SRP Racing Pedals - 20% off

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
Couple questions

First, do these include mounting hardware? I ask cause from the pictures the porsche has nice looking fasteners while in the Firebird, it has just screws.

And do these include any templates so we know where to drilll?

Thanks

All the hardware is included. The Porsche sets and the Fbody sets get the same hardware. If you look again at the pictures you'll see this. The brake and clutches use allen head machine screws. The gas and footrests use philips head self tapping type screws. They are all stainless steel. I tried to find self tapping screws with allen heads but they don't make them. Once installed you don't notice the difference unless you're looking.

You don't need templates to install. On the gas and footrest you just position where it fits the best and screw it on with the self tapping screws (best to drill a pilot hole first). On the brake and clutch you position the pedal where you want it, make sure there is room in back for the nut, and drill and bolt it on. Our Satin pedals have holes in them that will definately work. I try to put the holes in these same places when I set up the Grid and Block pedals so that I know there will be good mounting points. On the Grid pedals there are probably lots of good holes that can be used.

Also, when drilling the holes, do remove the aluminum covers so that if you slip or your bit breaks you won't gauge or scratch the new aluminum pedal. Putting them on is very simple, it typically takes 30 minutes to 1 hour. The most important step is having good drill bits.

Brian

Old 05-14-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in either the grid or satin, and too bad about there being no self tapping allen screws, they look much cleaner. How long will the sale be going on?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:52 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in either the grid or satin, and too bad about there being no self tapping allen screws, they look much cleaner. How long will the sale be going on?
It's been a few years since I looked. Maybe it's time to search for them again.

I'm going to run the sale for as long as we're a sponsor here. I can't recall the exact dates, but it's probably another month and a half or so.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

im digging the looks of the pedals but i thought one of the main reasons for these is to make the pedals more flush with each other for the heal-to-toe method? your adding to all the stock pedals isn't that just going to raise them all or does each peddle vary in thickness?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
im digging the looks of the pedals but i thought one of the main reasons for these is to make the pedals more flush with each other for the heal-to-toe method? your adding to all the stock pedals isn't that just going to raise them all or does each peddle vary in thickness?
They are all the same thickness. The thickness of the pedals is not enough to notice, in other words, you won't feel like the pedals are too close all of a sudden after installing them.

Once you've installed them, then you can fine tune the height relationship between the pedals for improved heel toe. You remove the aluminum pedal, put in some spacers (I use flat washers), and then bolt the pedal back on. On every car I've owned my brake pedal needed to be raised relative to the gas pedal. Everyone is different. Some people might need there gas pedal raised up. This method allows you to really fine tune things down there.

Brian
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Fbody Grid Black/Silver.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for shining some light. also, do the pedals come with screws that will fit the holes? also, ive never adjusted the pedals before (my gas peddle needs to be moved up) do you know what i could do?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
thanks for shining some light. also, do the pedals come with screws that will fit the holes? also, ive never adjusted the pedals before (my gas peddle needs to be moved up) do you know what i could do?
The pedals come with the hardware needed for install. To raise the gas pedal you can put some flat washers between the factory pedal and the new aluminum pedal. You can probably get a couple washers in there with the screws provided. If you need more you might need to get longer screws. This method is real easy and safe to fine tune the height relationship betweent the gas and brake.

Brian
Old 05-25-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read on the site that the black can eventually come off? How long does it stay on typically? If I get them in just a regular finish they don't rust or anything right? I def. want a set I'm just figuring out really on the black or not, I'm def. gonna get the grid.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camar0corey
I read on the site that the black can eventually come off? How long does it stay on typically? If I get them in just a regular finish they don't rust or anything right? I def. want a set I'm just figuring out really on the black or not, I'm def. gonna get the grid.
I've avoided doing any coatings on the pedals for years due to concerns over wear. Enough people asked for black pedals that I finally gave in. We just started doing them with the black anodizing, so I don't have an answer as to how long before the black wears off. The anodizing is harder than the aluminum itself, so it should take quite some time.

The uncoated aluminum does just fine. Being aluminum you don't get rust. You will get wear over time, it's just the nature of the part.

I am hoping the black lasts a long time, I just like to be upfront about things so that no one feels misled.

Brian
Old 05-26-2009, 05:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the info, ordered a set of grid in black!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Not Fbody, but fun track/pedal pictures anyway.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Just two more questions. I know it said if getting the black they needed to be done in batches, so curious when the next batch is going out? Also will I get a email letting me know when the pedals have shipped? Thanks, I can't wait to try them out!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Just two more questions. I know it said if getting the black they needed to be done in batches, so curious when the next batch is going out? Also will I get a email letting me know when the pedals have shipped? Thanks, I can't wait to try them out!
The next batch is going out tomorrow (Tuesday) to the anodizer and should be back the following Tuesday, give or take. I'm telling people to expect 2-3 weeks on these black pedals, but I'm trying to get them out of here faster than that.

You will get a tracking number when they are ready to ship.

Brian

ps - thank you for the order
Old 06-06-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pedalpusher

After looking at the pictures again, I am noticing varying amount of holes in the brake and clutch pedals(above). If I ordered the pyramidal grid pedals, is it possible to get them with the hole pattern like on the anodized black pedals above?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
FormerVendor

After looking at the pictures again, I am noticing varying amount of holes in the brake and clutch pedals(above). If I ordered the pyramidal grid pedals, is it possible to get them with the hole pattern like on the anodized black pedals above?
Sorry for the confusion. The Grid Black picture is actually Porsche 997 pedals. The other Grid picture is Fbody. The Fbody brake and clutch is quite a bit larger than the 997's.

Brian
Old 06-07-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Hey Brian...

Check out these guys for self-tapping screws:

http://www.totallystainless.com/

I replaced nearly every nut and bolt on my car with stainless from them. While I don't think the phillips screws are bad, if you're looking for other ides, these guys will have them.

Best of all...they're dirt cheap!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
Hey Brian...

Check out these guys for self-tapping screws:

http://www.totallystainless.com/

I replaced nearly every nut and bolt on my car with stainless from them. While I don't think the phillips screws are bad, if you're looking for other ides, these guys will have them.

Best of all...they're dirt cheap!
Thank you for the link. They have an online PDF catalog I checked out. It looks like they only offer the self tappers (sheet metal screws) in phillips head.

Thank you,
Brian
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys ever think of etching in "WS.6" or "SS" or anything along those lines into the pedals? I think that would be a unique pedal
Old 06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
You guys ever think of etching in "WS.6" or "SS" or anything along those lines into the pedals? I think that would be a unique pedal
Many years ago we did just that. However, the "Man" didn't like it so we stopped. You still see pictures of them floating around occasionally.

Brian

Quick Reply: SRP Racing Pedals - 20% off