Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electronic/radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electronic/radio problem

After replacing the bulbs in my monsoon radio and putting it back in: the dash cluster, radio, fog and asr lights all went out. I changed a possibly blown fuse and the dash cluster worked but the others stayed out. Ater I start it and put the headlights on the blue radio time/station display goes out. If the headlights are turned off the blue numeric display goes on. The rest of the radio lights do not work as the fog/asr lights continue to stay out. While the bulbs dont work everything does function-radio, asr, and fog. Please help.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Staging Lane

This is gonna sound silly, but check your dimmer. It sounds like it got turned down.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:05 AM
Staging Lane

I did and wasnt the problem. thanks though
Old 02-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Which fuse did you check? There are two fuses related to the instrument panel lights - the TAIL LPS fuse and the IP DIMMER fuse.

Replace those two fuses, unplug your radio and see if everything works. If so then something is wrong in the radio. Check for shorts to ground around the bulbs you installed. Note that if you replaced the factory bulbs with LEDs but didn't install resistors, that is the same as a short to ground.

Quick Reply: Electronic/radio problem