Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My alarm goes off when I open the door.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My alarm goes off when I open the door.

Everytime I lock my car, and I unlock it, and open the door, the alarm goes off. I have the fuse to the horn pulled out to avoid embarrassment. It's always done this, and I don't know why. Moving into Phoenix pretty soon, and would like to 1. have a horn to honk at mother F%&*ers that pull out in front of me, and 2. have a legitimate security alarm.

It stops when I put the key in the ignition, and turn it.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks a lot,

-Ronnie
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

My friends 00 Ta does this also, because he cant unlock the door with his keyless entry because the battery's went dead in the remote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

That must be it, It probably had keyless entry before, and the dude lost the remote or something. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Thanks man. I guess sometimes you just need an elbow to the side to make you think straight.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You can buy replacement remotes on eBay and program to match the car. Programming instructions are in the owner's manual and posted in the FAQ sticky at the top of the forum.

Instead of disabling the horn you could have just programmed the alarm off. Alarm programming instructions are also in the owner's manual and posted in this thread.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=junkindatrunkmx6;8941221]Everytime I lock my car, and I unlock it, and open the door, the alarm goes off. I have the fuse to the horn pulled out to avoid embarrassment. It's always done this, and I don't know why. Moving into Phoenix pretty soon, and would like to 1. have a horn to honk at mother F%&*ers that pull out in front of me, and 2. have a legitimate security alarm.

It stops when I put the key in the ignition, and turn it.

Anybody know what's going on?

Mine did the same thing..You have to go into programming mode to shut the alarm off or change the setting..But without the remote it will do it everytime you unlock the door by key..Its very easy to do.I just disabled mine..
Old 03-19-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

you have to get the right remote tho have Gm look up you Last 8 vin digits and he can tell you which one will work. my transmitter went bad as well and i was having to lock it like that then open with key.. you have to unlock it then jump in and turn the key to Acc so it wonk honk.. if you unlock the pass side it will automaticlly go off right when you open the door
Old 03-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The remote part number is 16245100. It is stamped on the back of the remote so you can be certain if you get the right one.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

you have like 15 seconds (maybe long, i dont recall exactly) to put the key in the ignition or the alarm will go off. Get in your car faster..lol
Old 08-14-2023, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Black99T\A
My friends 00 Ta does this also, because he cant unlock the door with his keyless entry because the battery's went dead in the remote
I'm having the same issue. And I put a brand new battery in my remote and it did not work.

Quick Reply: My alarm goes off when I open the door.