Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S2000 vs. WS6

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to say it but I have always been kinda partial to the styling of the S2000. I dont know what it is. I even contemplated buying one for the wife a few years ago... Just couldnt see dropping that kind a coin on a 2 seater with no *****.

I have known a few people that tried to build them, and have a few around here I have been dying to line up with. But the gods have not let that happen yet.

The idea of doing a LS swap on one is amusing, and in the future I still might find one to put in the stable.

To the op, good kill. Expected.... Every car COULD be fast, and anything can happen on the street. I would think that if you race them again the outcome would be the same.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by lemons12
youtube and streetfire for a source of information.......

mid 400s.... 11.xx@124mph.. in a car that weighs what? 2500 lbs.. that isnt anything to brag about...

btw, 124 is not good for an *easy* 10 second pass.... especially in a turbo car, or one having problem out of the hole.. 124 is good for an *easy* low 11 second car, or 11 flat... pushing getting into 10s, and by this i mean 10.9999
They weigh right around 2850lbs actually, all stock. A hardtop swap saves about 125lbs. And I believe that he was speaking about it doing an *easy* 10s pass on high-octane. But it could possibly do it on pump gas too Id' wager.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

S2Ks are totally gutless..... I worked at a Honda dealer and those bitches pull like my moms old Gand Prix till like 6K THEN u can feel it pull. I raced a full bolt on S2K awhile back, while I was bolt on, and 4.10s (no spray) and it was UGLY!!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
They weigh right around 2850lbs actually, all stock. A hardtop swap saves about 125lbs. And I believe that he was speaking about it doing an *easy* 10s pass on high-octane. But it could possibly do it on pump gas too Id' wager.
damn it... see if i would have done my research on youtube first i would have known how much they way.. stupid meahha

well from what he posted on pump gas.. it wouldnt be an easy 10 sec pass... period. he might make a 10 sec pass, but it wouldnt be easy and/or the norm
Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
Yeah gotta love those 14 second turbo civics, they may not trap over 95, but they sound like a ******* rice-jet going down the street. Sorry to jump on you on that, I thought you were asking sarcastically.
It's all good.. I realized after I posted that I walked right into it.

I know what you mean with the Civic... I tried making the kid go to an F-Body rental to get him some religion... Wasn't trying to convert him to a domestic or anything but figured seeing really fast cars that sound stock might influence his exhaust choices.haha
Old 11-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Teching In

youtube and streetfire for a source of information.......

mid 400s.... 11.xx@124mph.. in a car that weighs what? 2500 lbs.. that isnt anything to brag about...
Maybe you shouldn't "correct" me when you do not know the weight of THIS car. Even a stock S2K does NOT have a 2500lb race weight. According to this site, a 5-spd 2003 Honda S2K roadster weighs 2,810lbs bone stock. This red car is complete full interior and since it's turbocharged, it has more weight added to it due to the necessary accessories (turbo, FMIC etc.) It also has a full cage in it. That is nowhere close to your purported weight claim buddy. It easily weighs more than 3,000lbs with a 190lb driver in it. It is not my car. Why would I "brag" about it? My own car is faster and makes more power. Just sharing some info. on what happens to be a thread related to S2Ks. Stop nitpicking my post with BS.

btw, 124 is not good for an *easy* 10 second pass.... especially in a turbo car, or one having problem out of the hole.. 124 is good for an *easy* low 11 second car, or 11 flat... pushing getting into 10s, and by this i mean 10.9999

Thanks for that info. I have obviously never drag raced before.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Maybe you shouldn't "correct" me when you do not know the weight of THIS car. Even a stock S2K does NOT have a 2500lb race weight. According to this site, a 5-spd 2003 Honda S2K roadster weighs 2,810lbs bone stock. This red car is complete full interior and since it's turbocharged, it has more weight added to it due to the necessary accessories (turbo, FMIC etc.) It also has a full cage in it. That is nowhere close to your purported weight claim buddy. It easily weighs more than 3,000lbs with a 190lb driver in it. It is not my car. Why would I "brag" about it? My own car is faster and makes more power. Just sharing some info. on what happens to be a thread related to S2Ks. Stop nitpicking my post with BS.

