fluid which contains glycol simply look up the MSDS sheet on it and check it yourself to see if it contains glycol.

Other sources for pure methanol are local speed shops and hobby shops which sell alcohol powered remote control airplanes and cars. You can also run denatured alcohol which you can purchase from Home Depot or Lowes. This is essentially ethanol with a little methanol in it to keep people from drinking it. Imagine that right!

Let me know if you have any other questions or how we can help.
Wow thats a lot longer than I thought it would last. I thought I'de have to keep a gallon of windshield washer fluid in the back of my car to fill it up a couple times a night. Now, knowing how long this stuff will last it sounds like a good way to make more power. On a cammed ls1 with a 150 shot.. if I sprayed straight methanol with the nitrous, how much more power could I produce with the same size shot?

(you may have a potential future buyer. I am a speed freak. I just need to figure out if I can fit a nitrous bottle, a methanol reserve and tubing for the cage in the hatch of the Rx7)

I live in New england and I work at a dealership so I can get any type of windshield washer fluid and as much of it as I want for free, we usually use the -20 stuff.

Last edited by sciff5; 02-27-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

all u guys need to come off u cash so that way i can buy more parts with the money i'll save!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sciff5
(you may have a potential future buyer. I am a speed freak. I just need to figure out if I can fit a nitrous bottle, a methanol reserve and tubing for the cage in the hatch of the Rx7)
I'm assuming that you have an LS1 in your RX7 since you are on the LS1TECH forums? I have an FC with an LS1. I'm sure you can make it fit. You made the LS1 fit, right? I also have nitrous, a roll bar, and (soon) a methanol reserve. But if you have an FD, I couldn't comment on that...cause I don't know how much room you have.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

I just changed my mind. Instead of the stage 1, can you put me down for a stage 2 progressive (N/A). Thanks!

Last edited by chucklaw; 02-27-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 AM
11 Second Club

I'm assuming that you have an LS1 in your RX7 since you are on the LS1TECH forums? I have an FC with an LS1. I'm sure you can make it fit. You made the LS1 fit, right? I also have nitrous, a roll bar, and (soon) a methanol reserve. But if you have an FD, I couldn't comment on that...cause I don't know how much room you have.
You got it. I have an 89 GTU with an Ls1/t56
Old 02-28-2008, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sciff5
You got it. I have an 89 GTU with an Ls1/t56
Cool, another bastard RX7. Don't put the meth kit in it, cause it will screw up the delicate balance of the RX7!

Oh, I forgot...LS1. You've already angered the Rotard Gods.

I'm doing the meth kit so that I won't have to retard the timing as much (or not at all) while I spray. That will give you more power. The meth kit by itself won't give you much power. Also, you might be able to get away with running a lower octane gas and save some money on gas. Here in Nevada, the highest octane we have is 91. I want to try and run some 89, and then run some 87 and see if I get any pinging while I drive with the meth kit. If I run the progressive kit, I can turn on the pump right before the engine starts pinging and ramp it up with more water/meth spray with more volts from the TPS. (Actually, I haven't decided yet which input I will use for the activation of the water/meth spray, but I think TPS voltage should work well.) I don't know if the lower octane will work with the nitrous. I might have to pull timing while the nitrous is activated. But saving on gas might be worth it. If it don't work, then I'll just run premium and set it to activate only on nitrous runs.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
AIS
Banned

ORDERS ARE SHIPPING!!!

Were about ready to wrap up this GP tomorrow. Before ending this GP we would like everyone to get a chance to hear about it as the discounts being offered are quite substantial for members involved. Because we have listed this GP on other forums we have already meet our required number of 6 orders on other forums. Even though we have only received 3 orders from "LS1Tech" we want to include these members orders into the GP therefor we are going to combine all the forum efforts and begin processing and shipping these orders.

One common problem we run into is members finding the GP a week or month later and still wanting us to offer them the same price. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer these same prices after the group purchase has ended. Therefor, we want everyone to get the opportunity hear about it and to join in now while the group purchase discounts still apply.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you need help choosing the right system for your application.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just placed an order! Great service Friendly and i cant wait to get my system! Thanks guys
Old 02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by DanDan
Just placed an order! Great service Friendly and i cant wait to get my system! Thanks guys
Hi Dan. Thanks for the order and support.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:53 PM
AIS
Banned

Cool, another bastard RX7. Don't put the meth kit in it, cause it will screw up the delicate balance of the RX7!

Oh, I forgot...LS1. You've already angered the Rotard Gods.

I'm doing the meth kit so that I won't have to retard the timing as much (or not at all) while I spray. That will give you more power. The meth kit by itself won't give you much power. Also, you might be able to get away with running a lower octane gas and save some money on gas. Here in Nevada, the highest octane we have is 91. I want to try and run some 89, and then run some 87 and see if I get any pinging while I drive with the meth kit. If I run the progressive kit, I can turn on the pump right before the engine starts pinging and ramp it up with more water/meth spray with more volts from the TPS. (Actually, I haven't decided yet which input I will use for the activation of the water/meth spray, but I think TPS voltage should work well.) I don't know if the lower octane will work with the nitrous. I might have to pull timing while the nitrous is activated. But saving on gas might be worth it. If it don't work, then I'll just run premium and set it to activate only on nitrous runs.
Order changed over to the Stage 2 system per your request. Lets us know if you have any other questions or how we can help.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
AIS
Banned

The Group Purchase was a success! We hope everyone enjoys their new systems. If anyone has any questions feel free to email us at info@alcoholinjectionsystems.com or call us directly at 1.801.447.2559.

Send us pictures of your cars and we'll load them on our site for others to see. We appreciate the support. ~ Rodney
Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Restricted User

will there be another gp in the future?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
Curious about this as well, i completely missed it.

Thanks...
--Mike
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 AM
AIS
Banned

Possibly later in the year. We have a special on the under the hood kits right now. Check our post for details if you haven't already.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Teching In

Yep interested as well.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Wondering if my software is in the mail yet?
Old 05-25-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Count me in on a gp if you are willing to do it within the next month!

Quick Reply: AIS Rear Trunk Mount Water Methanol Injection Group Buy - Ends Feb. 29th