Bogart PRICE INCREASE FORTHCOMING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, I emailed last asking for a price on a set of wheels, havent heard anything back. Was looking at the Gold centered and floyd welded. Guess I dont get no price break since prices went up already? Gimme a price anyway when you can.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by steve10
I'll comment to this one also...NO you cannot drive weld wheels on the street legally either. It is COMPLETELY NOT SAFE NOR LEGAL. You have just as much of a chance bending a weld prostar/draglite as one of our wheels. Actually from an over 5 year history of F-bodies, it seems since most of you guys are using them on the street, the chances of bending one of our is very slim since I can count less then 10 folks whom have ever damaged one of our wheels. Our wheels can be repaired and rather inexpensivly through us as a courtesy. Ask weld to provide such services...I've heard they are not so helpful.... The front wheel IS the issue and takes the majority of stress and is the wheels that are of major concern!

If your purchasing a weld wheel and considering them to be so less expensive, then you're obviously looking at welds inexpensive cheaper wheels as you wouldn't be saying that if you compared them to welds high-end wheels which blow away the economy prostars/draglites. You must feel that the weld high-end wheels are very overpriced and not worth it either. I think Tony would agree that his new wheels blow away his old wheels and completely make his car look 100x better. Since a wheel essentially MAKES a car and greatly effects its appearance...why do you see guys spending 1500.00-2500.00 for wheels??

You are correct.. I don't think the Weld Alumastars are worth nearly $400 a piece either. Thats why I will be running the Weld Draglites/Prostars or Centerlines. And I have owned both in the past and never messed them up on the street. I have seen 2 different pairs of Bogarts that looked like total crap after street use. One set was on a mustang coupe and it was the rear wheels that looked so bad not the fronts. But, thats beside the point.

Like I said, some people have plenty of money to spend on a set of wheels and some (like me) simply don't. So we go for the Welds or Centerlines and they work just great. And you say that the Bogarts look so much better on a car, but thats just your opinion. Some people think that a Weld Prostar 15x10 with the 7.5 BS looks better than your custom Bogarts.. Its all about opinion and prices. The difference of weight between weld/bogart wheels doesnt justify the difference in dollars.. (In My Opinion)

Why can't you guys design and build a line of wheels that are affordable to us budget guys? Is that so hard?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
You are correct.. I don't think the Weld Alumastars are worth nearly $400 a piece either. Thats why I will be running the Weld Draglites/Prostars or Centerlines. And I have owned both in the past and never messed them up on the street. I have seen 2 different pairs of Bogarts that looked like total crap after street use. One set was on a mustang coupe and it was the rear wheels that looked so bad not the fronts. But, thats beside the point.

Like I said, some people have plenty of money to spend on a set of wheels and some (like me) simply don't. So we go for the Welds or Centerlines and they work just great. And you say that the Bogarts look so much better on a car, but thats just your opinion. Some people think that a Weld Prostar 15x10 with the 7.5 BS looks better than your custom Bogarts.. Its all about opinion and prices. The difference of weight between weld/bogart wheels doesnt justify the difference in dollars.. (In My Opinion)

Why can't you guys design and build a line of wheels that are affordable to us budget guys? Is that so hard?
If you have ruined our wheels finish on the street, you'd be killing just about any high-end wheel that is using 6061 material. We do not use magic materials. We use the same materials all high-end wheels use including welds high-end wheels. Regarding your comment of manufacturing low-end wheels, we do which I have stated earlier. If you like grinding calipers and using spacers, then we have a wheel for you...its far from what I'd recommend though, but it is available. View our 2 piece fly series wheels...you'll be in the same price-range of your low-budget prostars.

I think if you've used high-end welds, I'm surprized you'd consider going back to the low-ended wheels...there is so much of a difference...night and day. I would suggest though, that the welds will probably do just the same (appearance wise) as the materials used is for the most part exactly the same. You may not notice the changes on your economy wheels since they do not polish them as well as their high-ended wheels...just the same as our wheels are highly polished.

Cat, I am not in my office but in NYC at this time. The office will be closed Monday in respect of Martin Luther King.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some People think Cucumbers tast better Pickled.................

To each his own...... Steve i recieved your email back.
Ill be shooting you another one tomorrow even though i know your out of the office.

Thanks
Kyle
Old 01-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the look of Prostars compared to Bogarts. Don't get me wrong, Steve is a great guy and sells top notch parts. I use his linelock and ABS delete and love it. It's just that I am not a Bogart fan. Over double the price for something I am only going to lose a few pounds of rotating mass over. Not my cup of tea. For the amount of weight I would shed from going from prostars to bogarts, I could just up the jet on my nitrous to make up for the difference.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by steve10
Is a callies 2000.00 crank the same as an eagle 1000.00 crank????
both are 4130, both come from china, you do the math.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Restricted User

Didnt see Steve's reply for me...sorry. Will be looking at the Welded Floyd and the Welded RT's. Rear only, for now.

Charlie

Last edited by CAT3; 01-16-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

I was recently looking for new wheels as I needed a different backspacing from what I was currently running. I had the Weld Draglites with 7.5" backspacing. I like the looks of the Draglites and I was considering purchasing another set but I needed 5" BS and the Drag Lite has 5.5". I started looking into the Weld Aluma Stars. I really liked the front wheel but I wasn't crazy about all the bolts on the rear wheel. I also got to thinking, everyone I race with has the Weld Aluma Star. I mean dang near every racer in our racing click has the Aluma Star wheel and they are a dime a dozen at the track along with every other Weld Wheel. I was using the thrifty Drag Lite wheel for years and I wanted something different for a change.