Thanks for that info. I have obviously never drag raced before.
did you miss the "?" mark... that should you know i dont know the weight.. and i highly doubt he hasnt taken 1lb. out of the car.. but, i could be wrong.. its just not very often people dont take any weight out what so ever.. hell if you take cats out, thats weight..
i wasnt saying you were bragging.
from your vids, it doesnt look like its any quicker than said car.
i wasnt nitpicking your posts, yours just stood out.. any post i dont agree with i would call out.. dont think your special.

your welcome, obviously not judging by your statements.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Teching In

did you miss the "?" mark... that should you know i dont know the weight.. and i highly doubt he hasnt taken 1lb. out of the car.. but, i could be wrong.. its just not very often people dont take any weight out what so ever.. hell if you take cats out, thats weight..
i wasnt saying you were bragging.
from your vids, it doesnt look like its any quicker than said car.
i wasnt nitpicking your posts, yours just stood out.. any post i dont agree with i would call out.. dont think your special.

your welcome, obviously not judging by your statements.

This is the reason why I thought your post was stupid. You are speculating about a car that I personally have more intricate knowledge about. Your rebuttal to my post was not needed. It was patronizing and combative. When you 'call some one out,' you do so with solid information and irrefutable evidence, not guess work. I know more about this particular red S2K than you do so stop arguing with me about it. Ok? You do not know the quickest my car has ever gone either neither do you know how much power it makes. I do not give a **** whether you agree with these statements or not. You are not the fact police.

You simply should have asked me to provide more info. if you needed it; Not make that useless post that was obviously going to irk me.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by diambo4life
This is the reason why I thought your post was stupid. You are speculating about a car that I personally have more intricate knowledge about. Your rebuttal to my post was not needed. It was patronizing and combative. When you 'call some one out,' you do so with solid information and irrefutable evidence, not guess work. I know more about this particular red S2K than you do so stop arguing with me about it. Ok? You do not know the quickest my car has ever gone either neither do you know how much power it makes. I do not give a **** whether you agree with these statements or not. You are not the fact police.

You simply should have asked me to provide more info. if you needed it; Not make that useless post that was obviously going to irk me.
im going off what you have said and made my assumptions.. we all do this, all the time... im 100% sure you do also.
no, you do not have to have facts to call someone out, ask Jibby... hahahahahaha
i know pretty close to what i was calling you out on.. and i know that 124mph in the 1/4 with a turbo and having problems out of the hole is NOT good for an easy 10 second pass... i know thats good for about a mid to low 11... MAYBE.. whether i know what car your talking about or not, thats drag racing common sense..
stop arguing with you because you said so. OK.... hahah, riiiiight...
dont give a **** if i "irked" you or not... i didnt need any more facts, and i still dont.. all i need was the trap speed, and i knew it had a turbo and was having problems outta the hole... that tells me about what the car runs, and what it will not run easily...
Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Launching!

hey bro my friend has an 04 s2k also, and we race all the time for the fun of it. he's got alot of money in his! no turbo but pulleys, header, exhaust, no cat, intake, tune (hondata) and a bunch of suspention stuff. in fact we raced last night on the highway and we did a 50 punch and in 3rd i got him by half a car (his gears are longer and that vtec with the hondata will make that car move!) 4the gear i pulled another car by 5th i let off and i had him by at least 3 at that point and i would have kept pulling! i have stock gears...they're fast and badass cars but no match for ls1's unless they're build for low compression and a big turbo! they're not as light as you'd think they are because theyre all convertable...good kill though!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Teching In

are you sure you just didnt hear VTEC!!! lol with a intake on those cars the vtec is very loud and could maybe be misleading.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Launching!

that's what im thinking...my friend has a hks exhaust and megan header and k&n intake system and it kinda has a loud whisle in vtech. not a turbo whisle but an intake whisle...
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Good kill op. A guy I work with has a stock S2000. I've drove a couple of times. Like most of the others said, it's gutless until 6k. My Dad's old Buick Century had more torque....
Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by raisuli81
Good kill op. A guy I work with has a stock S2000. I've drove a couple of times. Like most of the others said, it's gutless until 6k. My Dad's old Buick Century had more torque....
Are you expecting a torque monster with a n/a 2.0L ?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

I made the same mistake, one lined up with me and i could have SWORN that car had a turbo on it by the noise it was making. Turned out he was full bolt ons instead... smoked him pretty badly.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Are you expecting a torque monster with a n/a 2.0L ?
No 2.0L engine is going to have any ***** on the low end.

Which is exactly why any "performance" car with a 2.0L engine is completely pointless. Having a smaller motor is nothing but a disadvantage in every respect.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

ok....
Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

Which is exactly why any "performance" car with a 2.0L engine is completely pointless. Having a smaller motor is nothing but a disadvantage in every respect.
what about an evo or sti?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

You sir are ignorant.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
what about an evo or sti?
Have you ever driven one??

They are absolutely gutless until the turbo comes on around 3500RPM, then they start making power.

Quick Reply: S2000 vs. WS6