Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

best 12" sub to go with a 1000 bd rockford fosgate amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oerllikon
All of these subs listed above are great!
But... I know for a fact that an alpine Type R will handle 1000 rms, and cave your chest in simultaneously. My brother had this setup with an MRP-1000, and It sounded better with one sub, even though the type Rs are rated for 500. A type R will typically run about 75 on craigslist.
Most of the time its how you power it, and your amp will do that very well
I would probably run that in a vented box tuned to about 32 hz, because the Voice coils will get warm and need to breathe
Good luck!

EDIT: Whoops, didnt realize this thread was this old..
The Alpine R looks like a Walmart Special when compared to either the RE or ID sub posted above. It's like comparing a Chevette to a new ZR1!

(I am an Alpine fan too, I've used their stuff since the mid 90's and always been impressed; but those RE/ID subs are a completely different league)
Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do yourself a favor and listen to a jl audio w7. People like to talk **** about them since they do cost a little bit, but fact is you get what you pay for with them. Very very musical sub the sq is outstanding and the spl is right there with it

You get yourself 1 13w7 wired up at .75ohm with some good electrical off 1000rms watts and your will not complain. That was my first setup in my Camaro.

I only had a sealed box and it was loud. I could only imagine if you ported the box and tuned it low.

Oh yea 12w7s are very good too 10s are nice I'd get 2 if you go that way.

If you don't want jl audio the other company I would HIGHLY recommend is digital designs. They have a 2500 series that is good, the 3500 is probley more than you need. If you want it loud tho they have 9500 series. Now those bad boys are the real deal. Fully upgraded (supercharged, carbon fiber dust cap, ect) can take 4000rms all day. Check out their m4a amps they are like 7,000 watts! You better have amazing electrical to get into the dd game tho.

Pm me if you want some more info about either of these companies or any other.

Quick Reply: best 12" sub to go with a 1000 bd rockford fosgate amp