So I gave Steve a call. We discussed my brake set up. We discussed back spacing and the tire size I planned to run. Steve helped me choose a custom BS. Steve then asked what was I was looking for in appearance. I told him I really didn't like all the bolts on the Bogarts Aluma Lites. They look somewhat like a Weld Aluma Stars in my opinion.

Steve made some suggestions "we were both on his web site as we were talking" and I decided I liked the Bogart Welded Floyds. When Steve told me the new rear Welded Floyds will be 4.5 lbs lighter than the Weld draglites, well that sealed the deal. Thats 4.5 lbs a piece too. Thats alot of rotating mass. The fronts will save some weight too but I forget how much. The Bogart Welded Floyds are 1/2 lb. lighter than the Aluma Stars and the Bogart Aluma Lites are 1.5 lbs. lighter than the Weld Aluma Stars. But I didn't like the bolts so I sacrificed a pound lol.

So, the Bogart Welded Floyds was the wheel I really liked and NOONE at the track will have a set but me Were they a bit pricey? Well ya but I didn't care. To each his own I guess. Some people like cupcakes better but I for one care less for them.

Thanks for the help Steve and I look forward to the wheels arriving on my porch soon.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Tom the roofer; 01-16-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tom the roofer
I was recently looking for new wheels as I needed a different backspacing from what I was currently running. I had the Weld Draglites with 7.5" backspacing. I like the looks of the Draglites and I was considering purchasing another set but I needed 5" BS and the Drag Lite has 5.5". I started looking into the Weld Aluma Stars. I really liked the front wheel but I wasn't crazy about all the bolts on the rear wheel. I also got to thinking, everyone I race with has the Weld Aluma Star. I mean dang near every racer in our racing click has the Aluma Star wheel and they are a dime a dozen at the track along with every other Weld Wheel. I was using the thrifty Drag Lite wheel for years and I wanted something different for a change.

So I gave Steve a call. We discussed my brake set up. We discussed back spacing and the tire size I planned to run. Steve helped me choose a custom BS. Steve then asked what was I was looking for in appearance. I told him I really didn't like all the bolts on the Bogarts Aluma Lites. They look somewhat like a Weld Aluma Stars in my opinion.

Steve made some suggestions "we were both on his web site as we were talking" and I decided I liked the Bogart Welded Floyds. When Steve told me the new rear Welded Floyds will be 4.5 lbs lighter than the Weld draglites, well that sealed the deal. Thats 4.5 lbs a piece too. Thats alot of rotating mass. The fronts will save some weight too but I forget how much. The Bogart Welded Floyds are 1/2 lb. lighter than the Aluma Stars and the Bogart Aluma Lites are 1.5 lbs. lighter than the Weld Aluma Stars. But I didn't like the bolts so I sacrificed a pound lol.

So, the Bogart Welded Floyds was the wheel I really liked and NOONE at the track will have a set but me Were they a bit pricey? Well ya but I didn't care. To each his own I guess. Some people like cupcakes better but I for one care less for them.

Thanks for the help Steve and I look forward to the wheels arriving on my porch soon.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom post up some pic's of those Floyd's..........
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 PM
FormerVendor

Does Weld sponsor LS1Tech??? Seems we are bashing a sponsor and promoting someones product who doesnt pay to advertise on this site?!?? Any comments John??

BTW, I have Bogart Force 5s and I love em. Fit and finish is awesome.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

That's not even close to sponsor bashing....
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I ran Welds for 6 years. Now I have a set of Bogart Bolted RT's.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys, if you can't afford the fancy wheels, no need to make negative comments about them. Just like the show-n-go crowd spends $5000 on a set of HRE customs, there are also drag racers that like flashy wheels and will spend top dollar to make their cars stand out visually. Bogarts are pretty much the top of the line custom drag wheels, so you can't expect them at bottom-of-the-barrel Draglite pricing.

Tony
Old 01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
8 Second Club

Hey steve how much lighter are bogarts compared to the competition?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

No doubt, they are distinctive.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:25 PM
7 Second Club

i got my back wheels custom back spaced to fit my new dynalite rear brake calipers... it saved weight and money for having a slimmer caliper... as soon as i get some money after my motor install i will be getting the fronts....

i like my D10's and im glad i spent the money.... steve monte is a great guy... and he doesnt blow any smoke....

SJM gets my business from now on
Old 01-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Teching In

can you drive the road race wheels on the street?
Old 01-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Are your Bogart Road Race tires legal and ok for street use. WIll the bend
Old 01-16-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Tom post up some pic's of those Floyd's..........
I will brother The car will have a new stance too
Old 01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

If you guys only knew the real Floyd ha ha. That dude is a riot.

I was wanting to get a set this year for my car. It sucks they went up. I just hope I rake in some serious cash at my wedding in May.

The wa I look at it her wedding set is gonna be a little over $7000 so I can get some Bogart's right?

Quick Reply: Bogart PRICE INCREASE FORTHCOMING!!!!