Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New Nissan GTR got killed last night.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest as far as I know he could have been lying about his mods. I am not familiar enough with the GTR to know if the exhaust was modified. I am hoping to run into him again to maybe get a chance to run on motor. And I would love to go from a dig.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98z28bitcha

Good kill and why dont the just fix the weak drivetrain on GTR?
When you tell your engineers to built the best trans they can for the GTR and its still a piece of ****...there's not much you can really do.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Default lmao

lmao like the finger means your # 1 comment great kill!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Launching!

good **** man
Old 10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** the gtr good kill!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by egoinstigator
Maybe I am misinformed, but I understood that the ECU's on the GTR where still not unlocked... "Custom Tuned" sounds hard to do with that being the case... not to mention how little exhaust will help that car.
Agreed, I thought that they were "untuneable" or whatever.

He was probably a little butthurt, but what do you expect when you pay 70k for a car with enough technology to keep someone on life support, and you are on equal footing with a Z06 corvette...which is still using 50 year old technology in the engine.

Good Kill
Old 10-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Teching In

I heard that Porsche actually bought a GTR brand new from the showroom and took it to the Nurburgring. Porsche did many laps with their own professional racing driver but they couldn't even get the car within 25 sec of the time Nissan said it could run.

Nissan couldn't even let the car stand on its actual performance, they had to cheat to overhype it.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shadowcide
I heard that Porsche actually bought a GTR brand new from the showroom and took it to the Nurburgring. Porsche did many laps with their own professional racing driver but they couldn't even get the car within 25 sec of the time Nissan said it could run.

Nissan couldn't even let the car stand on its actual performance, they had to cheat to overhype it.

I heard the same thing. A legit company like Porsche doesn't need to throw out bullshit numbers, their cars actually perform as advertised.

The GTR is nothing more than an overweight GT car with too many electronic nannies, its not a sports car by any sense of the word.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Village Idiot

You know that Tranny problem with the GTR has only been reported on three owners, and that failure is most likely caused by driver misuse... Just to let you guys the real deal on Nissan GTR's tranny issues..... That rumor is getting blown out of porportion big time... There would be an immediate recall from Nissan if it was that bad...

Curious, what shot are you running to house this modified GTR from a roll? Nice kill man, you must have one really fast Camaro, I am jealous!!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

BJ's car isn't that fast lol.

Good kill bro!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

****** nice kill dude. Hes pissed becouse he way over paid for a ricer and got the **** smoked outta him.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

nice. He's probably on some Nissan Website. Lets find him and finish him off. LOL
Old 10-29-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
You know that Tranny problem with the GTR has only been reported on three owners, and that failure is most likely caused by driver misuse... Just to let you guys the real deal on Nissan GTR's tranny issues..... That rumor is getting blown out of porportion big time... There would be an immediate recall from Nissan if it was that bad...

Curious, what shot are you running to house this modified GTR from a roll? Nice kill man, you must have one really fast Camaro, I am jealous!!!!!
You don't have a clue.

Three owners?? My friend works at a Nissan dealership, and they're already had 1/3 cars sold come back with a completely blown transmission. Its not blown out of proportion at all, the only thing you need to do is use the launch control and you're driving a ticking time bomb.

There is no recall because Nissan doesn't cover damage caused by using the launch control, its "use at your own risk", as it states right in the manual. So when the trans blows, it will cost you $20,000 to get a new one at the dealer. And they can tell you used launch control from the PCM's black box, which records information from the time of failure.

Stop swinging on Nissans nuts and trying to downplay the fact that the transmissions are garbage, its a huge flaw.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a GTR at E-Town in +300'DA.. I don't rememeber if he used the launch control?? he does have a couple mods, (don't ask, because i don't remember) car is quick but no way in hell a match for what the OP has, my almost stock brick would run close to what they run if i still had my ET Streets

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...159_117con.flv

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...159_117con.flv
I don't know how i missed that "jibby" post... look at what the OP has compared to me... watch the video of the GTR with MODS! and look at my sig.. got it? now imagine a higher, purpose built stall, 1400lbs less car, shaped NOT LIKE A BRICK and a H&C combo built by a reputable shop SPRAYING! r u F*cking serious bro???

