Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need advice on a complete system!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on a complete system!!!!

ok guys here it is..for all you fellas that know way more than i do in this category..i had a system in my old 98 ta but sold it all before i deployed to iraq AGAIN..we'll i got another T/A and just wanted to see what options i can go with this time around..my last ride i had a pioneer head unit,db drive component speakers mids and highs,2 10" JL W3,with box of course, 4ch DB DRIVE NOT SURE OF THE WATTS i forgot,and a DB drive mono block amp to run my subs.it sounded great i loved it,i spent 1,200 for the whole system installed an all..
My question to you guys is simply this... i listen to alot of country when im alone in my car soo i did have a bass boost for that last time.. i also listen to rap,reaggaton,lil bit of alternative..im sticking with 10"subs JL i didnt mind them but if u guys say there is better out there let me know..i need recommendations on the following....
amp to run my subs...brand/watts???
amp to run my speakers..brand/watt
10"subs??? brand/watt
head unit???
component speakers??? brand/watt

thanks for your time guys..i'll be looking foward to see what options you guys give me..i'll try and keep it under 2gs...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Teching In

when it comes to subs/amps the most watts is not always the best i had a 600 watt kicker mono wit 400 watt memphis subs in my suv and it sounded glass shattering. matching up ohms i thinks more important. what iam trying to say is you dont gotta break the bank for a great system. Brands i would recommend are pioneer- head unit, memphis- for speakers,subs,and amp if you can afford it, kicker/mtx- for subs amp. as for wattage building it yourself may not get the best sound ask around if you have a shop that specializes in car audio what wattage and ohms for what you wanna hear. got me amazing results.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Teching In

I currently couldn't be happier with my Pioneer HU + Kicker everything else (speakers, sub, amps) setup... It has been in for only a couple of weeks now and it rocks. I can't take it past 50% volume while in the car without considering it too loud (no distortion).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...lete-pics.html
Old 08-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Teching In

Alpine!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget almost everything said above. $2k? That'll get you a daaaamn nice system.

Front speakers: Rainbow CS-265 X-Plain Pro - ~$500
Subwoofer: Fi Q12 ~$275 (The Q10 is also a great choice if you don't want a custom 12" box)
Subwoofer box: Custom from Kee Audio ~$130
Sub amplifier: Kenwood x1200m ~$300
Front amplifier: Eclipse EA4200 ~$200
Head unit: Eclipse or Pioneer or Alpine or whatever really, your choice.

Will be an AWESOME system.

Cut out the sail panel and hatch speakers completely. IF you have people in the back seat AND you listen to music while you do then you can get some regular speakers for there. Don't bother putting in just woofers because the 12" will take care of everything. Don't even think about using hatch speakers.

If you want to cut the budget, then we should cut from the amps. I recommended you efficient but not too expensive ones. Class D all around. Won't kill your alternator so much.

Last edited by dragonrage; 08-07-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...tall-pics.html

but go with different sail speakers
Old 08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

That system's not even close to the one I just listed. I'd say it's good for the OP to have options money-wise, but I don't like that it wasted money on speakers that are unnecessary. Not only that, but the front speakers are merely so-so, the sail speakers are Junk, and the subwoofer is junk.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Launching!

also consider a 5 channel amp to run the whole system.save money and space.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

I like 5 channel amps too (I have a JL 500/5) but keep in mind you're going to get like 250W for the subwoofer if you use one. If that's fine then I do recommend that route. My Q12 still got really loud on the 500/5, but the subwoofer could have gone further still.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

the amp puts out at 1 x 400 Watts @2 Ohm 13.8 Volts.
nothing wrong with the component type-r ,true they have a very sharp highs but still good