Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S2000 vs. WS6

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I would love it if my car had a V6 or V8. But it doesn't. And at this point, handling is more important to me than a ton of torque. The convertible part is a big plus too.
Everybody is looking for something different. My old civic held 1.06g in a right hand turn. My TA on the other hand is something like .80 with the current tires. But boy could the LS1 beat up on the B16B on the highway.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice78Transam
Yeah, I have. While thats true, in some respects I have launched an STi so hard that it made me believe in christ. If you shift properly an 04-05 STi will hold onto boost though the 1-2. That damn car was reckless fast. They have an incredible rush of power compared to the LS1's torque 'table'.

Boy do I love my LS1/RWD though.

so in the end, you win.
You know, thats where people get their opinions about other cars cause they want something to perform as like their current car or better. When i got my Sti I had to learn to drive it which meant I had to change my driving style to bring out the best in my STi, which isn't bad ! I like to think it makes me more of an all round driver.

To each his own ! I loved my STi, it was a great car for me and I would get one again after I get the new Camaro SS(yeah right!) and finish building my 67' !
Old 12-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
No 2.0 4 banger pushing that kind of power without being fully built is going to last very long at all.

You are an idiot. STFU with your BS. 4G63 (DSMs and EVO) cars do it all the time.

This guy is a good example. He has gone as quick as 10.4@138mph on the original shortblock. That block has been raced for well over 5yrs at the "500whp+" level. I can list 10 other people.

And I can go out and get a Procharger and put down 700WHP like its nothing, doesn't mean ****.
Then do it and stop talking about it by speculating and using conjecture. I would hope you could easily do it while having 3X the displacement and twice the number of cylinders.

Some people can do it but others can not. It would not be fair me for me to judge the overall ability of an LS1 motor because some schumck I know blew his 400whp TA with a stock LS1 motor in it. That is idiocy and anyone with half a brain would dismiss such a fallacious claim.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by diambo4life
You are an idiot. STFU with your BS. 4G63 (DSMs and EVO) cars do it all the time.
No, you are the idiot. You are bragging about POS 4 bangers (4G63) on the LS1Tech. Mitsubishis are the biggest pieces of **** on the road, hence why we aren't driving them. They are built like garbage, DSM/Evo and reliability should never be used in the same sentence.

This guy is a good example. He has gone as quick as 10.4@138mph on the original shortblock. That block has been raced for well over 5yrs at the "500whp+" level. I can list 10 other people.
Good for them. I don't give a flying **** about what some idiot did with their 4 cylinder mitsubishi piece of crap. Did they set some kind of world record by hitting 10's?? Nope, so its pointless.

I don't know why you feel the need to come in here and try to convince people of bullshit they don't care about, get a life.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

The final word (again)?

S2Ks DEMOTED to T3 due to lack of speed/torque, now racing (and lost) against Cobalt SS. Was losing to Fbodys.

S2Ks PROMOTED in Autocross due great handling.

Needed FI to take the SF regional SCCA IT title against 928s, etc.

When stock, torqueless yet fun to drive (oops! oxymoron!) performs well around the cones, not the big road circuit.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-24-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Daz
You know, thats where people get their opinions about other cars cause they want something to perform as like their current car or better. When i got my Sti I had to learn to drive it which meant I had to change my driving style to bring out the best in my STi, which isn't bad ! I like to think it makes me more of an all round driver.

To each his own ! I loved my STi, it was a great car for me and I would get one again after I get the new Camaro SS(yeah right!) and finish building my 67' !
Nice having an appropriate conversation with you. With other people would catch on.

And I know what you mean, the STi forces you to rethink everything.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
***Repost Police***

No, you are the idiot. You are bragging about POS 4 bangers (4G63) on the LS1Tech. Mitsubishis are the biggest pieces of **** on the road, hence why we aren't driving them. They are built like garbage, DSM/Evo and reliability should never be used in the same sentence.

Good for them. I don't give a flying **** about what some idiot did with their 4 cylinder mitsubishi piece of crap. Did they set some kind of world record by hitting 10's?? Nope, so its pointless.

I don't know why you feel the need to come in here and try to convince people of bullshit they don't care about, get a life.
For somebody that doesn't care about it, you sure are quick to start flapping your lips whenever anything Japanese is mentioned here. If you don't like it, then don't go in the threads where they are talked about. Simple solution. The more you do it, the more you are showing everyone how much of a closed-minded attention ***** you are.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by scottHMT
sorry but that is extremely wrong, they are slow as *****, but a properly setup turbo one with a nice tune can make upwards of 550-600hp if the owner has the ***** to push it.
I made 640rwhp on 28lbs of boost???
Old 12-25-2008, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

You own a car made in the USA and your calling a Jap car a POS
You should bitch slap yourself, I dont see Honda, Toyota or any other Jap car line going to DC to ask for money. I work for Aston Martin near DC, we also have audi, benz, and porsche. Our sales are down a little, about 20% but not like the Chevy and GM dealers that are .5 miles down the road that are closing there doors.

