GMMG GP FINALLY a GO!!!!! Details inside.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004 | 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 95camaroz28
on lt1. clip does no justice to sound tho

http://www.vanbeekglobal.com/35thss/Tylergmmg.MPG
you're making me jealous man
you've already got yours on
i still need a stock section of an i-pipe since i'm not cutting into the flowmaster i'm selling
sounds good though, even for it "not doing justice"
Old 07-19-2004 | 04:44 PM
Teching In

on lt1. clip does no justice to sound tho

http://www.vanbeekglobal.com/35thss/Tylergmmg.MPG

Nope, doesn't do it justice at all...got it put on my LT1 also. Best sound ever!

Old 07-19-2004 | 05:20 PM
Teching In

Is there any update on tracking numbers?
Old 07-19-2004 | 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

95camaroZ28-

I was right then, wasn't I?
Old 07-19-2004 | 06:45 PM
Launching!

well, im joining the ranks of having my GMMG finally put on, and all i can say is WOW, that exhaust is amazing, combined with my QTP Long Tubes, it just sounds awesome, i cant say enough about it, sadly, the worst part of the exhaust, trying to make the tips just right, but i think i got it, haha. Thanks alot Ron and GMMG for puttin this all together, you guys are awesome!!
Old 07-19-2004 | 09:55 PM
Teching In

hey lt1 guys....
can i get a measurement of where you cut your stock i=pipe off of?
i want to save on shipping costs for someone who sends it to me so i'm just gonna tell them to cut off maybe 2 in past where i need it, just to make sure
i'm selling the old flowmaster that was on it and i can't cut that up...so i need a stock i-pipe
thanks guys, can't wait to get it on, the wait is killing me
Old 07-19-2004 | 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unvc92camarors
hey lt1 guys....
can i get a measurement of where you cut your stock i=pipe off of?
i want to save on shipping costs for someone who sends it to me so i'm just gonna tell them to cut off maybe 2 in past where i need it, just to make sure
i'm selling the old flowmaster that was on it and i can't cut that up...so i need a stock i-pipe
thanks guys, can't wait to get it on, the wait is killing me
I had mine put on at GMMG, but I can go measure how far back from the cat, it'll just have to wait until tomorrow afternoon...gotta get to bed
Old 07-20-2004 | 12:39 AM
Launching!

i held pipe up there with one hand and chalked i pipe with other
Old 07-20-2004 | 04:42 PM
Teching In

Is there any update on tracking numbers?
Old 07-20-2004 | 06:44 PM
Teching In

i held pipe up there with one hand and chalked i pipe with other
well, i'm goign to be buying an i-pipe off smoebody and i just wanted to save on shipping and have them cut it an inch or two past where i need it
smaller=cheaper shipping

hey chevycobb (or 95camaroz28), can you take a measurement from where it is fully bent toward the back
as in...after the cat it bends towards the driver side, then it bends back to go straight down the middle of the car
can i get a measurement from right where it starts to go straight down the car?
it doesnt have to be exact, just soemthing approximate
thanks guys
Old 07-21-2004 | 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Ron-
Any word when my system will be shipping - paid on the 12th

TIA
-Jay-
Old 07-21-2004 | 07:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
Ron-
Any word when my system will be shipping - paid on the 12th

TIA
-Jay-

My money was there on June 30th. Still no system and I can't get a reply as to what is going on. Called UPS and they said the package has not been shipped yet. I am really happy I spent the $13.00 to get my money in on time as people who paid after me already have the system that live less than twenty miles from me. I guess it must be sitting in the downstairs waiting to ship?? This will be the first and last time I get involved in a group purchase as it is not worth the money saved on the lower price for this kind of customer service. I think I have a valid complaint for spending close to $750.00. Anyway I hope you have better luck than me.
Old 07-21-2004 | 07:44 AM
Launching!

