Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon/alarm delete?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default monsoon/alarm delete?

My car is pretty much stripped to the tub, and I've ALWAYS had problems with my security and vats. I will be wiring an entire new sound system in when the interior goes back together. I'm just having trouble finding a wiring diagram. im losing track of what's what once the harness goes into the giant loom in the center behind the dash. All I need is to figure out how to safely remove all this useless wiring. Can anyone help?

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 08-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If you are doing that much work, you should purchase the Factory Service Manuals from Helm, Inc. They will contain every diagram for the car.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

VATS and the optional alarm/security system are not related to the sound system at all. The alarm and VATS are controlled by the BCM. The pinout list for the BCM is posted here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/11633365-post7.html

The wiring pinout list for the head unit and amp are in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section.

As wssix99 said, the factory manuals from Helms are the best way to go but they are expensive. You can still find Haynes manuals for our cars. They have schematics that are mostly accurate but always worth double checking with a meter and they are much less expensive than the factory manuals.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can find Manuals for you car on Ebay for a Good price, that's where i got mine. If you plan on working on your own then these books are a Must Have.