GMMG Group Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rott-

I have LM myself too. It sounds good....for a while. I have heard GMMG in person on a stock manifolds/cats car like mine, and the difference is night and day. The hollow drony noise of LM, the rasp, and the unrefined sound are all gone in GMMG. GMMG is a DEEP muscle sound throughout the powerband. LM does sound great, but it sounds untuned and raw at the high RPMS. Grant it, it is very wicked, but GMMG puts it to shame. At the high RPMS GMMG is wicked as hell, but a lot deeper than LM. GMMG is just bad ***. IMO, with LT's and Cats, it sounds better than most true dual set-ups I have heard.

Also, LM is just a straight back, no muffler exhaust. The resonator is just a 15"x 4" bulge, nothing more. It has nothing inside it. GMMG uses two chambered mufflers, and thats where the sound comes from. Switching from LM to GMMG, you will lose such a small amount of HP, like 3. The sound is worth it. Hope this helps. Also, this is coming from an unbiased opinion, as I have LM.

Justin
Old 06-04-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Rott-

I have LM myself too. It sounds good....for a while. I have heard GMMG in person on a stock manifolds/cats car like mine, and the difference is night and day. The hollow drony noise of LM, the rasp, and the unrefined sound are all gone in GMMG. GMMG is a DEEP muscle sound throughout the powerband. LM does sound great, but it sounds untuned and raw at the high RPMS. Grant it, it is very wicked, but GMMG puts it to shame. At the high RPMS GMMG is wicked as hell, but a lot deeper than LM. GMMG is just bad ***. IMO, with LT's and Cats, it sounds better than most true dual set-ups I have heard.

Also, LM is just a straight back, no muffler exhaust. The resonator is just a 15"x 4" bulge, nothing more. It has nothing inside it. GMMG uses two chambered mufflers, and thats where the sound comes from. Switching from LM to GMMG, you will lose such a small amount of HP, like 3. The sound is worth it. Hope this helps. Also, this is coming from an unbiased opinion, as I have LM.

Justin
Thanks Justin,

Your response was EXACTLY the kind of thing I was looking for. I appreciate the info and after I take a ride in my friend's GMMG equipped car, I am sure I will be sold...................thanks again.

Darrin
Old 06-04-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Rottluver I had LM on my stock manifold/cats A4, and I loved it. However as soon as I heard it on a LT/catted y car...and it sounded like ****. Haven't heard a single bad thing about GMMG. Now my new baby gets GMMG....not wasting my time with LM this round.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

Another update-less day drifting by....
Old 06-04-2004, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Put a fork in it. Thing thing is done.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Cyphur
Old 06-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

I have been watching this forever....I guess I should have chimed in to be further up the list........or does it go by payment recieved????

Anyways count me in if it happens within this week or so....Otherwise the Hawks exhaust system will have to wait becuase the Z06 needs mods too...... Its hard splitting mods between two cars

Shawn
Old 06-05-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by smacz28
I have been watching this forever....I guess I should have chimed in to be further up the list........or does it go by payment recieved????

Anyways count me in if it happens within this week or so....Otherwise the Hawks exhaust system will have to wait becuase the Z06 needs mods too...... Its hard splitting mods between two cars

Shawn
I had the same "problem" when I had both my WS6's. Solved it by selling one. Of course, I wouldn't suggest doing that with your situation..........
Old 06-05-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by smacz28

Shawn

It goes by payment received. GMMG doesnt do credit cards either, so you have to use snail mail. Thats why most people wanna get this going, because by the time your system is received and installed, its usually been 3-4 weeks or even sometimes more since u payed.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
It goes by payment received. GMMG doesnt do credit cards either, so you have to use snail mail. Thats why most people wanna get this going, because by the time your system is received and installed, its usually been 3-4 weeks or even sometimes more since u payed.
They DON'T take credit cards???? Are you freakin kindding me here? What business, ESPECIALLY one that deals with online activities regularly, doesn't accept plastic. It is GUARANTEED money for them.........unreal!!!! I know businesses get charged a small fee by the credit card company, but come on man, this is the 21st Century for God's sake.........
Old 06-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rottluver
They DON'T take credit cards???? Are you freakin kindding me here? What business, ESPECIALLY one that deals with online activities regularly, doesn't accept plastic. It is GUARANTEED money for them.........unreal!!!! I know businesses get charged a small fee by the credit card company, but come on man, this is the 21st Century for God's sake.........

