Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GP GXP vs. Integra with cam'd type R DC5 engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkZ28559
+1 K series swap to much work+ money. Go with the B series It,ll cost alittle more than D series But more potential for HP. If i were to buy another Honda/Acura it would be strictly for a DD. I,m saving up to mod my Z28 gave up on trying to build fast imports.
its' really all on what you want...sure a k-series cost a bit more than a b-series, but it takes alot of money and work for the b-series to make up for what a stock k-series can do. I've had my k-series hatch for over 3 years now and all i can say is that almost everyone i've raced and beated or tried beating me has their car still on jack stands, and/or blown their motor once or twice trying to win. it's all in what you want...i'm just a go-fast junkie... i'm not just about going fast in a straight line but at the same time around turns as well. i'm really opened minded about cars...anything can be built fast and nice with money... but if you really want something fast and cheap...get a bike...i can't stress that enough...once you've felt the power , there's no turning back.

One of the reasons i like ls1 motors so much...they have great potential in nearly stock form and can do so much with the right tools...I had friends with ws6's and ss's and i've not beaten the ones that have the same mods as i do or yet sometimes in stock form. but i've beaten those who can't drive them right. can't even out launch a front wheel drive...don't get me wrong, i've been bus lengthed by some just in 1/8th mile races...
i will own a c6 z06 one day ...even if it means 30 years from now...its on my _to own before i die list...they are sexy as heck and one of the best production cars ever made period...

Last edited by excaliburk20; 10-16-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by excaliburk20
its' really all on what you want...sure a k-series cost a bit more than a b-series, but it takes alot of money and work for the b-series to make up for what a stock k-series can do. I've had my k-series hatch for over 3 years now and all i can say is that almost everyone i've raced and beated or tried beating me has their car still on jack stands, and/or blown their motor once or twice trying to win. it's all in what you want...i'm just a go-fast junkie... i'm not just about going fast in a straight line but at the same time around turns as well. i'm really opened minded about cars...anything can be built fast and nice with money... but if you really want something fast and cheap...get a bike...i can't stress that enough...once you've felt the power , there's no turning back.

One of the reasons i like ls1 motors so much...they have great potential in nearly stock form and can do so much with the right tools...I had friends with ws6's and ss's and i've not beaten the ones that have the same mods as i do or yet sometimes in stock form. but i've beaten those who can't drive them right. can't even out launch a front wheel drive...don't get me wrong, i've been bus lengthed by some just in 1/8th mile races...
i will own a c6 z06 one day ...even if it means 30 years from now...its on my _to own before i die list...they are sexy as heck and one of the best production cars ever made period...
Your are the type of import owner I really respect. You take care of your ****, and aren't the typical ricer that most honda fan bois are. You also aren't brand loyal, and think all domestics suck ***, sadly, unlike most other import owners I've met are.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Teching In

I got respect for you excaliburk20. There are very few import owners that know and understand the limits of their cars. Look at honda tech you can,t ask a simple uninformed question without sum1 bashing you. All the imports out here were i live are all so up their own asses thats why i stopped hangin with them. Now They really are butt hurt their Riced out cars can,t touch this oh well . SPEED COSTS $$$$ HOW FAST CAN YOU GO? PEACE!!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You are nothing more than a big talking internet toolbag with a Honda S2000 that your mommy gave to you. You don't know your *** from a hole in the ground, and you sure as hell don't have ANY real world experience with anything. I'd be surprised if you could change a light bulb. Everything you say it based on something you read or something you heard from someone else. What are you, like 17 years old?? You're a joke.

And yes, I said B18 Civics run 15's. They might run 14's under PERFECT conditions, just like a stock LS1 could hit 12's under perfect conditions. Doesn't happen very often though, so yes, they run 15's. 90% of the guys running them at the track are running 15's, and thats what matters, not what you think they theoretically should run. And as for your GSR, you must have been on a downhill track to get a 2700lb car with 128ft/lbs of torque at 6200RPM to break into the 14's. Or you're just making it up because you've never actually left your mom's basement.
You're wrong. Dead wrong.

1995 Honda Civic Si

B18C5

Header

Exhaust

Intake

2500 lbs

Drag Radials

Street Legal (All components are CARB certified)

13.81 at Sacramento.

A 14.00 is pretty normal to obtain.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Secret

1995 Honda Civic Si

B18C5

Header

Exhaust

Intake

2500 lbs

Drag Radials

13.81 at Sacramento.

I was referring to a regular B18 (B1), not a "Type-R" motor. Obviously thats going to be significantly faster than a regular B18 or GSR motor.

And of the few Type R swaps I have seen, I've never seen one cut a 13.8 or 14.0. That seems way too quick for a car that only has 130ft/lbs of torque at 7500RPM, all its going to do is bog on the launch, especially with drag radials.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Top Secret

1995 Honda Civic Si

B18C5

Header

Exhaust

Intake

2500 lbs

Drag Radials

13.81 at Sacramento.

This my friends is why you by ls1's. Take a moment to reflect...

lol jk...or am i?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
I was referring to a regular B18 (B1), not a "Type-R" motor. Obviously thats going to be significantly faster than a regular B18 or GSR motor.

And of the few Type R swaps I have seen, I've never seen one cut a 13.8 or 14.0. That seems way too quick for a car that only has 130ft/lbs of torque at 7500RPM, all its going to do is bog on the launch, especially with drag radials.
2500lb car with 4.40 or 4.57 gearing helps... I know a guy that ran a 13.7 @ 103mph in his '02 RSX-S with just intake/header/exhaust and a tune. Dynoed 207whp. Which is not too much more than a bolt-on B18C5 would dyno. A bit more torque, but nothing too drastic.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by InEEdSPEED
This my friends is why you by ls1's. Take a moment to reflect...

lol jk...or am i?
I daily a Chevelle, not some 4 banger Honda.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Wesman...you wouldn't happen to have a srt 4 would you?

Moving on to the honda debate...they can be fast, they can be nice, but it is all preference. I personally want a eg hatch with a low boosted d motor for a DD. Fast enough to take down a 96-98 Mustang, and could probably hang with a new edge, and out of boost would still get good gas milage.
Soo much SRT hatred on here. I'm doing what I can to reverse the typical SRT 4 driver stereotype but I think I'm fighting a losing fight. Maybe I should trade my DD SRT in for something with a cooler group of drivers...
Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

No hate from me. I know a guy by the name of Wes with an SRT that is pushing over 400 whp. That car is ******* sick, that is why I was asking. I know he used to be on here, just havn't seen him in a while. ****, I want a white SRT for a DD.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Fast enough to take down a 96-98 Mustang, and could probably hang with a new edge, and out of boost would still get good gas milage.
Whats the point of racing a Ford Edge and a slowest mustang ever 96-98