Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pics of my new setup....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of my new setup....

Ya know... when ya spend this much money, you have to brag some.. lol

I have to repaint the small amp because the automotive tape I used pulled the paint off and I think the purple is too thick. I need less coats. Dont mind the mess, my vacume and good camara werent home today I also have to find an adhesion promoter for the aluminum caps because the paint doesnt want to stick for some reason. The big amp will look like the small one when Im done with it.

Old 02-11-2006, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Looks like a real tight set-up, how's it sound? You did a hell of a job!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:53 PM

It hits hard enough to hurt The speakers havent broken in yet. Ive only had it working for about 2 days now. I read somewhere that they need about a week to break in. I have Infinity Kappa 6.5 2 ways in the sails and front.

Thanks for the props!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good, i am working on a nice system my self.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Country Boy
It hits hard enough to hurt
Thanks for the props!

woohoo, looks good.

I see you have a sumpthump.com box.

They did mine too and was going to send them a pic. I will be posting some pics on mine. Just waiting for the head unit to come in and the other amp. No room, lol, the kx-650.4 is going in where the spare tire is. I don't think my kx-350.4 will be enough power for the two pair of components.

Can't decide to go with kicker ss65.2s, mb quart qsc-216s (2005 models), or focals.

I stuck my other battery in the comparment on the left hand side.

I did two kicker L7 15" (2006 models, but I really wanted the 2005 chrome models and couldn't find them) and the kx2500.1 (almost 31" long) They think it will hit 165db with an aftermarket radio I am talking hard enough to take your breath away even with the factory radio.

Last edited by wickedwarlock; 02-16-2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little too agressive for my tastes but it coordinates very well.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Does it rattle the interior or body panels? I hear cars sometimes with a woofer plunked in and the panels and going BZZZzzzZZZ and just think, what's the point?
Old 02-17-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Does it rattle the interior or body panels? I hear cars sometimes with a woofer plunked in and the panels and going BZZZzzzZZZ and just think, what's the point?
I am not sure about his, but the original owner dynomatted the car I own. You can't hear anything rattling inside. But it rattles a little outside still, not much to do at this point but to dynomat the lower panels outside, lol.

You have to understand, it's a hobby. I find it funny that people spend $150 to go play on a golf course. They will spend their $60 bucks on shoes, and $2500 for a set of clubs. Yet, I am no pro, but I can hit the ball the same with house clubs on someones $2500 clubs and I am in a pair of running shoes, lol. Each to their own, entertainment just isn't cheap. It's just whatever you like to do.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Looks good. Nice set-up.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

good looking set-up
Old 02-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Teching In

looks pretty good..id ditch that cap tho.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

looks really good.........
Old 02-17-2006, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
woohoo, looks good.

I see you have a sumpthump.com box.

They did mine too and was going to send them a pic. I will be posting some pics on mine. Just waiting for the head unit to come in and the other amp. No room, lol, the kx-650.4 is going in where the spare tire is. I don't think my kx-350.4 will be enough power for the two pair of components.

Can't decide to go with kicker ss65.2s, mb quart qsc-216s (2005 models), or focals.

I stuck my other battery in the comparment on the left hand side.

I did two kicker L7 15" (2006 models, but I really wanted the 2005 chrome models and couldn't find them) and the kx2500.1 (almost 31" long) They think it will hit 165db with an aftermarket radio I am talking hard enough to take your breath away even with the factory radio.
Wow! Now thats going to be a setup! I looked at the 2500.1, but that was too much for me
Old 02-17-2006, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by SmokeySS

It doesnt rattle the interior panels, but it does some on the outters, but with the car running, you cant hear any rattles over the exhaust. Even if it rattled the interior ones, youd never if it was the system or all the poly mounts I have (engine, tranny, LCAs, etc..) I have to track down the rattles yet and fix them.

Whats the point? Whats the point to make 430 HP? Whats the point to run 10s?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Matt281
looks pretty good..id ditch that cap tho.
Reason? It works pretty damn good actually and has a .0016 ESR so it doesnt hamper anything.

Thanks for the props yall!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Reason? It works pretty damn good actually and has a .0016 ESR so it doesnt hamper anything.

Thanks for the props yall!
Your alt has to charge your battery when the voltage dips, it now has to charge that cap aswell. They're a huge marketing gimmick.
You can get the same results from upgrading the underhood wiring with some 4g or 1/0 "big 3"....looks like you already have the - battery to chassis done.
Not trying to down on your set-up at all, man.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looking good man.........
Old 02-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Good looking setup, how much did it cost you? And some other questions....how big are those speakers, and where can I get a box like that for 2 twelve inch fosgates? they require 1.25 per speaker. And as far as the cap goes, do not get rid of it! That would be stupid! Now you do not necessarily have to run it, but when the speaker asks for juice, and they need it now...sometmes it robs from the other componets in the car...headlights mostly! So you go down the road blinkin without the cap! It does not necessarily stop the fading totally, but it really helps. You could run more batteries though. And you spent thousands on that system, but you forgot the most IMPORTANT part...THE OPTIMA BATTERIES!!!!One red under the hood, and a yellow out back.....thats my recomendation. But at least run one more if you already arent. Also that post about having to charge the cap...one its full its no biggie on the alternator. cause then the alternator then has to just fill up what has been used....Also what is the biggest speakers I can run in my 02 without obstructing my rear window?

***i would guess you spent around 5 large***
Old 02-20-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man! What a trick job. Done in a workmanlike fashion.

Back that puppy up to my garage, oper her up, and we'll pop a few tops!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by macdaddyZ28
Good looking setup, how much did it cost you? And some other questions....how big are those speakers, and where can I get a box like that for 2 twelve inch fosgates? they require 1.25 per speaker. And as far as the cap goes, do not get rid of it! That would be stupid! Now you do not necessarily have to run it, but when the speaker asks for juice, and they need it now...sometmes it robs from the other componets in the car...headlights mostly! So you go down the road blinkin without the cap! It does not necessarily stop the fading totally, but it really helps. You could run more batteries though. And you spent thousands on that system, but you forgot the most IMPORTANT part...THE OPTIMA BATTERIES!!!!One red under the hood, and a yellow out back.....thats my recomendation. But at least run one more if you already arent. Also that post about having to charge the cap...one its full its no biggie on the alternator. cause then the alternator then has to just fill up what has been used....Also what is the biggest speakers I can run in my 02 without obstructing my rear window?

***i would guess you spent around 5 large***
caps are bandaids, the guy above said it correctly, all marketing. The best improvent is going to a deep cycle battery and depending on the power your pulling, you may need two.

If your going to change them, get two yellow tops, not one red and one yellow. The yellow ones are deep cycle batteries, the red one is not.
And the alternator will be the best upgrade. The biggest I could find is 275amp, it does 135amps at idle. $449 plus shipping and the $25 for the extra 4 guage wire to the battery.

15" inch woofers fit fine.