GMMG GP FINALLY a GO!!!!! Details inside.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanthie
I would have to agree regarding communication. A great product is only 70% of a companies success. Communication and customer satisfaction can make or break a company just as easily, especially when your company relies on word of mouth to keep the orders flowing in. It really shouldn't take more then 5 minutes of someones time to post an update. Granted there are ALWAYS exceptions. However at this point, I'm leaning on the idea that they didn't have enough exhausts built to satisfy the group purchase and are doing their best to turn them out. They are a pretty small shop and I wouldn't be surprised if they received more orders then they thought they would. This is a good thing, it shows their name is getting out there. If they did have the inventory, as was previously alluded to, then there really is no excuse not to get out ~60 exhausts in 18 working days (June 28th was the go day and 18 working days x 8 shipped a day = 144 exhausts shipped) UNLESS they have insufficient inventory. Even if they had 84 regular orders that they were shipping with the GP, there isn't much excuse for taking a little extra effort to make sure those that sent their money first get's their product shipped first. That type of curtisey should be expected considering there are many of us that overnighted our $ right when the GP was made official in order to hit the 25 minimum order requirement and get the exhausts shipping. Those of you that overnighted your money orders in order to meet the GP deadline should expect a small wait and I think most of you understand that.

My money order was received on June 23rd and UPS received my billing information on July 6th. It's been a month since I over nighted my money order and my product still hasn't shipped. Regardless, I can only hope their doing their best to meet their customers demand. A little more communication would be wonderful, however my guess is that their swamped with everyones PM's and emails requesting updates. There were many people from the get go that were, to be honest, slightly rude, and a little to impatient and I can understand GMMG's frustration with that, however we've all been waiting long enough now to warrant some curtisey updates.

Although my experience with this group purchase wasn't ideal, I don't this will keep me from participating in another GP, I just wont be as inclined to spend $13 on over nighting my $ so I can receive my product quicker. We have to admit that they are giving us a great deal on their product, you just have to decide for yourselves whether or not the deal justifies the wait. And I think all will be forgot once you receive your exhuast and listen to that drone for the first time!

All said, I hope my product ships soon!!!!
I agree with what was said here for the most part and like it was stated very early on in this GP some people were getting out of line a bit but I myself was not one of them and I do expect some type of update. My certified funds have been there since 2:05 P.M. on June 30th and I also think the wait is now getting a little out of hand. The lack of communication here is frustrating, I understand problems come up and things take time but when you can not find out anything I think some of us are entitled to venting a little frustration.

Hopefully our systems are boxed and waiting to be shipped. And I am sure when the box gets here everything will not be a big deal. I think the only GP'S I will get in on in the future will be from SPEED INC. I can just go there and pick up the parts.

Regardless, I am looking forward to installing my GMMG hopfully soon!!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got my videos uploaded. They have the car at idle, accelaration from inside and outside of car, and some other things. Check them out at my page...they are on the 3rd page down...

http://www.midwestfbodymeet.com/01TAPics.html

Last edited by joshp14; 07-21-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Those have to be the best sound clips (closest to what my car should sound like) I have heard yet! I really liked them but the acceleration up the driveway was awesome! I can't wait to get mine. It will sound bada$$~
Old 07-21-2004, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=2002SS#1811]I I understand problems come up and things take time but when you can not find out anything I think some of us are entitled to venting a little frustration.
QUOTE]

Ill keep my frustrations to myself.......... I updated this post 3 DAYS AGO. I will update tracking #s when more ship. It seems if I give someone their tracking # and UPS hasnt picked it up that it just adds more confusion/frustration. Once UPS catches up to me Ill update the list. All exhausts are ready to go GMG is doing EVERYTHING possible within our means to get your exhaust to you ASAP. Thank you for your participation and enjoy your exhaust.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Josh, just d/l your vids.. I think the first cuts short though?? But wow, sounds awesome!! Very clean sounding... Can't wait to get mine!!

Cammin BeaSSt, hey you should load all the setups in a trailer, attach it to your car, and make like Santa Claus!! With your car you could have em all delivered in what, 20 or 30 minutes tops!! j/k!! Looking forward to receiving mine! Thanks!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

I would, but then some of these guys would bitch because I didnt stay to install it
Old 07-21-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Got my videos uploaded. They have the car at idle, accelaration from inside and outside of car, and some other things. Check them out at my page...they are on the 3rd page down...

http://www.midwestfbodymeet.com/01TAPics.mpg

you da man!!!

