Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Watch the insults guys
Old 12-26-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
You own a car made in the USA and your calling a Jap car a POS
You should bitch slap yourself, I dont see Honda, Toyota or any other Jap car line going to DC to ask for money.
Thats because they got their money from their government.
I work for Aston Martin near DC, we also have audi, benz, and porsche. Our sales are down a little, about 20% but not like the Chevy and GM dealers that are .5 miles down the road that are closing there doors.
Economics, the rich get richer.

At this point GM cant give cars away, they are even giving away 2 years of free serv on new cars. Damn, at this point I would buy one. BUT not ONE of there cars has any style or soul. I can sit in a 98 ls1 or in my friends new C6 and you both have the same box for a cd player, ****, my grand fathers GMC truck has the same radio
Nice try sally, they are nothing alike.

You really have no room to talk about parts bin interior sharing. Steering wheel, shift ****, door handles, hvac *****, radio and various other buttons from the Honda parts bin. Then you get the engine from Honda's lawn and gardening division

Last edited by JD_AMG; 12-26-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG

You really have no room to talk about parts bin interior sharing. Steering wheel, shift ****, door handles, hvac *****, radio and various other buttons from the Honda parts bin. Then you get the engine from Honda's lawn and gardening division
I'm not gonna bother addressing anything else from your post, but the steering wheel and shift **** are exclusive to the S2000. Door handles appear to be as well.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wesman & BlackturboS2K

Come back in two weeks. Hopefully you'll grow up by then. If not, don't come back.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unit213
Wesman & BlackturboS2K

Come back in two weeks. Hopefully you'll grow up by then. If not, don't come back.

What took so long? Hahaha
Old 12-27-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have found some pretty cool S2K owners, and have also had 3 or 4 as demo's. Great handling cars don't get me wrong, but to act like its gods gift to handling is wrong. Its a lightweight RWD car with no torque of course it handles great. But don't get it wrong or you will be exiting the road backwards.

I get together with some peeps to do backroad attacks and a couple have S2000's. And guess what other than punching at WOT out of corners which I can't do they have nothing on my Vette( granted its not stock but neither are they). In fact I had one of the guys ask me man you were really pushing it to stay behind me? I said no I had to keep letting off, and I wasn't driving with anywhere near the commitment he was.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:34 PM
***Repost Police***

Definitely not God's gift to handling. Once my Mustang got settled into a corner on some of the backroads I drive on, it was almost as good. It's quick transitions where the S2000 shines. And apparently a performance-oriented alignment does wonders, so I'll have that done next time I get new tires.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'm not gonna bother addressing anything else from your post, but the steering wheel and shift **** are exclusive to the S2000. Door handles appear to be as well.
Really, so this isn't the same steering wheel?(obviously a different center section)

And is this not the same shift ****?
Old 12-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You obviously didn't read what I said.

You aren't making anything close to 550-600HP without completely rebuilding the motor with forged internals and the works, which is extremely costly.
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=63400.0

Thread is old, but he made 590hp on the STOCK LONGBLOCK with c16. Can we say owned?
Old 12-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Launching!

c5's had a similar center stack as most gm vehicles. c6's got the new hotness
Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
***Repost Police***

Really, so this isn't the same steering wheel?(obviously a different center section)

Well that does appear to be the same steering wheel, but I've never driven an EP3 Si. And I also haven't been in a new TSX. So ya got me there .
Old 12-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Teching In

No, you are the idiot. You are bragging about POS 4 bangers (4G63) on the LS1Tech. Mitsubishis are the biggest pieces of **** on the road, hence why we aren't driving them. They are built like garbage, DSM/Evo and reliability should never be used in the same sentence.
I was not bragging. I was debunking your lies. Perhaps you should re-read my previous post and put it in context. I have a problem with YOU claiming that 500whp+ in any 4-banger can not be had reliably. It can and 4G63s have done it on the stock engine. It has been done PLENTY of times. This is not a guess or a speculative assertion you dunce, it is fact and I have the evidence to support it. You do not have to like it (obviously) since it goes against what you are spouting off. Just because we are on an LS1 site does not automatically make me wrong and you right.