This really sucks.......I guess it's fair to say this thing is never going to get off the ground. No upddates from anyone. I do want the exhaust so I guess I won't save a couple of bucks(try $100.00) on buying one... Maybe I will refund the money for the sale of my Corsa and keep it?? This certainly is **** poor service on someone's part.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Teching In

you guys just need to calm down...
i think it's a little better since it's giving everybody time to scrap some money together (myself included)
let's just sit on it for another few days and see what comes of it
Old 06-05-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by unvc92camarors
you guys just need to calm down...
i think it's a little better since it's giving everybody time to scrap some money together (myself included)
let's just sit on it for another few days and see what comes of it
I, for one, am calm, just very disappointed with the lack of information being provided. If you take note, Monday will be ONE MONTH since this post started. To be "left hanging" by the company/person who posted this is ever so slightly unprofessional and rude. The one or two "updates" given have been useless and totally uninformative, saying the exact same thing.........hang on, it will happen. NOT confidence inspiring. You cannot blame people who have been waiting now for a month, to get restless and unhappy.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Well, they have been busy with the Dick Harrell car. If you guys want it so bad, just buy it.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SilverLS1nSC
Well, they have been busy with the Dick Harrell car. If you guys want it so bad, just buy it.
The entire company is so busy with one car they cannot manage to run the rest of their business? I think not. But thanks for the stellar advice on how to resolve it. Besides, if they are SO busy with that other car, they won't have the time to handle individual sales from 25+ people, calling in one at a time.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well guys I emailed GMMG the day before politely requesting any information that might be of use to help figure out whats going on with this thing. They don't seem to be very adept at answering phones, so hopefully they are better at the email thing. I'm not upset about this whole ordeal, just confused and kind of put off. I mean usually if PSJ or Nineball knows anything they post it up(unless its a real mess) so I can only presume that its either not been presented to them for a GP yet, or its already been approved and GMMG is just sitting on it until they are ready(which would be nice to know, still shitty either way). GMMG isn't a sponser on this board, and that might be an issue. They might be having to work that out as well. I don't know anything for certain, just offering up some ideas. When I get a reply back from GMMG I will post any info I receive. I, for one, am suprised that they didn't hop on this quicker cuz unless they have 40+ exhaust systems laying around they are going to have to fabricate a few...they could be doing that right now while working this out instead of leaving us in the dark
Old 06-06-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Well guys I emailed GMMG the day before politely requesting any information that might be of use to help figure out whats going on with this thing. They don't seem to be very adept at answering phones, so hopefully they are better at the email thing. I'm not upset about this whole ordeal, just confused and kind of put off. I mean usually if PSJ or Nineball knows anything they post it up(unless its a real mess) so I can only presume that its either not been presented to them for a GP yet, or its already been approved and GMMG is just sitting on it until they are ready(which would be nice to know, still shitty either way). GMMG isn't a sponser on this board, and that might be an issue. They might be having to work that out as well. I don't know anything for certain, just offering up some ideas. When I get a reply back from GMMG I will post any info I receive. I, for one, am suprised that they didn't hop on this quicker cuz unless they have 40+ exhaust systems laying around they are going to have to fabricate a few...they could be doing that right now while working this out instead of leaving us in the dark
Old 06-06-2004, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Apparently its been approved, we're just waiting for the official go.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Teching In

wow, this still hasnt started i want this bad
Old 06-06-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Well I had a chance today to ride in AND drive an '02 Firehawk with the GMMG exhaust and I have to say, while it is a very nice sound and setup, it isn't worth $600/$725 for the upgrade from my system. I drove my car and the Firehawk back to back, same roads, same conditions and there wasn't enough difference in it to make me spend that kind of money on another aftermarket exhaust system.

Now don't take this the wrong way, I am NOT bashing or putting down the GMMG, I just don't think it is worth the money for ME to change from what I have to that. Maybe some other day, but not now. I would rather use that money to upgrade my suspension and keep my LM setup.

For those of you who are upgrading from stock exhaust, you will LOVE it.

Enjoy it and I hope this GP comes to fruition for you all. I am removing myself from the interest list. Take care.

Quick Reply: GMMG Group Purchase