FS: PowerStop Zinc Plated Blank Rotors and Brake Pads!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 96 WS6 with C4 13" rotors up front and stock LT1 rear rotors in back. Do you have these in stock and would this be part of the special? If so, how much would that cost?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm sent
Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rob
I have a 96 WS6 with C4 13" rotors up front and stock LT1 rear rotors in back. Do you have these in stock and would this be part of the special? If so, how much would that cost?
Yes I can do this, it will take me a day to get the blanks in stock but i can do it for te same price as the C5/Fbody rear combo.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Teching In

I just recieved my order and am not very happy. my zinc coating is missing on both front rotors on spots. Both of my rear rotos are two different designs and i also did not receive my brake pads. you have a P.M.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Launching!

can i have please front and rear ceramic pads for (99 mustang cobra)?

cost with shipping to 10016 please

please pm me
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received everything in a very timely manner, and all parts are great as described. Just an FYI to those who have never tried new zinc blank rotors: The coating which comes into contact with the pads will wear off almost immediately. During that time, the coating tends to clump together in random spots before fully burning off. You will hear and feel some roughness initially. DO NOT PANIC. Perform a few more moderate/hard stops from 50mph to 5mph every 1/2 mile or so and it will smoothen out. I did two cars this weekend and both reacted like this. The brakes so far work excellent! Thanks again!!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Jerron03
I just recieved my order and am not very happy. my zinc coating is missing on both front rotors on spots. Both of my rear rotos are two different designs and i also did not receive my brake pads. you have a P.M.
Got your PM and replied to the issue.

Originally Posted by eminem1833
can i have please front and rear ceramic pads for (99 mustang cobra)?

cost with shipping to 10016 please

please pm me
Will PM you as soon as i am done posting this.

Originally Posted by Rhedalert
Received everything in a very timely manner, and all parts are great as described. Just an FYI to those who have never tried new zinc blank rotors: The coating which comes into contact with the pads will wear off almost immediately. During that time, the coating tends to clump together in random spots before fully burning off. You will hear and feel some roughness initially. DO NOT PANIC. Perform a few more moderate/hard stops from 50mph to 5mph every 1/2 mile or so and it will smoothen out. I did two cars this weekend and both reacted like this. The brakes so far work excellent! Thanks again!!
Thanks for bringing that up as it is true. The zinc plating on the contact surface will ware off with in the first few stops. The plating on the edges and hat of the rotor where the rust commonly builds up however remains on the rotor.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will probably be calling today and get an order in for my LT1! By the way is there break in instructions for these pads and rotors? I ask because I know different pads have different break in periods or instructions.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

How big are these brakes? My stock brakes on my Z28 are sketchy, and how much for slotted rotors instead? Please pm me, money ready! I need new brakes badly..
Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

what's the difference between the two stated brake pads?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Please PM me a price for just C5 front rotor and pad. I might order an extra set of front pad for F-body. Also like to know the difference between two pads. Which one for street use?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received my fronts around noonish Saturday before leaving for work at 2pm and when i got home the rears were sitting on the door step for me. not sure why Fedex made 2 trips but Im very happy with the quality and service. Jim and brakemotive were great to deal with!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by porksoda
I will probably be calling today and get an order in for my LT1! By the way is there break in instructions for these pads and rotors? I ask because I know different pads have different break in periods or instructions.
Give me a call whenever, if i do not answer leave a message and I will call you back. I am sorry i have been having some cell phone issues the last few days and for some reason do not seem to be getting all of my calls. If you leave a message i will get back to you!

Originally Posted by DobsZ28
How big are these brakes? My stock brakes on my Z28 are sketchy, and how much for slotted rotors instead? Please pm me, money ready! I need new brakes badly..
These brakes are direct OEM replacement.

Originally Posted by LS1Tuner_06
what's the difference between the two stated brake pads?
Z16 Evolution Ceramic is a good dust free, quiet, performance street pad. They are a little more aggressive than the factory pads but still give all the benefits of a ceramic.

The PM18 is an entry level street performance pad, similar performance gains as the Z16 but they are metallic and can handle a bit more heat, but they also give off more dust.

Originally Posted by darknessxyz
Please PM me a price for just C5 front rotor and pad. I might order an extra set of front pad for F-body. Also like to know the difference between two pads. Which one for street use?
PMing you in just a second.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

What about breaking them in? What instructions do you have for getting everything seated correctly?

Also if I buy a set for my LT1 they will be zinc coated right?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

HAHA nevermind. I just read my post on the 1st page in this thread and I already asked and you already confirmed they would be zinc coated.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

U got mail.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
FormerVendor

What about breaking them in? What instructions do you have for getting everything seated correctly?

Also if I buy a set for my LT1 they will be zinc coated right?
HAHA nevermind. I just read my post on the 1st page in this thread and I already asked and you already confirmed they would be zinc coated.
Basically what was explained earlier in this thread was correct. PowerStop includes some basic brake in instructions. And Again yes they are Zinc plated.

Originally Posted by CharlieSS
U got mail.
All PM's replied but I think we spoke on the phone...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

Got a great deal on rotors and some brakes for my other cars. Thanks for the sweet deal.

Last edited by CharlieSS; 04-29-2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: mispelled
Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CharlieSS
Got a great deal on rotors and some brakes for my other cars. Thanks for the sweet deal.
Your parts are shipping today, Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Jim, great product and great service. Only thing, I got the wrong size rotors for the rear. What do I need to do? I've never returned a product before, so this is new to me. Only reason why I'm writing to you on here instead of calling is because I keep getting that recording. So, if you could call me and let me know what I need to do, I would appreciate it. Thanks. My # is {318} 549-4918. And again, great product and great service.

Quick Reply: FS: PowerStop Zinc Plated Blank Rotors and Brake Pads!