Well I paid my money on the 16th-got there on the 16th. I haven't received mine yet so don't worry too much. If they can only ship 8 a day and that is not all group purchases. I think I am just to anxious to get my exhaust. I am just waiting on an update so I can watch the tracking numbers all the time! Pretty soon, hopefully, a brown box will be sitting in my driveway!
Old 07-21-2004 | 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Well I realize that UPS will only pick up 8 exhaust sytems per day, but with a total of 53 systems ordered - that makes for roughly 7 different days needed to pick up. Take into account that they are probably selling other items that need shipped also (although I doubt that they are selling that many LS1 exhaust systems outside of the GP since the cars have been discontinued) - still doesn't explain the extended time waiting on delivery by some people.

Unless of course they didn't have 53 exhaust sytems built and are making them as we speak?

In any case, I would just like to at least have a tracking# to prove that it is setting there waiting for UPS pickup.

And yes you are correct - I have found that just about any GP, from any vendor, that I have been part of, has had extended delivery times - most of the time it is not worth the $50 or so that you save. In this case I would just be happy with an update more than once/week. I'm sure Ron isn't the only one working at GMMG - if he's busy or out of the shop can't someone else get on the computer?
Old 07-21-2004 | 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I haven't gotten mine yet either.
Old 07-21-2004 | 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

My money was there on June 30th. Still no system and I can't get a reply as to what is going on. Called UPS and they said the package has not been shipped yet. I am really happy I spent the $13.00 to get my money in on time as people who paid after me already have the system that live less than twenty miles from me. I guess it must be sitting in the downstairs waiting to ship?? This will be the first and last time I get involved in a group purchase as it is not worth the money saved on the lower price for this kind of customer service.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this post.. I usually understand that shipments get delayed being I have a business of my own...

However, communicating and informing the customer is VERY important and I don't see that happening here..

Sucks, but I think I'll stick to regular/sale prices too henceforth instead of a GP... No one should have to wait days after making payment for a simple tracking number or an update on the status of their purchased product.
Old 07-21-2004 | 04:09 PM
Teching In

it does suck that you guys haven't gotten yours yet, but i promise you, there aren't that many people that work for GMMG, i know they should still have seen this coming, but it is just a small shop, on a small side road. When I went there twice, there was only one person at the shop both times. They have many other projects that they are trying to get done because they have many other LS1's there as we speak. Plus they have had to go to shows out of town, and that leaves them with even fewer people

They are good guys there, and they will get you the exhaust as soon as they can. I know that they needed 25 people, but they probably didn't expect more than twice that. I'm sure someone from GMMG will respond soon.
Old 07-21-2004 | 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownGTX
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this post.. I usually understand that shipments get delayed being I have a business of my own...

However, communicating and informing the customer is VERY important and I don't see that happening here..

Sucks, but I think I'll stick to regular/sale prices too henceforth instead of a GP... No one should have to wait days after making payment for a simple tracking number or an update on the status of their purchased product.

I would have to agree regarding communication. A great product is only 70% of a companies success. Communication and customer satisfaction can make or break a company just as easily, especially when your company relies on word of mouth to keep the orders flowing in. It really shouldn't take more then 5 minutes of someones time to post an update. Granted there are ALWAYS exceptions. However at this point, I'm leaning on the idea that they didn't have enough exhausts built to satisfy the group purchase and are doing their best to turn them out. They are a pretty small shop and I wouldn't be surprised if they received more orders then they thought they would. This is a good thing, it shows their name is getting out there. If they did have the inventory, as was previously alluded to, then there really is no excuse not to get out ~60 exhausts in 18 working days (June 28th was the go day and 18 working days x 8 shipped a day = 144 exhausts shipped) UNLESS they have insufficient inventory. Even if they had 84 regular orders that they were shipping with the GP, there isn't much excuse for taking a little extra effort to make sure those that sent their money first get's their product shipped first. That type of curtisey should be expected considering there are many of us that overnighted our $ right when the GP was made official in order to hit the 25 minimum order requirement and get the exhausts shipping. Those of you that overnighted your money orders in order to meet the GP deadline should expect a small wait and I think most of you understand that.