Ron.. get us that catback man... I can't wait anymore lol..especially after watching those vids....
Old 07-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Just curious how many orders are left to ship? I gotta be way down at the bottom because I was a last minute man! The guy is right, you better hurry with those exhausts after hearing the vids!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by audiopro
Josh, just d/l your vids.. I think the first cuts short though?? But wow, sounds awesome!! Very clean sounding... Can't wait to get mine!!
Thanks for the compliments guys! It sounds so badass in person...gettin 200% more looks now. BTW, I re-uploaded the first video so it's all there now!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Excellent!! Thanks again Josh...
Old 07-22-2004, 12:26 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
I would, but then some of these guys would bitch because I didnt stay to install it
Old 07-22-2004, 05:26 AM
TECH Addict

Ron-

Did I hear you correctly? You mean you're gonna personally come and install every exhaust?

Just let me know when you're coming over - I'll have the keg iced up
Old 07-22-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-22-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Old 07-22-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

i got my exhaust last week and did the install last friday. i had problems with my i-pipe connecting to the y-pipe being welded. so tried grinding down the part that was welded and it didnt work, then my friend and i tried unbolting the y-pipe come to find out the pass. cat is connected to it also. ( in the process breaking one bolt from the cat on the drivers side). so after all the crawling under the car i took it to the exhaust shop with no muffler just where i left at during th install in my garage.so an aditionall 80.00 to get the remaining work done. new bolt to hold the y pipe on the drivers side and install of the gmmg. the exhasut was welded but the tips were clamped for future tips. also the the pipe that connected to the ypipe had to be cut a little.

for some reason also it doesnt sound as good as my friends 01 ss. i dont know if it just the tips making a difference or it being his slp y-pipe + GMMG tips w/ FIPK.

otherwise i am happy with the system since i did have a cutout that was just loud all the time. also i felt a better acceleration and throttle reponse and no more vibrations from the cutout
Old 07-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Does this exhaust HAVE to be welded? I was going to do it all myself but now I am getting kind of worried. I also don't really trust a mechanic doing it around here and don't want to spend the money. Anyone else having problems besides the tips not lining up? I need to know!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Two and a half cents worth:
If you have a professional and competent exhaust shop in your area, USE THEM!
I had my SLP dual/dual removed and sold it on E-Bay to a new home. My GMMG was carefully installed, and then the tips were slightly welded for a more permanent fix.
I paid $50 to get it installed, so with the GP and the cost to put it on, I STILL came out $50 ahead of the regular GMMG price. AND, I got a THE baddest sounding catback on the market for a 4th gen. F-Body.
Check yourself in to my webpage for more convincing details:
http://www.geocities.com/somhawk2002...k2002pg28.html
(It's a free website and shuts down for bandwidth issues so be patient)
Old 07-22-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

I'm just stoked that eventually i'll also have a GMMG exhaust on my car. I know it'll eventually show up at my house, so i'm not too worried about updates. GMMG is a small company and things will just take time. Hopefully the install will be easy and relatively trouble free. to GMMG.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LittleBef15
Does this exhaust HAVE to be welded? I was going to do it all myself but now I am getting kind of worried. I also don't really trust a mechanic doing it around here and don't want to spend the money. Anyone else having problems besides the tips not lining up? I need to know!

yes you can do your self. they supply all the clamps needed for the install..i just had a problem since my pipe was welded at the y-pipe
Old 07-23-2004, 12:54 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawg One
Two and a half cents worth:
If you have a professional and competent exhaust shop in your area, USE THEM!
I had my SLP dual/dual removed and sold it on E-Bay to a new home. My GMMG was carefully installed, and then the tips were slightly welded for a more permanent fix.
I paid $50 to get it installed, so with the GP and the cost to put it on, I STILL came out $50 ahead of the regular GMMG price. AND, I got a THE baddest sounding catback on the market for a 4th gen. F-Body.
Check yourself in to my webpage for more convincing details:
http://www.geocities.com/somhawk2002...k2002pg28.html
(It's a free website and shuts down for bandwidth issues so be patient)
um, if you got in on this GP, then why is the pic dated from 2003?

Quick Reply: GMMG GP FINALLY a GO!!!!! Details inside.....