GMMG GP FINALLY a GO!!!!! Details inside.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004 | 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Time2Kill
Yea, its my own lift. I got one cheap when SLP had an auction bc they were closing up one of their shops by me.
I gotcha. Lucky. Has anybody done this install with just some jack stands and wrenches? How did it go?
Old 07-01-2004 | 02:35 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by 10thAnnHawk
I gotcha. Lucky. Has anybody done this install with just some jack stands and wrenches? How did it go?
I had my stock exhaust off and my loudmouth and slp ypipe setup on within an hour using jack stands. It's simple.
Old 07-01-2004 | 03:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
I had my stock exhaust off and my loudmouth and slp ypipe setup on within an hour using jack stands. It's simple.
Cool, the only part I am kind of worried about is seperating the old exhaust from the cat. I heard that can be a biatch. Also, what did you cut the old exhaust off with?
Old 07-01-2004 | 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

my freind did his on jack stands and had no problem at all.. the only thing he had to do was cut the stock exhaust with a hacksaw or grinder to get it out the way for the GMMG.

i was sold as soon as i heard it. that s why i had to have it at this price even when the funds were low...

GMMG!!!!
Old 07-01-2004 | 04:09 PM
Launching!

Could we get a update please? I know my money was signed for at 2:01 yesterday but folks who sent regular mail are wondering. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2004 | 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Big brown box in my driveway when I got home tonight! Can't wait to get it on!!
Old 07-01-2004 | 04:44 PM
Launching!

i could use a update also, just wondering if you got my money, you said you were pretty sure you did, but never said for sure. just wondering if its shipped or is shipping or what? thanks.
Old 07-01-2004 | 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Screw all you people who live close enough to get it this quickly
Old 07-01-2004 | 06:16 PM
MASS seller approved

I got mine installed
Sounds f'n mean as hell. I also have a bullet in the I-pipe and it is just a clean deep exhaust note. Absolutely no rasp or tinny sounds.

My friend just picked up a car from TN on Tuesday and it has a GMMG with no cats and no bullet in the I-Pipe. It's also very loud at idle. It completely drowns out my car when its next to mine. His car is quite a bit louder than mine thru out the rpm band and the exhaust has a tinny sound to it. It's not high pitched and its not raspy but its just higher pitched than the rest of the exhaust note. The bullet completely took care of that sound and definately made it quite a bit deeper also on my car.

Definately better than any exhaust I have ever heard. I have personally had Magnaflow, Magnaflow with bullet in the I-Pipe, dynomouth, true duals with bullets, true duals with sweet thunder, open headers with bullets, and stock exhaust. The GMMG with the bullet in the I-Pipe is by far the best sounding. No drone inside the car at all. You can slightly hear the exhaust but its just music to the ears
Old 07-01-2004 | 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Where all exhausts shipped out monday that had money received? just curious because I see some people already started getting there exhausts yesterday that lived as far as me if not more, so I was expecting to see mine by today but still no beautiful box.... =( damn I hope it's here tomorrow..... grrrrrrrrr.....
Old 07-01-2004 | 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to Ron yesturday and he said that they can only ship 8 boxes at a time because of UPS rules of the boxes being so big and all. All I know is my $$ was received on 6/29 and it hasnt shipped yet
Old 07-01-2004 | 08:32 PM
On The Tree

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, that sucks donkey *****, so much for getting the exhaust this week.....
Old 07-01-2004 | 08:40 PM
Launching!

Wink

Originally Posted by David 2002 WS6
I will get one too but only if I can come up with the money before the deadline...
My check is heading to Georgia tomorrow!
Old 07-02-2004 | 07:18 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by 10thAnnHawk
Cool, the only part I am kind of worried about is seperating the old exhaust from the cat. I heard that can be a biatch. Also, what did you cut the old exhaust off with?
I *think* I used a hacksaw... but I might of had access to a sawzall. I don't remember though.

If you want to save your exhaust for anything, I'd cut it right over the axle before it goes into the muffler.
Old 07-02-2004 | 07:19 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by David 2002 WS6
My check is heading to Georgia tomorrow!
Mine should be going out today after I deposit my paycheck
Old 07-02-2004 | 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Good to see you guys are starting to get your exhausts. We have been shipping them as quickly as UPS will allow. For those of you who dont know GMMG has a very small crew. There are three of us working in the shop covering all aspects of the business. I have been extremely busy with normal work on top of packaging and shipping 30+ exhausts. I am sorry for the delay in response. Tracking #s are being posted beside the screen names in the first page of this post as soon as I finish this reply. If you do not have your tracking # beside your name your exhaust hasnt shipped yet. They are all packaged downstairs and waiting to go out, but I can only ship as many as UPS has room for on their truck daily. They should all be gone by next Tues/Wed.

I will also post usernames of orders we have received in the past few days. Thanx again guys. This was an awesome turnout and GMMG cant thank you enough. Enjoy the exhaust.

Ron
Old 07-02-2004 | 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Tracking #s are posted. Incase anyone was wondering. We did not ship the exhausts in any particular order.There was a 25 minimum on the GP so once the # was met we shipped as quickly as possible. There will be about 3 to 5 days between everyone having their exhausts.

Old 07-02-2004 | 11:37 AM
MASS seller approved

I just wanted to let everyone know....there was no horsepower gain goin from GMMG to open cutout in several back to back dynos. This was on a heads/cam 440hp car.

Must say this is one awesome exhaust
Old 07-02-2004 | 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Am I the only one that thinks it crap that these didnt ship out in any specific order????

Why the hell did I spend extra money overnighting my payment for no reason....Im extremely dismayed by this......I could have saved 13 dollars by sending a normal envelope and got my exhaust quicker.....I was like the 5 or 6 th order recieved and want this thing so bad its not funny.......

Most GP's I have been in always shipped based on order received ???????

Not trying to be a A$$ ..just really dissapointed since mine is scheduled for late next week and thought I paid extra overnighting my payment to get a better place in line

Shawn
Old 07-02-2004 | 12:59 PM
FormerVendor

Shawn, sent you a PM. Hope this clear up a few things. Also, you were # 11 getting your payment in. I went by dates signed for envelopes to verify this. We are getting them out as quickly as possible guys. The GP has only been a go for a few days now and I have over 85% of the systems in the mail.

Quick Reply: GMMG GP FINALLY a GO!!!!! Details inside.....