My money order was received on June 23rd and UPS received my billing information on July 6th. It's been a month since I over nighted my money order and my product still hasn't shipped. Regardless, I can only hope their doing their best to meet their customers demand. A little more communication would be wonderful, however my guess is that their swamped with everyones PM's and emails requesting updates. There were many people from the get go that were, to be honest, slightly rude, and a little to impatient and I can understand GMMG's frustration with that, however we've all been waiting long enough now to warrant some curtisey updates.

Although my experience with this group purchase wasn't ideal, I don't this will keep me from participating in another GP, I just wont be as inclined to spend $13 on over nighting my $ so I can receive my product quicker. We have to admit that they are giving us a great deal on their product, you just have to decide for yourselves whether or not the deal justifies the wait. And I think all will be forgot once you receive your exhuast and listen to that drone for the first time!

All said, I hope my product ships soon!!!!

Last edited by jlanthie; 07-21-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-21-2004 | 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

I would have to agree regarding communication. A great product is only 70% of a companies success. Communication and customer satisfaction can make or break a company just as easily, especially when your company relies on word of mouth to keep the orders flowing in. It really shouldn't take more then 5 minutes of someones time to post an update. Granted there are ALWAYS exceptions. However at this point, I'm leaning on the idea that they didn't have enough exhausts built to satisfy the group purchase and are doing their best to turn them out. They are a pretty small shop and I wouldn't be surprised if they received more orders then they thought they would. This is a good thing, it shows their name is getting out there. If they did have the inventory, as was previously alluded to, then there really is no excuse not to get out ~60 exhausts in 18 working days (June 28th was the go day and 18 working days x 8 shipped a day = 144 exhausts shipped) UNLESS they have insufficient inventory. Even if they had 84 regular orders that they were shipping with the GP, there isn't much excuse for taking a little extra effort to make sure those that sent their money first get's their product shipped first. That type of curtisey should be expected considering there are many of us that overnighted our $ right when the GP was made official in order to hit the 25 minimum order requirement and get the exhausts shipping. Those of you that overnighted your money orders in order to meet the GP deadline should expect a small wait and I think most of you understand that.

My money order was received on June 23rd and UPS received my billing information on July 6th. It's been a month since I over nighted my money order and my product still hasn't shipped. Regardless, I can only hope their doing their best to meet their customers demand. A little more communication would be wonderful, however my guess is that their swamped with everyones PM's and emails requesting updates. There were many people from the get go that were, to be honest, slightly rude, and a little to impatient and I can understand GMMG's frustration with that, however we've all been waiting long enough now to warrant some curtisey updates.

Although my experience with this group purchase wasn't ideal, I don't this will keep me from participating in another GP, I just wont be as inclined to spend $13 on over nighting my $ so I can receive my product quicker. We have to admit that they are giving us a great deal on their product, you just have to decide for yourselves whether or not the deal justifies the wait. And I think all will be forgot once you receive your exhuast and listen to that drone for the first time!
well said
Old 07-21-2004 | 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Being in a business where I can go from nothing to do, to being slammed and working 48 hours straight at times, I totally understand being bombarded by people wanting things done immediately and not being able to deliver. I am sure GMMG is not sitting on their *** playing solitare. We saved a hundred bucks here. Unless you are losing money on this deal somehow, I dont see why you would complain. I know dropping 600 bucks makes ya want your product now.. But, I've placed orders in excess of 10k for things that takes 6 months to deliver..

Okay, true customer communication is ideal. But like someone else said, GMMG is not an uber-huge company.. Just try to relax and know that once you get, you will have a badass exhaust!!!

Quick Reply: GMMG GP FINALLY a GO!!!!! Details inside.....