Paging someone, anyone from Texas Speed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paging someone, anyone from Texas Speed!

Someone PLEASE tell me the status of my order here:

TEXAS-SPEED.COM ORDER CONFIRMATION

Merchant: texas-speed.com
Order ID: VBVE83332637
Order Placed: 16-Oct-04 05:42 PM
Amount of Transaction: $564.98
Payment Type: VISA

Trevor told me on the 18th that it was shipping that day and I'd get a UPS confirm later on in the day. Never heard anything until I sent an email at the end of the week. Only than did he notify me that UPS aparently damaged the shipment and it was sent right back to them and that they were now out of stock on the headers but had the Y-pipes. He said he'd possibly be able to have Pacestter ship some headers right from their facility that day and he'd get back to me.

Since than I have sent FOUR emails with no responses. I do not appreciate him all the sudden ignoring me. He always responded before the sale and I have praised him for it in posts on this forum several times for it.

I have also tried to call, but I am at work all day like most people, and the times I tried I got the machine (a couple times the machine said you were at lunch). No I didn't leave messages b/c I am really not supposed to be in personal calls at work, so it was kind of a get through now or no go deal (at times I am able when management isnt around).

I had planned on getting these installed last weekend and definitely wanted them installed by this weekend, b/c next weekend I am going away. and soon snow will be here. I also have an LS6 intake thats been waiting to go in but I am not going to make 2 separate trips to the shop which is like 45 mins from me, especially when i don't even know if the LT's will be here any day or what.

Anyhow, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. FOUR EMAILS W/NO RESPONSE IS NOT RIGHT! (I know he gets his emails too b/c he has always responded to evrey other sales inquiry email I have ever sent him, and he usually responds that day too.)
Old 10-27-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't get what the big deal is, most people wait months for something or other, I know I have. If they are too busy to go through the hundreds of emails they get daily then they probably won't be searching the External threads at their leisure. Simmer down!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Good Luck, Hope they get things right for you. That is one of the reasons I like MTI. I have never had any problems with MTI. There service is the best!! For you to say don`t get upset is bull. You pay for service as well as product. Thats part of business. If they sell on the internet they need to respond to people on it.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Skippy why in the hell should someone gladly wait months for non-custom product that is supposed to be in stock? Get a freakin clue man. This **** goes on b/c suckers like you allow it to go on. If he had so many emails and couldnt go through them than how was he magically able to respond to every pre-sale inquiry usually by the end of the day and with full detailed responses?? Now after they have my money all the sudden the responses stop?? And ya know what if they can't handle all the emails and/or order's who's problem is that?? They are running a business not a freagin fan club you assclown. if you want to throw out money to a vendor and than sit back and just say ahh it gets here when it gets here than I guess thats your perogative, but I am not one who likes to bend over and have my *** buttered.

Order from the big name reputable guys like Jegs or Summit and I get stuff in 1-3 days every time. Thats how it should be unless of course the item is out of stock or requires custom building. And if **** happens beyond that, at least have the decency to keep me posted as to the status.

PS-Thanks BeardWS6
Old 10-27-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Skippy why in the hell should someone gladly wait months for non-custom product that is supposed to be in stock? Get a freakin clue man. This **** goes on b/c suckers like you allow it to go on.
no ***** man, if a company was stiffing me on a stock part that was holiding my buildup back i would go spastic on them.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should be in the Sponsor Section..
Old 10-27-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
This should be in the Sponsor Section..

I call/PM/email TSP 2-3x once a month asking various specific questions, never implying a purchase. I always get a quick reply back. Also, like you, with detailed responses. I've bought from them in the past, and will again in the future. They're a great company to deal with.

Something I DO suggest is calling them tomorrow, and if you get the machine, leave a message. Tell them you've emailed them numerous times, and would appreciate a response concerning order #xxxxxx at email address xxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx. That would be something constructive to do. I hope your order gets straightened out, I know I hate waiting on stuff like that. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've never had any issues like this, maybe it's because I use thunder racing ---->

Good luck with it.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skippytheloon
I don't get what the big deal is, most people wait months for something or other, I know I have. If they are too busy to go through the hundreds of emails they get daily then they probably won't be searching the External threads at their leisure. Simmer down!
Not a Flame here... BUT noone should have to wait months for parts unless they know ahead of time they are on back order... who are you, Jantzer in disguise?
Old 10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kevin - Let me be the first to apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Joseph pointed your thread out to me last night. I have been without my laptop for two days, and that is my only means to check e-mails. A replacement y-pipe has already been sent back out to you. I have been on the phone with PaceSetter trying to find out when I can have another set of headers to ship to you. We shipped our last three sets of coated race-style headers that day, so I am out of stock until our next stocking order arrives. I am waiting for a call back this morning from the general manager at PaceSetter to see just how quick I can have a set of headers to you. If they end up being back-ordered on the coated race-style headers, then I will refund your money on the headers in full so we are not sitting with your money and you with no product. It certainly is not our policy to charge a customer without any products to ship them. It has been, and always will be, our policy to not charge a customer until the product(s) can ship. I agree that nobody should have to wait months to receive any parts unless there are special circumstances surrounding the product (such as the upcoming AFR 225 cylinder heads).

