Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Middle speakers/subs size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle speakers/subs size?

i have a 99 camaro ss and was hoping to upgrade the factory subs to something a little bit better with a little bit more of a kick to the bass. i read the sticky for the 6.5 in (EU 700 i think) subs, but didnt like how it wasnt a exact fitment into the panel. anyone have an aftermarket sub that fits into the panel easily? i dont mind splicing the wires and all but i seriously just wanna remove the faceplate from the panel, disconnect the factory subs, connect the new ones, and put the faceplate back into the panel.

i tried googling it, but everytime subs come up, its all the big ones like 8 in and above, or they come with boxes. maybe im not googling the write words but hoping someone gets what im talking about lol
Old 03-03-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonLS1noob
i have a 99 camaro ss and was hoping to upgrade the factory subs to something a little bit better with a little bit more of a kick to the bass. i read the sticky for the 6.5 in (EU 700 i think) subs, but didnt like how it wasnt a exact fitment into the panel. anyone have an aftermarket sub that fits into the panel easily? i dont mind splicing the wires and all but i seriously just wanna remove the faceplate from the panel, disconnect the factory subs, connect the new ones, and put the faceplate back into the panel.

i tried googling it, but everytime subs come up, its all the big ones like 8 in and above, or they come with boxes. maybe im not googling the write words but hoping someone gets what im talking about lol
Kicker and Bazooka..... Kicker from Amazon and Bazooka's from Kee audio
Old 03-03-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

CDT makes a couple models of SVC 6.5" midbass that will fit.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Audiopipe TS-AR6 is another choice .Has a very nice tight punch.
http://audiopipe.com/products/subwoo...ar/ts-ar6.html
Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KEVS98LS1
Audiopipe TS-AR6 is another choice .Has a very nice tight punch.
http://audiopipe.com/products/subwoo...ar/ts-ar6.html
This one looks really nice. Is this the one u have by any chance? If u do, was their any problems installing it?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Yes i have these. Very easy to install. One hole did not line up but i just used 4 new self tap sheet metal screws. I hate those factory clips. Another thing ive done was stuff some insulation down behind the woofer to fill all that space and also taped up the hole that led to the back of the car. All in all it produced a tight sound with a real good punch.
Attached Thumbnails Middle speakers/subs size?-audiopipe.jpg  

Last edited by KEVS98LS1; 03-05-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KEVS98LS1
Yes i have these. Very easy to install. One hole did not line up but i just used 4 new self tap sheet metal screws. I hate those factory clips. Another thing ive done was stuff some insulation down behind the woofer to fill all that space and also taped up the hole that led to the back of the car. All in all it produced a tight sound with a real good punch.
I'm sold! Thx for replies guys and the help. Shall be googling these for prices. Thx again
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You didn't mention what car you have. You should know that the Camaros are single voice coil like the AudioPipe model listed, where the Firebird/Trans Am had dual voice coil on the subs. Also the Camaro is 2-ohm where the Pontiac is two 4-ohm connections (this may be of less importance, but you probably don't want a 2-ohm on the Pontiac).

I'm glad you asked this question though, as I have a bit of flutter in my driver's side sub at loud volumes and I want to swap them out too. I've already replaced both with the factory butyl rubber speakers instead of the original foam, but that was some time ago. I have Rockford Fosgate component speakers in my doors and I love them. I'd go with RF for the subs too, but they don't make anything that small. The closest they have is the P3SD4-8, which is 8" and so new that you can't get them anywhere. I'd have to check if these could even fit with a little trimming of the factory metal.

Quick Reply: Middle speakers/subs size?