Kee Audio Holiday Specials!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys!! I'm back from having surgery. I had to have 2 discs removed from my lower back so I've been a bit incapacitated to say the least. I have hired a very close friend of mine to handle my orders for the time being and we are working hard to get orders out as fast as possible!
These packages were designed to work with the stock Monsoon system but still be viable with an aftermarket amp. The standard package can handle some good power from stock to a moderately powered aftermarket amp in the 110W RMS range.
If you were looking for more power handling then I do have the full CDT upgrade that has the upgraded CDT CL-E61CV components, CL-6's in the sail panels, and the CL-4X coaxials for the hatch area...all for $349.00 which is a sick price considering the component door speakers in this set are normally $229.00 by themselves.
I have several very nice 4, 5 and 6 channel amps in various price ranges that can power these systems if your really wanting to ditch the Monsoon completely.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Banned

Please check out the newest additions to the Holiday special as CDT has just authorized a HUGE 50% discount on some of their highest end speakers they make which are normally in the $1000.00 range. If you've ever dreamed of owning or knowing what a high end $1000.00 set of high definition component speakers sound like....this is your chance!!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you plan on running a special on your stealth boxes?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Are these 4th gen replacement speaks all completely plug'n'play? No cutting wires, no splitting wires between the tweeter and the mid's, etc? Are they heavier than stock speakers?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimMueller
Are these 4th gen replacement speaks all completely plug'n'play? No cutting wires, no splitting wires between the tweeter and the mid's, etc? Are they heavier than stock speakers?
These replace the stock speakers and you simply reuse your stock connectors from your stock speakers and attach them to the new ones. This allows you to plug back into the stock harness without cutting into it.
For your Camaro the CL-61CV's that come with this set are perfect because you do not have to cut the new speakers tweeter wires. They are a component set that have provisions to be mounted coaxially like your stock speakers. The seperate tweeter wires simply run through the back of the magnet and out the back so you can use your stock connector. Your stock Camaro door speaker connector has 4 wires (2 pairs) one pair for the tweeter and one pair for the midbass. The CL-61CV wires exactly like this. I've used these extensively for that application specifically because of this design.
Materials are superior to stock so you won't have to be replacing these any time soon. Physically they are not heavier but they are much better quality then stock and handle way more power then the Monsoon or even a small aftermarket amp could push to them.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RallyBoy
Do you plan on running a special on your stealth boxes?
Sorry, not at this time. For the fiberglass enclosures I'm already underpriced on them as it is for a custom made piece.
For the record I won't be fabricating anything until after the first of the year to give my back sometime to heal. I've actually had to hire a close friend to ship out my orders right now due to my limited mobility.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Launching!

I was trying to compare the premium package to the regular one and couldn't find a direct match for the model numbers listed here and the numbers listed on your web site.

I know they both come with the CDT CL E61CU's and I saw all the other speakers in the regular package. Just not the other two speaker sets for the premium sets. Thanx

Could you post the last two speaker set-ups that come with the premium package?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Banned

Here's the link to them on the site:
http://www.keeaudio.com/id79.html

The 2 packages have different door speakers in addition to the rest of the package. The standard package has the CDT CL-61CV and the premium package has the CDT CL-E61CV. Just wanted to point out that the the model is CV not CU as well so you would have trouble finding it on the net. The E61 is an upgrade from the standard 61. The E61 has a cast frame, larger magnet, and larger voice coil. The 61 is more geared toward stock application and the E61 is more for if you were wanting to get a powerful aftermarket amp to push them later down the line or something along those lines.
The CV stands for convertable....not a drop top car in this case, but means that it is a component set of speakers that can convert to a coaxial with the supplied hardware. This way it can work perfectly with both the Firebird and the Camaro applications for the doors since both cars have different speakers but are wired very similarly.
Hope this helped you a bit!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO

The 2 packages have different door speakers in addition to the rest of the package. The standard package has the CDT CL-61CV and the premium package has the CDT CL-E61CV. Just wanted to point out that the the model is CV not CU as well so you would have trouble finding it on the net. The E61 is an upgrade from the standard 61. The E61 has a cast frame, larger magnet, and larger voice coil. The 61 is more geared toward stock application and the E61 is more for if you were wanting to get a powerful aftermarket amp to push them later down the line or something along those lines.
The CV stands for convertable....not a drop top car in this case, but means that it is a component set of speakers that can convert to a coaxial with the supplied hardware. This way it can work perfectly with both the Firebird and the Camaro applications for the doors since both cars have different speakers but are wired very similarly.
Ian,

I have a 2001 Trans Am and I have a blown sail-panel sub. I'm looking seriously at your premium speaker package and I had some questions.

1. Do the door speakers sound as good throughout the full volume range as the stock speakers? While I'm sure they sound great at high volumes, do they sound good at lower volumes due to the different ohm rating?

2. Which sail-panel subs work best with the stock system? Are the CDT's harder to wire than the Bazooka's? Will I notice a difference over the factory sail-panel subs? Or, will I need an amp to "feel" anything different?

3. Do I need an aftermarket amp to get the most out of these speakers? Do you have an amp that replaces the factory Monsoon and powers the doors, sail-panels, and hatch speakers? Is it hard to adjust the volumes to each speaker?

Lastly, if I bought just the subs, could I have a "credit" towards the rest of the 4th premium package later if I chose to replace all speakers? (just thought I'd ask!). Thanks, Ian.

Brian
Old 12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello.......
Old 01-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO

Yes, this helped a bit. I was hopeing you could post a link to each speacker direct. I'm wanted to see them on your website to read about them a bit.

2.) CDT CL-6 midwoofer drivers (sail panels)
3.) CDT CL-4EX coaxials (rear hatch)

These are the speakers I couldn't find on your website. Thanx
Old 01-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Oh, I also might add that I'm going to run the speakers through a pioneer 980BT with a 250watt rms alpine amp. Thanx

Quick Reply: Kee Audio Holiday Specials!!!!