LS1 guys, get in here! CHEAP horsepower!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 guys, get in here! CHEAP horsepower!

Since the demand has been here lately for guys wanting a quick 25-40 rwhp without any tuning, we have developed an inexpensive way to achieve that! LS2 camshafts for you LS1 guys! Now I know the LS2 cam doesnt have the reluctor ring the LS1/LS6 cam has, so we went a step further and built a package that includes all the parts necessary!!

Package includes the following:

LS2 camshaft (used with minimal mileage)
LS2 valvesprings and retainers (also used)
LS2 front cover
LS2 timing gear and new LS2 Heavy Duty timing chain
Cam position sensor
new front cover gasket and crank seal

This makes installation straight forward and easy to do! The only other thing necessary is to lengthen the stock cam position sensor harness to the front of the engine, or for $19.99 we will include a new GM pigtail.

Price shipped to your door is $349!

No other part offered for your car can give the performance this gives for that amount of money, plus allow you to safely rev to 6600 rpm and take advantage of the better power!
these are all in stock and ready to ship right now!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyno on this package would be fun to see...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Isn't the LS2 cam the same specs as the '01 ZO6 cam? Wouldn't a cheaper, more powerful solution be an 02+ ZO6 cam?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

yeah but it does look like a nice deal given all the parts included. though i cant imagine tuning would not be needed for the full potential to be revealed. looks like a nice package for the money. good deal guys
Old 07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Raise
yeah but it does look like a nice deal given all the parts included. though i cant imagine tuning would not be needed for the full potential to be revealed. looks like a nice package for the money. good deal guys
Tuning would be needed to get the rev limiter to the appropriate RPM range

As far as price comparo to the LS6 setup, GM sells that combo for about $400 and it does NOT include the new timing chain Im happy to take the timing chain out of the package as well which will save $35.00... it isnt required but its good maintenence since its all apart anyways!

on my 05 C6, we did 399 rwhp and 400 rwtq with just bolt ons and stock cam tuned for 91 octane, so might be able to get close with LS6 heads and this package
Old 07-14-2006, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

400 for new sure, but you said used. You can get a used LS6 cam with springs for like $125-$150. No extra parts needed. Not sure on timing set. Sounds like a decent pakage for a little more power but hardly seems worth the work IMO.

Those are good numbers for SI on your C6 BTY.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Where is a package of my LT1 :-(
Old 07-14-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
400 for new sure, but you said used. You can get a used LS6 cam with springs for like $125-$150. No extra parts needed. Not sure on timing set. Sounds like a decent pakage for a little more power but hardly seems worth the work IMO.

I know exactly what youre saying as far as price, however 90% of these cams and springs have less then 5,000 miles on them as they are all out of 05/06 cars! As far as the power gains go, a lot of people dont have access to tuning, dont want the loud sewing machine sound from stiffer valvesprings, and just want a little more power for fun! Not to mention these cams work GREAT with forced induction and nitrous
Old 07-15-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BADSZ28

thats a good point, it does seem like a lotta work for the gain. but once again, a nice lil package for the money.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Launching!

I am really curious in this setup.

What would be the difference in power compared to the LS6 cam combo?

This is a daily driver, all I want is it to be quiet as possible with some good gains. With your combo would a tune be necessary?

Also can the stock bottom end handle that rpm? I heard people spinning a bearing or something by over reving.

Current mods are lid, cai, and catback.

I don't plan on doing headers or y-pipe. But I will port my stock TB.

Edit: Will i need to upgrade my pushrods?

Thanks

Last edited by Ubergeist; 07-15-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ubergeist
I am really curious in this setup.

What would be the difference in power compared to the LS6 cam combo?

This is a daily driver, all I want is it to be quiet as possible with some good gains. With your combo would a tune be necessary?

Also can the stock bottom end handle that rpm? I heard people spinning a bearing or something by over reving.

Current mods are lid, cai, and catback.

I don't plan on doing headers or y-pipe. But I will port my stock TB.

Edit: Will i need to upgrade my pushrods?

Thanks
90% of our packages rev to 6800+ rpm! bottom end is fine... as far as pushrods go, you dont NEED them, but theres never anything wrong with adding them for precaution!

This package will produce the same numbers as the LS6 package... for those looking to save a few bucks, I can cut out the timing chain and all the new gaskets which will cut the costs down, but my rule of thumb is while youre in there, change em all!

Quick Reply: LS1 guys, get in here! CHEAP horsepower!