Horsepower Engineering C5R project

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Horsepower Engineering C5R project

This is a long shot, but we were in preparation to do a C5R build for one of our clients. As of this afternoon they decided to get out of racing, and sold their car. If anybody is interested in taking over this project, we would be willing to work out some terms, as this was going to be a shop sponsored car. The person doing this has to meet the following criteria..

1. Be a dedicated racer that follows the LS1tech circuit (or others)
2. Be a fairly prominate board member
3. Have a car able to pull at least 1.3x 60 fts
4. Have at least 30k at their disposal

If you feel you are capable of undertaking a project of this nature, and are interested in being the fastest C5R car in the nation. Please let me know.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

I'm curious but where does the sponsorship come in? Your asking the willing participant to have available $30,000 I would assume is for the motor build up?

I can't see the benefits. Just my opion.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool

Have # 1 and #3 right now... would have #2 if I had an engine like that, I'm sure of it... but I don’t have # 4...

Anyone want to loan me about 25 Grand????

Seriously, best of luck finding someone. This sounds like a good opportunity for someone. I know I'd love to have something like that in one of my cars. Who knows, maybe one day...
Old 02-04-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gofast
I'm curious but where does the sponsorship come in? Your asking the willing participant to have available $30,000 I would assume is for the motor build up?

I'd rather talk to you about this in the form of a pm or email, but since some people may have the same questions, here is basically what we do....

The sponsored customer pays for parts at a given percentage above cost, and receives free labor.

In return they run our decals on their car, and promote our business in other forms of advertising.

The reason this still seems so expensive to you is because we are dealing with a C5R here, and not an LS1. The block alone costs 6k dollars.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gofast

Ditto

But good luck anyways

Quick Reply: Horsepower Engineering C5R project