Introducing Texas Speed's Rumbler Cat-Back Exhaust System!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004 | 02:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Default Introducing Texas Speed's Rumbler Cat-Back Exhaust System!

We're proud to introduce the new Texas Speed & Performance Rumbler cat-back exhaust system! We've talked to SO many customers that were wanting a complete cat-back exhaust system that had a great sound to it but did not have the horrible drone and resonance after headers and an off-road y-pipe were added. The 3" bullet mufflers have become well-known for producing excellent flow, an awesome rumble, and little to no rasp with an off-road system. Our cat-back exhaust features a 3" bullet muffler that is 18" long and placed in the intermediate pipe. The long muffler, along with it being located close to the y-pipe, allow for a clean, aggressive sound without the horrible resonance. Besides being one of the best-sound and highest-flowing systems on the market, it is also lighter than a stock system! It is offered as a 100% bolt-together system that does not require any welding! All of the exhaust pipe is aluminized steel and mandrel-bent, so you will not have the crimped bends to hinder exhaust flow.

The Rumbler systems will be ready to ship starting next week! They will initially be offered at an introductory price without exhaust tips for $224.95 and with the smoked Ractive oval exhaust tips for $299.95. Below you will find a dyno graph on a '99 Trans Am M6 with the only mod being a TSP induction lid, along with install pictures.

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 02-05-2004 | 02:47 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Niiiiice!!! Great looking tips too!
Old 02-05-2004 | 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy Smokes Jason! You guys are gonna sell a ton of these!!! I've heard a few local guys that have that setup and it sounds great.

You wanna know another angle on the catback? Weigh that system with the tips and weigh a stock catback. Bet it's several pounds lighter. Gain hp and loose weight with the cat back. Way to go!
Old 02-05-2004 | 04:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Smoke_ur_5.0
Holy Smokes Jason! You guys are gonna sell a ton of these!!! I've heard a few local guys that have that setup and it sounds great.

You wanna know another angle on the catback? Weigh that system with the tips and weigh a stock catback. Bet it's several pounds lighter. Gain hp and loose weight with the cat back. Way to go!
How many would you like Mark?

Trevor
Old 02-05-2004 | 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

I'm the owner of the Trans Am this catback was tested on, and I must say, I love this catback. The sound of it is incredible and just keeps getting better. Its not too loud, not too quiet. Its just right there at a tolerable level, but when u want someone to notice you, she will surely get the job done. If you couldnt tell, the catback picked up an amazing 13rw on my LS1. The tips i went with have to be seen in person to be appreciated. The black chrome effect is awesome. I have not heard a catback sound so deep and throaty on an LS1 as this. There is no rasp at all, and with the design/location of the muffler, it should sound great on ORY Pipes as well. I may try and get an in car video for sound clips, if I can. Not promising anything tho.

All in all, I am 110% pleased with this catback. With its affordability, killer sound, great design, and very impressive performance gains, it is sure to be a good investment for your LS1.

Also, I would like to thank everyone at Texas Speed.

- Beau
Old 02-05-2004 | 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Pics don't work.....
Old 02-06-2004 | 08:30 AM
TECH Veteran

yeah, still cant see them either getting an HTTP error 404

Edit: oh, DUH, maybe i can just go to your web link to the right and just click on Exhaust
Old 02-06-2004 | 08:48 AM
Motorboater

I'm curious to see the pics but don't see anything on your site about it.

never seen black chrome tips, wanted to take a gander at them.
Old 02-06-2004 | 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

How about now, we had to move servers
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:02 AM
TECH Veteran

i see it, i see it

Edit: 2nd link doesnt work still
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

We need a video clip. How would you say this would compare in sound to a Dynomouth system?
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

i have had that exact system (i might be one of the locals mark was talking about) and i loved it. my favorite catback esp on a stock manifold car i have ever heard. nice and deep. you will sell a ton of these at those prices! MUCH better than the junk slp sells.
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

How does it sound compared to the LM? At idle, cruising, and WOT? Looks like a great product.
Old 02-06-2004 | 10:53 AM
Motorboater

now i can see it..pretty cool looking. so it comes with the clamps and all that to put it together with or are those extra?
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

I got to hear and see this exhaust last night, and all I can say is WOW

Sound is PERFECT and looks too

I can help out with some sound clips if you guys want
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

TSP,
Looks great and great timing for me as im revising my exhaust set up. First, can one be made with 3 1/2 or 4" diameter? Second, can i see a closer up picture of the exhaust tips. Im trying to see how this style of tip will look on a Camaro for one. I think the black will look good though for my Hugger Orange and Black Camaro. I was about to upgrade to a better Y pipe then my Hooker one for my New 387. I was thinking of the QTP ypipe ready for a mufflex, but i bet this one flows just as well as the larger diameter systems??
Old 02-06-2004 | 12:59 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

The sound is much deeper with little to no rasp compared to a Loud Mouth system. We had a customer with heads/cam, LT headers, OR y-pipe, and a Loud Mouth, and it was LOUD! The resonance was horrible. This system flows excellent and has an incredible sound! It will be a complete bolt-on system that will come with all of the necessary clamps, so nothing else will be needed. If you've ever seen into a bullet muffler, you know that it's a straight-through design with no restrictions whatsoever! It is only offered as a 3" system as of now. We are not looking into a larger diameter system at this time, but it's never out of the question. IF that does happen, it will be quite a while down the road.

We will try to get some sound clips up of this system shortly.

Matt
Texas Speed & Performance

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-06-2004 | 03:03 PM
On The Tree

wow! do you just sell the tips seperately, and in the same size as the mecham tips? Also, anyone want to buy my borla???? looks great, always wanted to try out TSP products.
Old 02-06-2004 | 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Not A V8
The sound is much deeper with little to no rasp compared to a Loud Mouth system. We had a customer with heads/cam, LT headers, OR y-pipe, and a Loud Mouth, and it was LOUD! The resonance was horrible. This system flows excellent and has an incredible sound! It will be a complete bolt-on system that will come with all of the necessary clamps, so nothing else will be needed. If you've ever seen into a bullet muffler, you know that it's a straight-through design with no restrictions whatsoever! It is only offered as a 3" system as of now. We are not looking into a larger diameter system at this time, but it's never out of the question. IF that does happen, it will be quite a while down the road.

We will try to get some sound clips up of this system shortly.

Matt
Texas Speed & Performance

Besides the tips what is the difference between your exhaust and a Loudmouth system with the resonator replaced with a Dynomax 18" bullet?
Old 02-06-2004 | 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by maddboost
Besides the tips what is the difference between your exhaust and a Loudmouth system with the resonator replaced with a Dynomax 18" bullet?
The bullet muffler is placed very close to the y.

Quick Reply: Introducing Texas Speed's Rumbler Cat-Back Exhaust System!