Good for them. I don't give a flying **** about what some idiot did with their 4 cylinder mitsubishi piece of crap. Did they set some kind of world record by hitting 10's?? Nope, so its pointless.
Wait a minute....now you "don't give a flying ****" because it does not support your specious lies? Peachy! Actually, he did hold the stock block record for 4G63s for a few years...so yes, he's kinda special in the 4G63 community. BTW, for the record the fastest stock bottom end 4G63 vehicle (an EVO VIII) went 10.1 @142mph last summer. It was not a gutted tin can either. 3,000lbs+. You don't have to like it because you are a hater but any car enthusiast would appreciate that fete.

I don't know why you feel the need to come in here and try to convince people of bullshit they don't care about, get a life.
I am not trying to convince anyone to do anything. I was CALLING OUT YOUR BULLSHIT. Stop spreading misinformation and I will not say a damn thing.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by diambo4life

Wait a minute....now you "don't give a flying ****" because it does not support your specious lies? Peachy! Actually, he did hold the stock block record for 4G63s for a few years...so yes, he's kinda special in the 4G63 community. BTW, for the record the fastest stock bottom end 4G63 vehicle (an EVO VIII) went 10.1 @142mph last summer. It was not a gutted tin can either. 3,000lbs+. You don't have to like it because you are a hater but any car enthusiast would appreciate that fete.

Isn't the rest of the suspension and axles unsafe at that power level to go that fast?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm gone for three weeks and this thread is still alive. Holy shiot. Oh yea Honda's still suck. LOL!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Isn't the rest of the suspension and axles unsafe at that power level to go that fast?

On DSMs....yeah. Much easier to break the transmission internals especially the center diff. The early 1G DSMs have a 'smaller' rear end but can get into the 10's if you are not too aggressive. The EVO drivetrain however is much more rugged and can take it. I believe the EVO drivetrain has gone into the low 9's and even 8's untouched. The big thing on these cars is to keep the RPM reasonable when they are completely stock and they can be relatively reliable with 500whp. Of course the person tuning it will make a big difference too.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by Koastie57
So me and my buddies were on the way back home from Cici's a while back and I see this little car quickly weaving through traffic behind me in my rearview mirror. I immediately got my hopes up thinking it was some typical ricer that i could harrass. By the times he comes to the side of me, god blessed a red light on us and we both stopped.... instantly my buddies are giving me **** telling me to burn him.... Well turns out the car is a S2000, I had never ran against one or seen one in person... must not be common in the houston area...I was a little nervous because I had no idea what this car could dish out.

So anyways, I look at him and do a slight rev to see if he budges...(It was a little chinese dude, reminded me of the guy in tokyo drift, kinda funny) He doesn't look over at me at all... but I noticed a little grin after I did it, so I knew that was a "lets go"...

Light turns green and i slowly roll off waiting for him to punch it, he was doing the same finally he punches it and I catch it the exact same time...

He pulls on me in first but by second im pulling ahead, by the end of 2nd his front bumper is at my door... and half way through 3rd hes a car or two behind.

To my surprise though i could hear the turbo as he shifted, so i was shocked to see he was still behind...

My question is did i get lucky? I had two guys in the car and myself. I'm only 5'2 and about 120. All our weight together was about 450lbs?

I'm running stock internals, with chokemasters, no tires either just plain ole' street tires..

Just seemed odd, to hear the turbo and me still win WITH 3 guys including myself in the car.
im alittle taller than you and about the same weight. i killed one in my trans am . those cars are slugs. like racing a maita. lol
Old 12-29-2008, 03:19 PM
***Repost Police***

Like racing a Miata, except with 100hp more . Or 70hp more than the new ones.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

hahahahahahahahaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaahaha!

i'm sorry i had to bring this back, but i almost crapped my pants when i was reading the last couple pages and saw that.

Amazing!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Teching In

...No 2.0 4 banger pushing that kind of power without being fully built is going to last very long at all.
Impressive. Please share the bombshell with me that contradicts twenty years of 4G63 tuning. I'll give you two weeks to organize your thoughts...

Old 12-30-2008, 12:55 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA

hahahahahahahahaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaahaha!

i'm sorry i had to bring this back, but i almost crapped my pants when i was reading the last couple pages and saw that.

Amazing!
Seeing the same shift **** in a brand new car (that most people on here have never even seen), and the same steering wheel in a car that most people on here have never driven made you almost crap your pants? You are WAY too easily amused. It was an honest mistake, and one that I already took credit for.

Quick Reply: S2000 vs. WS6