TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6Cutie
Update PLEASE
Ummm....what she said...
Old 06-03-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

just called gmmg for the 3rd time today....and struck out for the third time. haven't returned any calls yet....oh well. hopefully the ball starts rollin here soon...cuz if it doesn't then i fear this may die out. with so much customer support for this GP you'd think they'd be eager to get this goin or something....
Old 06-03-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
just called gmmg for the 3rd time today....and struck out for the third time. haven't returned any calls yet....oh well. hopefully the ball starts rollin here soon...cuz if it doesn't then i fear this may die out. with so much customer support for this GP you'd think they'd be eager to get this goin or something....
Do we even know if GMMG knows of this and/or approves of it? Not trying to flame or start anything, but the guy who started this post only has 7 total posts, most of them in this thread I think. For as long as this has gone unanswered, it seems that someone has either dropped the ball BIG TIME or this was never legit to begin with. Just a thought..................
Old 06-03-2004, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

rottluver, check posts #52, 53, and #101...that should dispell any doubt you may have in this GP.....
Old 06-03-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
rottluver, check posts #52, 53, and #101...that should dispell any doubt you may have in this GP.....
It gives me more faith, but why the long delay I wonder?????
Old 06-03-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's never gonna happen, might as well give up. How that for positive
Old 06-03-2004, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but even more so pissed if they leave us hanging...
Old 06-03-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, an update would be appreciated
Old 06-03-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

I got an idea. If the people who are interested, if most or even some of us call GMMG, one of us is bound to get a hold of them. If one of us does, just post up what we find out. I figure someone will get through. Sound good? Anyone?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Teching In

I would be interested if the price came down to around $600 shipped.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

I got a better idea. How about we all just leave them alone for a couple days? They already said that they have been busy dealing with stuff. They will get around to this GP as soon as they are able. Harassing them will not help things. They don't owe us anything and they are doing us a favor by even considering to do this GP.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bud794
I got a better idea. How about we all just leave them alone for a couple days? They already said that they have been busy dealing with stuff. They will get around to this GP as soon as they are able. Harassing them will not help things. They don't owe us anything and they are doing us a favor by even considering to do this GP.
You have an excellent point, BUT, if I don't hear something in the near future, they will lose this customer. I already have a really nice (in MY opinion, which is the only one that counts about MY car) aftermarket exhaust setup, so I do not need this GP.

Yes they are doing us a "favor" by lowering the price, but in doing so, they are guaranteeing themselves a MINIMUM of $15,000 in orders (25 orders x $600 each). So it isn't like they are hurting by giving us this GP. I cannot think of another shot where they, or any other business gets a guarantee like that. If they didn't offer the GP, how many of us would be rushing to scrape together the $600+ needed for each individual system? Probably not that many.

I know that my $600 can go to suspension (shocks/springs) just as fast as it can to a new, different exhaust.........just something else to ponder.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:31 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRodder
I would be interested if the price came down to around $600 shipped.
Read the thread. That's what the price is supposed to be.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Ok for one the gp has been apporved by gmmg its a go for sure i just dont know when they are going to officially post it. Maybe the mods of this board are not allowing them to? I tried calling them yesterday and they were closed so i will try today. I realize they are busy but it will also take a while to get all the orders in before the system ship so we need to get this going. I will see what i can do since im the person who contacted them with this idea. It has be ok'ed at 600 but i told them that they need to post an official thread about what dates it will run through. So if you guys have any question ill be happy to try to help and answer them.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 06-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Depending on price i might be able to get in on this too.. I would love to have the gmmg setup.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Can anyone tell me, in an unbiased way, what the big difference is between the GMMG and the SLP LoudMouth exhaust setups are please? I am still interested in this GP, but I want to know what the differences would be. I am not necessarily looking for more hp, although that wouldn't suck, I just want to know what the differences are. Benefits, detractors, etc.

TIA,
Darrin
Old 06-04-2004, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I heard the LM is VERY raspy, especially with headers and ever worse with an ORY, I have heard VERY FEW good things about how it sounds (Have yet to hear something bad about GMMG). I personally would never get the loudmouth.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WS6Cutie
I heard the LM is VERY raspy, especially with headers and ever worse with an ORY, I have heard VERY FEW good things about how it sounds (Have yet to hear something bad about GMMG). I personally would never get the loudmouth.
Thanks Rachael, as you know I HAVE the LM system now, with the SLP Larger diameter Y-pipe and it is a very unique sound. I actually like it a lot, but it can get to be bothersome (drone) on the freeway after a while. My ex g/f, who had slight hearing promlems, couldn't hear sh*t in my car when we would take it. Made for a great reason to drive mine with her around LOL My neighbors ALWAYS know when I am coming and/or going.......

I wouldn't get an ORY, but I am going to be getting headers when I move to Seattle later this year. I have NO idea what it would/will sound like then. I really do like the sound of my LM, but I have a buddy with a 2002 'Hawk w/ the GMMG and we are getting together this weekend, so I will have to check his out to see the diff and if I like the sound.........

Any other opinions are welcomed.

TIA,
Darrin

Quick Reply: GMMG Group Purchase