Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I almost lost to a Sentra SE R!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most of you guys gotta understand how motors work. obviously you dont since you think that a 4 cyl boosted, that is barely hanging with an n/a bolt on v8, is no big deal. the more air you move, the more power you are going to make. its a lot easier to take something that moves 346 cui of air and make it faster than something that can only move 140(whatever) cui of air. which is where the turbo comes in. the turbo makes up for the lack of cylinders.

quit bangin on the import because it is decently fast. not all imports are ricers. obviously he has the time and effort into his car to make it pretty damn quick.

its easy to take a car that is already fast and make it faster (ie, ls1 with boltons went from probably 13.6 to 12.xxx) rather than a slow economy car and make it jsut as fast as that same ls1. (ie sentra went from 20.xxx in the quarter to 13.xxx)

just be a little mroe open minded before you start spewing stupidity, because you are only making fools out of yourselves.

good race op.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

22's to 12's? im pretty sure stock se-r spec v sentras run high 14's low low 15's i mean i respect a fast import but im just saying with all that crap and 18 lbs of boost he should run faster ive seen civics with 9 or 10 lbs run faste then that i guess im just an import hater
Old 10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get a little butt hurt on the hole ricer thing because my nephew has a 99 prelude with a built gsr motor and a gt42r turbo and a 100 shot he just added this car made over 500 to the wheels and has ran off on many ls1 f-bodys and stangs. Some corvettes but most wont even race him because they figure they would win. Im still waiting on the new numbers with spray and more boost. His car is not rice out its black with gold rims thats it oh and the fart can but its a brola bullet custom. I just dont want to be around some cocky *** v8 owner and hear him down my nephew because he put alot in his car and is a real car guy hell I think he is going to by a ta with his tax return. I think after I bust his *** he will come t o the dark side. I hope I dont get my *** busted now that I think about it.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Those se-r aren't that slow. They should run in the mid low 15s. With minor bolt-ons. My buddies wasn't a sentra it was an NX2000 2.0 I4 SR20D J SPEC motor I think its the same as the sentra . Were not being biased I think you guys are giving the se-r TOO MUCH PROPS.

He put up a damn good fight but came up short
Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I get a little butt hurt on the hole ricer thing because my nephew has a 99 prelude with a built gsr motor and a gt42r turbo and a 100 shot he just added this car made over 500 to the wheels and has ran off on many ls1 f-bodys and stangs. Some corvettes but most wont even race him because they figure they would win. Im still waiting on the new numbers with spray and more boost. His car is not rice out its black with gold rims thats it oh and the fart can but its a brola bullet custom. I just dont want to be around some cocky *** v8 owner and hear him down my nephew because he put alot in his car and is a real car guy hell I think he is going to by a ta with his tax return. I think after I bust his *** he will come t o the dark side. I hope I dont get my *** busted now that I think about it.
You mean H22A4 if its a type sh. I think preludes are great cars just a lil pricey.

Last edited by BlkZ28559; 11-01-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: meant to put 4 instead of 6
Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DCsLS1
22's to 12's? im pretty sure stock se-r spec v sentras run high 14's low low 15's i mean i respect a fast import but im just saying with all that crap and 18 lbs of boost he should run faster ive seen civics with 9 or 10 lbs run faste then that i guess im just an import hater
im making a point, he took a POS and made it fast. not saying i like it or anything but think of it like this.. a c6 z06 will whip an F-body no problem, a F-body with full bolt ons, cam, and spray would hang with a stock z06. now from the vette owner he is in the same mindset you are. all the money is into that F-body to hang with my vette.

Last edited by NeedaV8foundation; 10-30-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
im making a point, he took a POS and made it fast. not saying i like it or anything but think of it like this.. a c6 z06 will whip an F-body no problem, a F-body with full bolt ons, cam, and spray would hang with a stock z06. now from the vette owner he is in the same mindset you are. all the money is into that F-body to hang with my vette.
The F-body is a performance car just like the Corvette, the Vette just happens to be the faster, more expensive vehicle. A Nissan Sentra is a piece of **** economy car that wasn never designed to make big power or go fast. Just about every design element of the car works against you; its FWD, the chassis is an ancient design, its a 4 cylinder, and its got a transaxle with CV joints. What more can you ask for to go wrong, work against you, or break.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Teching In

