Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5 Zo6 vs. Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5z28
Via Tesla? My car doesn't take the turns quite as well as yours does
I do like to **** around in the altamount through roads off of grant line, not as narrow and close to the cliffs
Actually if you follow Patterson Pass all the way towards Tracy it cuts through the hills with all the windmills. Very cool drive. Eventually Patterson Pass becomes Mountain House road when it hits 580.

Originally Posted by sslateron
Driver mod, dumdumdum! Also as they say anything can happen on the street. As you can see he took the time to start up an account to come here and brag about his kill. In a "normal" situation he'd just go brag to all his Evo buddies on the forum.
So the master plan was to start an account in August so I could post a kill in October? I'm busted.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Am i reading this right?..

You have an EVO VIII which I am not so sure I even know what that car is.. Looks like a Toyota or something.....I just don't know what the EVO's are, never paid close attention to them I guess? Call my un informed, stupid, whatever, is that Toyota?... What does the EVO have under the hood that is such a good mod base for speed? I understand they are a lightweight imports but damn cleaning an 11 second Z06 by 3 0r 4 car lengths from a dig is just sick and unbelieveable.....

Did I read that right?
You claim to know about skylines, but have no clue what an evo is
Old 10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sslateron
Driver mod, dumdumdum! Also as they say anything can happen on the street. As you can see he took the time to start up an account to come here and brag about his kill. In a "normal" situation he'd just go brag to all his Evo buddies on the forum.
Relax, man. This guy is a good guy. He's posted some informative stuff on here about imports and has never tried to stir the pot.

Nice kill, OP.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Steiner
Eventually Patterson Pass becomes Mountain House road when it hits 580.
I remember back in the day there used to be alot of racing at Mountain House. They should let us race there, the roads are perfect and nobody ever in that area
Old 10-11-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey jibby, you have a car that is basically toyota just another name and you thought an evo was one. 2 the op, if i'm right, an evo 8 has like 286hp and like 287 tq at the motor stock. AWD plus some mods and I could see you launching him, but I don't think you would be able to take him past maybe 90 or so unless you got alot more done than I am giving you credit for. Either way good kill
Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

^ Lol maybe you missed that he has cams, fp green 20g turbo and a few other mods
Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
^ Lol maybe you missed that he has cams, fp green 20g turbo and a few other mods
Yeah i guess I didn't pay enough attention.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Good kill!
Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
I remember back in the day there used to be alot of racing at Mountain House. They should let us race there, the roads are perfect and nobody ever in that area
And less and less people there every week with all those foreclosures. Sorta sad actually but yeah there's plenty of space out there. Construction has been halted and there's freshly paved roads everywhere. There's also Altamont Raceway around here but I haven't been out there yet. Doesn't seem like the new ownership group is big on public track days.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by capn smokey
A 335whp 3200lb car beating a 370+whp 3100lb car from a roll??? Im not calling calling you a liar but it prolly wont happen again so enjoy it, good story though.
Remember the 335 was on a MD so they're probably not really 35 HP difference here. Add in the gearing differences and driver differences and it's believable.

Quick Reply: C5 Zo6 vs. Evo VIII