Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sail panal subs to speakers??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sail panal subs to speakers??

can i elete the sail panal subs and just replace them with regular speakers?? is it worth it and any negative affects??
Old 01-02-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats what i did before i just re did the whole system.....it wil work i used rockford punch 6 inch speakers hope that helps
Old 01-02-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

what do you mean by "regular speakers"? If you mean coaxials then the answer is no if you have the stock monsoon amp because only low frequencies get passed to those speaker. Also, if you think you will be upgrading the sound quality by putting coaxials or components there then you are mistaken. You only want to have the bass/midbass coming from behind you. If you want better sound quality on a budget get some CL-61CV components and CDT midbass drivers or bazooka subs for the sail panel, they should work well on the stock amp, oh yeah, ditch the hatch speakers.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

if u still have the stock monsoon u can put a small amp to power ur sail coaxial speakers, but please dont coz u will have too much sound (treb)
Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Sure you can, just do what I did (prior to getting a real system), go and look at the stickies for the monsoon amp wiring guide, and chop the wires between the head and amp, as well as the ones going from the amp to the sail panels, splice em together... and instant regular sound... granted they wont be as loud as whatever speakers you leave attached to the amp, but at least they will work.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did that with my system!
I took the hatch speakers and sail panel speakers and wired them togather both with 4 ohm speakers so that i have a total resistance of 2 ohms and brought back to an aftermarket amp(alpine). It sounds great!
PM me if you need help. i have pictures and diagrams.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Launching!

right now i have 3 jl w1s and rockford 1500 watt amp and 2 farad capacitor, front speakers are new alpine type s's but when i blast the radio i can still talk over it like its really not loud and it gets me annoyed because it sounds like half way when its all the way up? what can i do to bump up the volume amp the speakers?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS SIKZ
right now i have 3 jl w1s and rockford 1500 watt amp and 2 farad capacitor, front speakers are new alpine type s's but when i blast the radio i can still talk over it like its really not loud and it gets me annoyed because it sounds like half way when its all the way up? what can i do to bump up the volume amp the speakers?
pretty sure those speakers need to be amplified. My type Rs require 100 watts RMS in order to sound any better than the stock speakers
Old 01-03-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont bother. then it has to be coaxials. certain frequencies bounce off the rear window and get to you well. also, you can have components back there which sound better than coaxials. i just installed 6.5 polk components in front and rear hatch and def worth it.