Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

replacing factory speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing factory speakers

I recently picked up a 2000 Z28 with a factory audio set-up that I am in the process of swapping out. The radio is gone and i have a new sony headunit with bluetooth now. Radio works great, speakers sound like trash. I'm well informed as far as speaker selection goes, but will I have to rewire each speaker from the head unit? I still have monsoon amp running the stocks, but not sure if I should use it for the new ones. HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-FREAK-21
I recently picked up a 2000 Z28 with a factory audio set-up that I am in the process of swapping out. The radio is gone and i have a new sony headunit with bluetooth now. Radio works great, speakers sound like trash. I'm well informed as far as speaker selection goes, but will I have to rewire each speaker from the head unit? I still have monsoon amp running the stocks, but not sure if I should use it for the new ones. HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE
Don't touch anything until you visit kee audio! Leave the monsoon alone its fine:

subs give great bass and he can steer you in the right direction for door spekers

http://keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im going to subscribe, i want to do the same thing.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

You absolutely do not have to rewire anything just to replace door speakers. Also, the Monsoon amp is about the only audio component on the car that is worth a damn. It's not powerful but it works decently enough.

I've got 6.5" Polk Audio component speakers in my doors right now. Didn't have to rewire anything. Sound spectacular matched with a 10" subwoofer sitting in the hatch behind the rear seats.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Teching In

I've changed the fronts to some Kenwoods, kept the sails, and put 4x6's in the rears, with a Xplode 12 on the hatch ledge, it sounds amazing. I want to get the kit from keeaudio though... The ones I have wired in the fronts aren't right... They pop/click at mid to high volumes if you wire them up to all of the stock wires. I just have highs up front, but I like it =)
Old 10-31-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

anyone actually running the kee audio package?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Im ordering them tonight, I will see how it goes!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostintheshell
anyone actually running the kee audio package?
Hundreds of members have used the 2 systems and others I've done custom over the course of 3+ years.
There are many threads about the systems I put together and reviews on the packages.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:15 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also looking are replacing my stock speakers. I have read the sticky's but all the speakers recommend are not made anymore....

I was thinking about running Pioneer TS-A1782R speakers in the front as i read a review a member used the older model of these and liked them a lot, and the specs looked good on them. Wasn't sure what to use in the sail panels, or for the 4" speakers in the back.

Any advice on a good speakers for door and sail panels? I figured for the 4" ones I'd just find a cheap set.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Launching!

keeaudio all the way, call him or email him...

Excellent support and definitely very knowledgeable with f bodies.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

How do the Kee audio premium speakers compare to something like pioneer or eclipse? Those are the only two companies that I hear a lot about. I see Kee posting on here all the time and would like to give him my business.