Sponsors, Care to show me how to build an LS1 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003 | 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Sponsors, Care to show me how to build an LS1 motor?

After I take Step I of my United States Medical Licensure Examination I'll have a month off in July. During this time period I was curious if one of the sponsors could teach me how to build an LS1 while they were doing it. Is this feasible for any of the sponsors? I prefer Thunder Racing if that is possible
Old 10-22-2003 | 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Sponsors, Care to show me how to build an LS1 motor?

PS, I have no affiliation with any shops nor do I EVER plan to setup shop on my own. I'm in medical school and have no time to pursue anything of the sort.

I want the knowledge for personal gratification. It's a goal I've always wanted to achieve, the ability to assemble a motor. Why not start on the best motors out there
Old 10-22-2003 | 01:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

School of Automotive Machinists is about to become a Sponsor. After Med School, take a few courses here in Houston at SAM

Or, you could just buy a spare LS1 engine, an engine stand, some service manuals, and tinker with the engine and learn on your own. These engines are simple to work on and rebuild.

Tony
Old 10-22-2003 | 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

School of Automotive Machinists is about to become a Sponsor. After Med School, take a few courses here in Houston at SAM

Or, you could just buy a spare LS1 engine, an engine stand, some service manuals, and tinker with the engine and learn on your own. These engines are simple to work on and rebuild.

Tony
Actually, I'm thinking of applying for a residency at Baylor University in Houston after I graduate

I have all the service manuals, etc. I guess I could thumb through those first. I can do about anything else to a motor/car.

I'd love to attend SAM
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:16 PM
Banned

Levi, Jason said he spoke with you about observing, and didn't think it would be a problem. July is still a long ways away

Angie

Oh, it might not be too bad to have a Dr. sitting next to Jason at all times anyways- we had to move his tool box next to the BIG first aid kit in the shop(You know, the one that you can do emergency surgery from if needed.) Let's just say that Jason's not the least accident prone guy we have around :p

Old 10-22-2003 | 09:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Oh, it might not be too bad to have a Dr. sitting next to Jason at all times anyways- we had to move his tool box next to the BIG first aid kit in the shop(You know, the one that you can do emergency surgery from if needed.) Let's just say that Jason's not the least accident prone guy we have around :p

Jason has been

Old 10-23-2003 | 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Jason is the "Thunder Clutz!" HAHA!
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:58 PM
I can shift faster than you.

LOL Angie! :p The First Aid box has not been used in over two weeks.

Jason
Old 10-25-2003 | 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

It's just like anything else, just take it apart and see how it works!! If you have some parts left over after you put it back together that's just weight savings!!