Again, I apologize for the delayed response. The last thing I want you to think is that I am ignoring you since you have already paid. I do encourage any customer to give me a call if you have sent any e-mails and have not received a response. Sometimes circumstances happen that do keep me from answering my e-mails everyday. I normally do go through my e-mails on a daily basis because that is a large part of our business. Jason was out of town tuning some cars with my laptop, so I could not check my e-mails. By no means do I want you to think that I'm using that as an excuse. I should have contacted you with an update after our first correspondence late last week. I hope you will accept my apologies. Unfortunately, PaceSetter does not keep their coated headers on the shelf, and that is why we always place such a large stocking order.

I will contact you before the end of the business day to let you know the status of your order. Again, the last thing I want you to think is that I am blowing you off. I have been a customer a lot longer than I have been a business owner, so I know exactly where you are coming from. I try to help every customer to the best of my ability before, during, and after the sale.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance

Last edited by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.; 10-28-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the well written response...I do appreciate and accept your apology. And I am sorry if I came off a little dicky, but I just really wanted to be able to have these installed by this weekend at the latest and I am seeing other guys who ordered these from you the same day or later than me already having them installed, so when I wasn't even getting any responses on the status of mine it started to get fairly upsetting.I guess it was just really bad luck and bad timing, but please see what you can do. I'll wait to hear back from you.
Thanks again,
Kevin
Old 10-28-2004, 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kevin,

Your replacement y-pipe shipped out via UPS Ground last Friday afternoon. The tracking number on it is 1Z YA1 082 03 4161 7162. It shows a scheduled delivery of tomorrow.

As for the headers, I called in a big favor to see about getting another set out to you without having to wait on our stocking order. Long story short, PaceSetter was able to pull a set to get to you ASAP. They are leaving today direct from PaceSetter, and you will receive them tomorrow via UPS. This way you can have them by the weekend to install before you leave. I am going to contact PaceSetter later today once UPS has picked up to get the tracking number on the headers for you. That way you know for sure that they will be to you tomorrow.

Again, I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. It is NEVER our intent to make you feel like you are getting sub-par service after the sale. This certainly is not our policy. Unfortunately, we did have some circumstances out of our control, but I will always do my best to help any customer when problems arise. I know what I expect when I make a purchase from a retailer, and I always keep that in mind when talking to and taking care of customers.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns with the install. I'll be more than happy to help you out. If you have an issue, please give me a call. That will be the surest way to get in contact with me. If for some reason I cannot call you back at work and you have to leave a message, just let me know that I need to e-mail you back and I will do so.

Thanks!

Trevor
www.texas-speed.com
Old 10-28-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by m1key99WS6
I've never had any issues like this, maybe it's because I use thunder racing ---->

Good luck with it.
And RP motorsports...queer
Old 10-28-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

AWESOME! Thanks a lot, I appreciate you going the extra mile to reconcile the situation. Your efforts don't go unrewarded. I am someone who is very vocal about their vendor experiences and will highly praise service like this in any threads where people are asking questions about what and where to buy to the point where certain people may think I work for the company, lol.

I realize sometimes **** happens and its times like these where a company is really tested if they truly care about their customer's, and what can I say you came through with flying color's. Now maybe I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself though before I know for certain they will be here tommorow...

Anyhow, thanks again Trevor, I'll wait to hear back about the tracking #'s....
Old 10-28-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Great job fellas!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:34 PM
FormerVendor

Top notch Trevor!!!!!! Alot of shops could learn a few things from you....

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
Kevin,

Your replacement y-pipe shipped out via UPS Ground last Friday afternoon. The tracking number on it is 1Z YA1 082 03 4161 7162. It shows a scheduled delivery of tomorrow.

As for the headers, I called in a big favor to see about getting another set out to you without having to wait on our stocking order. Long story short, PaceSetter was able to pull a set to get to you ASAP. They are leaving today direct from PaceSetter, and you will receive them tomorrow via UPS. This way you can have them by the weekend to install before you leave. I am going to contact PaceSetter later today once UPS has picked up to get the tracking number on the headers for you. That way you know for sure that they will be to you tomorrow.

Again, I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. It is NEVER our intent to make you feel like you are getting sub-par service after the sale. This certainly is not our policy. Unfortunately, we did have some circumstances out of our control, but I will always do my best to help any customer when problems arise. I know what I expect when I make a purchase from a retailer, and I always keep that in mind when talking to and taking care of customers.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns with the install. I'll be more than happy to help you out. If you have an issue, please give me a call. That will be the surest way to get in contact with me. If for some reason I cannot call you back at work and you have to leave a message, just let me know that I need to e-mail you back and I will do so.

Thanks!

Trevor
www.texas-speed.com
Old 10-28-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by m1key99WS6

Good luck with it.

you and me both
Old 10-28-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Well to be fair, you gotta realize TR is a lot bigger more advanced operation. TSP is a smaller newer kid on the block. Have to give them credit for their efforts, relatively.

Last edited by KB99WS6; 10-29-2004 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well im not saying TSP is bad in any way. I like both companys actually . Its just that thunder racing has bent over backwards for me in the past (in three different occasions). Both are great companys in my opinion
Old 10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Sweet! Reporting in that they arrived here 10:30 this morning. Havent been back to see them yet, but my shipping dept called me to let me know they are here

Thanks again Trevor! Way to come through!