Last edited by TonyGXP; 10-29-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You don't have a clue.

Three owners?? My friend works at a Nissan dealership, and they're already had 1/3 cars sold come back with a completely blown transmission. Its not blown out of proportion at all, the only thing you need to do is use the launch control and you're driving a ticking time bomb.

There is no recall because Nissan doesn't cover damage caused by using the launch control, its "use at your own risk", as it states right in the manual. So when the trans blows, it will cost you $20,000 to get a new one at the dealer. And they can tell you used launch control from the PCM's black box, which records information from the time of failure.

Stop swinging on Nissans nuts and trying to downplay the fact that the transmissions are garbage, its a huge flaw.
I also know a Nissan GTR owner and he has been in touch with Nissan regularly aswell (A very concerned owner) and Nissan top reps are claiming it is not a frequent occurance with the GTR's...I've personally been on the Nissan forums to check it out and only found three with this problem and there are many sold out there rolling around in the good ole USofA... Not swinging on the GTR's but not bashing the hell out of them either.. Give me a Z06 all day long over a GTR...
Old 10-30-2008, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Not every GTR owner gets signed up on the nissan forums upon purchase.
I know alot of guys with LSX powered cars who arent on any forum.. get it?

The fact that if you mess with the launch control it voids the warranty is just stupid.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Siwel
Not every GTR owner gets signed up on the nissan forums upon purchase.
I know alot of guys with LSX powered cars who arent on any forum.. get it?

The fact that if you mess with the launch control it voids the warranty is just stupid.

X1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

exactly... why not just leave it to the tuners to figure out how to program the launch control into it (like we delete Torque management in ours) and the computer logs it , you get the same result except a hell of alot less tempting to use it and no one would bash the company as it wasn't "designed" to do it...DUH
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also know a Nissan GTR owner and he has been in touch with Nissan regularly aswell (A very concerned owner) and Nissan top reps are claiming it is not a frequent occurance with the GTR's...I've personally been on the Nissan forums to check it out and only found three with this problem and there are many sold out there rolling around in the good ole USofA... Not swinging on the GTR's but not bashing the hell out of them either.. Give me a Z06 all day long over a GTR...
Well of course Nissan is going to sat its "not a frequent occurance". What else are they going to tell you, the $80,000 car you just bought is a piece of ****?? Of course not, every car could be blowing up and they'd still say the same thing. Their best interest is in the company, not telling you that their products are defective.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Village Idiot

Well then if Nissan reps are covering things up like watergate, then shame on Nissan and I would say the GTR's are truely a real piece of ****... I would like to think that is not the case with a huge company like Nissan and it's reps.....

If that is the case however, there should be a large class action lawsuit coming Nissan's way very shortly...... Time will tell and that will be the true indicator on this defect.. That's just crazy to think of...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well then if Nissan reps are covering things up like watergate, then shame on Nissan and I would say the GTR's are truely a real piece of ****... I would like to think that is not the case with a huge company like Nissan and it's reps.....

If that is the case however, there should be a large class action lawsuit coming Nissan's way very shortly...... Time will tell and that will be the true indicator on this defect.. That's just crazy to think of...
Heres the thing: Nissan is in the clear, 100%.

They have it in writing, right in the owners manual that every GTR owner gets, that you use the launch control at your own risk and therefore damage caused by using such a feature is not covered by the warranty. If they didn't have that clause, then perhaps a lawsuit could be brought against Nissan.

Just add the GTR to the list of other piece of **** vehicles Nissan has come out with in recent past. The Titan is a such a piece of **** that its being discontinued, and replaced by a rebadged version of the Dodge Ram. About time a japanese automaker admits they can't built a real truck. And lets not forget the Altima 2.5 motors that eat up piston rings at around 60,000 miles, requiring a complete overhaul of the motor out of warranty, only to have it happen again at 120,000 due to the shitty design. And of course the defective brakes on the Nismo 350Z and Infiniti FX, where after a few hard repeated stops, the brakes pretty much just stop working entirely.

Quick Reply: New Nissan GTR got killed last night.