nice race...where in nc are you from??? I wouldn't mind having some fun runs if you were local..
Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Good kill looks like he was creeping up on you when you let off.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Damn, that is original at least.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
The F-body is a performance car just like the Corvette, the Vette just happens to be the faster, more expensive vehicle. A Nissan Sentra is a piece of **** economy car that wasn never designed to make big power or go fast. Just about every design element of the car works against you; its FWD, the chassis is an ancient design, its a 4 cylinder, and its got a transaxle with CV joints. What more can you ask for to go wrong, work against you, or break.
I agree about the whole fast FWD car thing... RWD is better, but some people just happen to like certain cars that just happen to be FWD. But I do have a couple things to say about the highlighted points; I can't imagine that an early-90s Sentra chassis is anymore ancient than a 4th-gen F-body chassis, and I counter the transaxle/CV thing with 10-bolt rearend. Neither is really made to stand up to much abuse. I swear, if the Camaro/Firebird were made by Honda/Toyota/Nissan you'd probably still talk **** about them.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

FWD sucks for drag racing, why do you think all the imports want to race from a roll? (unless they're AWD?) No weight transfer. Or rather.. no helpful weight transfer.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys, Ill see if I can get some more vids up, my town is full of fast cars, probably the only good thing about being in Jacksonville, lol

Originally Posted by excaliburk20
nice race...where in nc are you from??? I wouldn't mind having some fun runs if you were local..
Jacksonville, Id love to do some runs! There are some pretty fast cars around here because its a Marine town. Where are you from?

Originally Posted by DCsLS1
lol i agree that it is a piece! he has all that work done and a turbo with 18 fricking psi and he cant beat a bolt on ls1? imagine if the ls1 had the same stuff done, though that car wasnt riced out he shouldnt put v8 killer on it until he can at least run a damn 12
Both of our cars run mid 12's. He walked a stock 03 cobra right after my race
Old 10-31-2008, 06:37 AM
TECH Resident

The Sentra ser was the car of the 90s. I believe motortrend did the article with a blown mustang versus that turbocharged sentra SER. The sentra killed it badly. I'll have to see if I can dig up the magazine article.

The times have certainly changed since than. Hopefully I can find it, I'm pretty sure it was 95 or 96.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

My sig is now thew offical dunce cap of LS1tech.com say somethinng stupid and ignorant and totally biased with no smart info to back it up...and you make it in there. the first guy to make it is...well look for yourself

oh, and btw, for all you **** talkers on imports...ill make a deal, go on ANY nissan site and go type in "anyone want to run an ls1 car with these mods close to me?" annd WATCH how fast that thread fills up with challenges to all you ignorant ***** who think a import cant be fast...

for ***** sake im building a 1000rwhp+ car (tt 2003 cobra with 67mm turbos) and i even own an import as well as know what they can do. go out and actually street race instead of sitting on the net, and talk all the smack you want to these "shitty motors" to there crowd...and WATCH how many phones get whipped out saying "hey, you wanna make some money off a dumb *** ls1 owner?"....please, were i go they LOVE the people like you.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I agree about the whole fast FWD car thing... RWD is better, but some people just happen to like certain cars that just happen to be FWD. But I do have a couple things to say about the highlighted points; I can't imagine that an early-90s Sentra chassis is anymore ancient than a 4th-gen F-body chassis, and I counter the transaxle/CV thing with 10-bolt rearend. Neither is really made to stand up to much abuse. I swear, if the Camaro/Firebird were made by Honda/Toyota/Nissan you'd probably still talk **** about them.
shh, your making sense to the ignorant! your just gonna bring more ignorance now! god damn honda owners.....J/K man.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Teching In

And it still runs in the 12's.

I think the point being is that he is a sleeper. Everyone EXPECTS a Ws6 or SS to be fast. I would hate to see that guy build a vette
Old 10-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by foreverzero

Jacksonville, Id love to do some runs! There are some pretty fast cars around here because its a Marine town. Where are you from?

race
damn ...jacksonville...i have a buddy in the marine that is stationed there as well.i'm from hickory, which is about 3-4hours away from where you're at. I'm heading out to rockingham dragway this up coming sunday(nov. 2nd) for street wars at the rock. If you don't have anything planned on that day it would be a great event.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

hmm sounds like fun. Im hitting the track upp tonight in Jacksonville too if I can. How much is it to enter street wars?
Old 10-31-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

No, the sad thing is you actually care enough to try and put me down for not liking some piece of **** Nissan.

Get a life. And no its not faster than my car.

WOW!!! Somebody needs to get laid.

Quick Reply: I almost lost to a Sentra SE R!