Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

EBAY Wholesalers lists?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EBAY Wholesalers lists?????

Anyone bought into these things, it kinda sounds fishy to me, as to exactly how good of a deal you'll actually get. I've seen them for anywhere from 6 bucks up to like a hundred or two maybe? If you could get a really good deal it would be cool, but there is already guys with the new Kenwood on there for 1,000 less than retail, i mean dang $888 bucks ain't bad for a brand new unit. Any info you guys have would be awesome, i didn't check the search i know, but figured you guys would like to help a guy out, and raise your post count..
Old 12-07-2004, 04:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have seen those but I have never bought into it. To me it seems that if it was so easy/cheap, they would be selling it theirselves. Im sure you have to be a business with an assumed name. Most manufactures want a store front and a LARGE $$$ inital order. Some even have territorial restrictions
Old 12-07-2004, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

I think ebay's got rules against bum sellers... See if they've got any reviews for sales of that sort of thing. I bought my amp and speakers (but not the subs) from a couple of ebay wholesale stores and they look/work great. Nothing shady about them
Old 12-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Even if you had the contacts, you still need a business ID# in order to buy from wholesalers. It's just a scam to turn a buck.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As a mobile electronics dealer I can verify that you need a tax id # to buy from wholesalers. You dont have to have a minimum intial order with any of the 4 distributors sthat I use though although one of them has a $100 minimum order or its a 5 dollar fee.

What some of the people that let you buy in to wholesale works 2 ways.

The first way is that they just supply you with a list of all or most of the wholesalers in the country. You still have to have a business liscense to buy from the wholesalers once you know where the wholesalers are and how to contact them.

The second way is some dealers will let you pay a fee and then sell to you near dealer cost or maybe even true dealer cost depending on how much volume they do they can get it below dealer cost. If they do enough volume then they can sell it to you at dealer cost and still make a small profit since they are getting it for a discounted dealer price.

There is a flea market in Columbia, SC where a dude that sells mobile electronics can beat any dealer price sheet. I took him my Audiobahn dealer price sheet and he was beating some of the prices by 100 bucks on the expensive stuff. He must be a long time customer of some very good distributor is all I know unless its hot. I know he aint buying direct because that usually cost more.

Let me give you this piece of advice since I dont think any of the sponsors dabble in stereo business. Go to Ikesound.com and check their prices. If you dont see what you want call and ask for Anthony.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have had very good experiences with Idesound.com.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think nothing is wrong with buying off ebay..For instance with my sound system i've purchased the {715}kenwood dvd/cd flip out head unit which ZYA_LTR is talking about. Paid 1200 when it first came out {BRAND NEW}on ebay ship same day and arrive next day{next day delivary}..Dealer around my area wanted 1800...So I personally don't think there's nothing wrong with purchasing nothing off ebay...{Quote check seller feedback and rating before buying}
Old 12-08-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I found one of those list in a google cache. It had an nice seller paragraph so I knew its one of the ones sold on ebay. It was garbage. It listed site like thezeb.com but not any real wholesalers, just shops that tend to be cheap, but I mean, that speaks for this particular list, but I would imagine the rest are similar.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

ahah good luck, do u guys really think u can order from a manufacturer like Alpine for small orders? Get real fellas, if that were the case Alpine would not be able to sell their stuff at retail. Alot of companies want buy ins, sometimes between 200-250k$ in merchandise. they dont dick around with you for a head unit. Trust me, i know because I know teh largest pia online distributor and they had a 200k$ buyin jsut to be able to get their merch at dealer cost. It is a scam, anyone can get a wholesaler license, but not many people are willing to buy into a company. If it didnt work like that everybody would have a wholesaler license to get their stuff dirt cheap.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone CAN get their liscense and buy at dealer cost

you might not be able to buy direct from the major brands because 1st they have to authorize you to even sell it

most stores go through distributors and their is no " buy in"
Old 12-09-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

even through distributors at higher prices, they want bulk sales, they wont simply sell you a deck and call it a day. THey want committed retailers buying from them. Try to get a dynamat pack from all the Distributors in San Jose, California, they wont sell you just 1, they want to move product, and nickels and dimes dont help them. If you guys can find a distributor whos willing to give you lets say a flipout tv at slight markup, let me know, cuz for me it will be a first.