Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some chicago street race cars at a grudge night track event.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an awesome thread.... I love reading the responses...makes me laugh
Old 10-30-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KMS.1320
Yeah that was a nice run b00sted, lots of pedaling going on that night
He saw the white Z drifiting towards him, and was nervous after the first crash of the night...So he let out of it. Then he tried to get back in it and as soon as the kit came back on it was all over.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by b00sted
He saw the white Z drifiting towards him, and was nervous after the first crash of the night...So he let out of it. Then he tried to get back in it and as soon as the kit came back on it was all over.
Hey how bad was MightyMouse's car? I lost track of the thread on chitown.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mtperformance
From what I understand you can race cars of that caliber any summer night on the streets in Chicago area if you know where to look.

And about the hole 13sec car crap comment , not everybody that is into the car culture has the means to run a single digit 1/4 mile time (I am one of those people) some of us have to settle for what we have. But hey someday homeboy maybe with a little hard work and winning lottery number's us Double Digit guys can be cool to.
I hear ya. I've only been single digits a few times, and not with my current car.. yet. But high 10's back in 97-98 was pretty fast!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KMS.1320
I hear ya. I've only been single digits a few times, and not with my current car.. yet. But high 10's back in 97-98 was pretty fast!
Man its like they are giving away turbos now a days, I mean every body has one.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quadd2244
That yellow car is not from Chicago. He came up from Texas to race this event and try to get down on the street which he did not.. Tex won the event because boost12 broke his car if boost12 would of not of broke he would of won
You think so eh? I think it would of been a damn good race and it would of came down to whoever tree'd the other off the light. Ah but what do I know...

And would you like to finish the story as to why the yellow stang from Texas did not get down on the street? Because Chicago had NOTHING to sit next to the mustang from Texas on the street. I had to make a solo pass down virgin *** concrete just to say I made a pass on the street in Chicago. Thanks please drive through.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BoostedGT
And would you like to finish the story as to why the yellow stang from Texas did not get down on the street? Because Chicago had NOTHING to sit next to the mustang from Texas on the street. I had to make a solo pass down virgin *** concrete just to say I made a pass on the street in Chicago. Thanks please drive through.

You just didnt go to the right place lol
Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by y2kc5
You just didnt go to the right place lol
Well, I'm not from Chicago so naturally I didn't know where all the "right" places were at... We pretty much made an open callout at the end of KOTS event to any car that wanted to get down on the street to call me. My phone stayed silent...

No big deal. Hopefully we'll get the invite to go back up there this year.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nasty cars guys. Sucks that the cops are so bad KOTS was at the track tho(Not hating). I like the idea tho of the unprepped part. Way to do what you can to keep it legit. Good vids bro.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Props to you on the win and having one of the nastiest street cars in the country boostedgt, as well as coming out with a 1/4 mile setup since I know you guys run 1/8th down there in texas and thats what you built it for. And i fully agree that if boost12's car hadnt broke it woulda been one hell of a race and can't wait to see you guys get back up here this summer an hopefully you an him can get something off on the street how we all like it!!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

that was some good races. MD needs to have something like that since we have not had many good street races in the past year.

Quick Reply: Some chicago street race cars at a grudge night track event.