Now you tell me who makes shitty cars? The people that are still selling cars,i.e. the ones that people trust and wont break down on them, or the people that are closing there doors and on there knees in DC asking for a bail out?

At this point GM cant give cars away, they are even giving away 2 years of free serv on new cars. Damn, at this point I would buy one. BUT not ONE of there cars has any style or soul. I can sit in a 98 ls1 or in my friends new C6 and you both have the same box for a cd player, ****, my grand fathers GMC truck has the same radio

Last edited by BLACKTURBOS2K; 12-25-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
You should bitch slap yourself, I dont see Honda, Toyota or any other Jap car line going to DC to ask for money. I work for Aston Martin near DC, we also have audi, benz, and porsche. Our sales are down a little, about 20% but not like the Chevy and GM dealers that are .5 miles down the road that are closing there doors.

Now you tell me who makes shitty cars? The people that are still selling cars,i.e. the ones that people trust and wont break down on them, or the people that are closing there doors and on there knees in DC asking for a bail out?

At this point GM cant give cars away, they are even giving away 2 years of free serv on new cars. Damn, at this point I would buy one. BUT not ONE of there cars has any style or soul. I can sit in a 98 ls1 or in my friends new C6 and you both have the same box for a cd player, ****, my grand fathers GMC truck has the same radio

the quality of the gm cars has nothing to do with financial hardtimes, this thread is about the cars not the manufacturers. i will agree and accept that management was the main cause of the failure of gm, not the build quality or reliability of gm cars. the lsx engine has proven to be superior over any other current v8 in america. reliability, power, access, value, its all there.

your information about GM is partially incorrect,
and you should research the info. you post beforehand,
Old 12-25-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should bitch slap yourself, I dont see Honda, Toyota or any other Jap car line going to DC to ask for money.
Obvioulsy you know absolutely nothing about how this entire mess happened, or you wouldn't be saying anything. Bottom line is your previous jap manufacturers can produce cars on the cheap, because they employ cheap labor, and don't have to pay for the benefits like healthcare, retirement, and pensions that US automakers have to deal with. UAW workers make good salaries and that has allowed many families of unskilled workers to move into the middle class, which has benefitted the entire economy as a whole. But its come to the point where the US automakers can no longer compete, because costs have become too exorbitant. The Japs can use higher quality materials such as interiors in thier cars, sell the car for the same price as an American one, and still make a huge profit. This has been allowed to go on unregulated with no tarrifs on the asian automakers, and thats one of the reasons why we are in this mess. This is the fault of idiots like you.

Read the above paragraph. And whats this bullshit about breaking down?? Its not 1985 anymore assclown, cars are on a much more level playing field in terms of reliability. Your average Toyota is no longer any more reliable than your average Chevy or Ford. In fact, the japs care now producing garbage like the new Tundra, which just proves that the trend is reversing.

No "style or soul"?? You are a blind jap fanboy, that blatantly obvious. I suppose you think cars like your piece of **** tin can on wheels S2000 has all kinds of "style and soul", too bad most are driven by gay guys. And lets not forget the econo box-turned-racecars like the STi and Evo, now thats a joke. The japs wouldn't know style if it punched them square in the face.

And you're going to complain because GM shares radios amongst their cars?? Are you buying a car to drive it, or fondle the ******* radio *****?? Its a damn CD player, of it looks nice and its functional, I couldn't give less of a **** what other cars its doing service in.

You're beyond ignorant, its comical.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Launching!

cant we all just get along??? ITS CHRISTMAS LOL
Old 12-25-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
cant we all just get along??? ITS CHRISTMAS LOL
Ricers have no souls, Christmas is just another day for them
Old 12-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Launching!

hahaha
Old 12-25-2008, 03:48 PM
***Repost Police***

Well I've had a nice Christmas... about to take the Corvette up to my house to set up the 32" Sony Bravia LCD I got today.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Launching!

when'd you get a vette?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:20 AM
***Repost Police***

Mom's ride... Millenium Yellow/Black '01 Z51 6spd targa
Old 12-26-2008, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I hope you were not refering to an F-Body and saying it's made in the USA. If you were you should probably leave these forums now.. you're clearly clueless.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Wesmanw02, what do you drive that you can pull on an STi in 5th or 6th gear?

By the way you're talking, you were raised in Alabama (no offense meant to those who are in Alabama) by your pappy who had a mullet down to his knees and got into his '85 305TBI Camaro and tried to get it to run every day but couldn't because a squirrel got in his intake.
You're a ******* ignorant GM/American blinded...moron.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
By the way you're talking, you were raised in Alabama (no offense meant to those who are in Alabama) by your pappy who had a mullet down to his knees and got into his '85 305TBI Camaro and tried to get it to run every day but couldn't because a squirrel got in his intake.
You're a ******* ignorant GM/American blinded...moron.
I'm next!!!! Rip me next!!! SWEET.

LMAO.

Quick Reply: S2000 vs. WS6