Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 Notchback Mustang vs. my Trans-Am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
lol they run a hell of a lot faster than that 12 second pass you made...and faster than that 11 second pass your looking for as well
My times in my sig. are old...since then the car has been tuned and is no longer shifting at stock shift points and bumping the limiter in every gear.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 12sMustang
To the OP, it's ok man we're just busting your *****. It was a good kill.

GT40 heads and intake are parts that came stock on various 5.0s. The alphabet cam is a very basic and super mild cam. The paxton is at low boost, and I don't understand why someone would run only 6 psi and nitrous, but regardless that is not a heavily modded 5.0.
Chris

Two power adders, H/C/I is not heavily modded?! If my car had all of that I would be in the 9's! He was pissed...I think he sold it the next day and got a LS1.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99_Z28

Two power adders, H/C/I is not heavily modded?! If my car had all of that I would be in the 9's! He was pissed...I think he sold it the next day and got a LS1.
throwing parts at a car doesnt make it fast. he obviously didnt have a clue what he was doing.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
throwing parts at a car doesnt make it fast. he obviously didnt have a clue what he was doing.
I concur with what you are saying. As many combo's available today for 5.0's it should be elementary.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats like adding 243 heads a z06 cam and an ls6 intake. a 75 shot. But i do agree he should be faster.

I mean like the VT fox with a destroked 5.4 that reved to 9k... and was running mid 9's on motor.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

its a poorly put together 5.0 with all junk old parts. a healthy head cam 302 with a blower is a 10 second ride all day long. **** a buddy of mines car is a 306 w/ h/c/i with a tiny little p1sc-2 procharger and it runs 9.70's. its got a full interior and the car is still a stick.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

You're not that dumb are you???
Old 12-05-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

One of my buddys friends from UTI said that his 90-91(I beleive) foxbody has a manual with a "big" cam(with supporting mods) and I think an intake and he claims to run around a 12.4. Hopefully the mustang guys can clarify this but I thought that was some pretty extreme confidence?

OP: I know I just asked for clarification from the Ford crowd, but good job putting the stang where he belongs!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
Theres nothing slow about a "heavily modded" fox.
And then theres not much "Ford" left in the car once its heavily modded. Cant wave the blue oval flag if its a Jegs-mobile.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lunatik
And then theres not much "Ford" left in the car once its heavily modded. Cant wave the blue oval flag if its a Jegs-mobile.
Thats the best one I've ever heard. High five man!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RippinZ121
One of my buddys friends from UTI said that his 90-91(I beleive) foxbody has a manual with a "big" cam(with supporting mods) and I think an intake and he claims to run around a 12.4. Hopefully the mustang guys can clarify this but I thought that was some pretty extreme confidence?

OP: I know I just asked for clarification from the Ford crowd, but good job putting the stang where he belongs!
Certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility. I don't know why you'd go through all the trouble and terrible drivability of a "big" cam with stock heads, but there are plenty of guys that have gone mid to high 12s with the stock untouched heads, cam, and intake. So 12.4s are reasonable with bolt-ons and a cam. It all comes down to traction, weight, and gearing.

Now if he's got aftermarket heads, then 12.4s are a non-issue for a properly set up 302 with a big stick. NMRA Factory Stock cars are running low 11s with E7 heads (11.2s and 11.3s).

Chris
Old 12-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Thats the best one I've ever heard. High five man!!!

hhhhmmmmm....change h/c/i/e/cid/strip/add a hit....**** i'll even stop there and give ya credit for at least keeping the block. Your next mod should include a mop and bucket. Beating a dead "horse" never gets old. Pathetic.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

hhhhmmmmm....change h/c/i/e/cid/strip/add a hit....**** i'll even stop there and give ya credit for at least keeping the block. Your next mod should include a mop and bucket. Beating a dead "horse" never gets old. Pathetic.
You do realize people have split the block in half with the stock cam, stock heads, and stock intake on the car right?

I guess your slow rides got smoked too many times by Mustangs and to save the little bit of pride you had left you told yourself "yea well they have to put different brand parts on their car!" Thats so sad. Don't worry man, one day I'm sure you will have a quick ride. Til then just don't rev at a Mustang if you have second thoughts on if you might be able to edge it out or not.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

When the Mustang punks start talking the crap I shut them up by bringing out my 68 drag car in my sig. It has run a best of 12.8 and it will take care of any Mustang on the road. You better be glad I don't live close by or I'd show you Ford guys how real American muscle handles business!

btw the racing stripes really don't add power. I know your uncle Jedidiah told you they make any car run faster but its really not true. Its kinda like Santa Claus.

Edit: Oh hell, I saw your 99 Camero has a "custom ram air intake". You sure that isn't the drag car?
Old 12-06-2008, 02:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12.80 is a drag car? hell i could run that on street tires
Old 12-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Ok all I want to know is where you street race around here it use to be 33 ,115 in effort or out by beltzville if it was somebody from palmerton/lehighton. This is the ram air from Mr.Z's correct?

Last edited by HDon22s; 12-06-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: add?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Launching!

You do realize people have split the block in half with the stock cam, stock heads, and stock intake on the car right?
Could imagine why?

You seem to be a very narrow focused fella so Im going to break it down very slowly. The Op killed a 5.0. Cant take that away. Then the blue ovalary crowd sees this and subscribes. Now that crowd will argue mute points till the outcome of the OP's race changes. Me, after first reading that comment about ...run into a 5.0 with 362 ci, vic intake, 225 heads,... (well, nice combo going back old school buts it not a 5.0 anymore) I add the truth that this "dead horse" cant do it alone.

I guess your slow rides got smoked too many times by Mustangs and to save the little bit of pride you had left you told yourself "yea well they have to put different brand parts on their car!" Thats so sad. Don't worry man, one day I'm sure you will have a quick ride. Til then just don't rev at a Mustang if you have second thoughts on if you might be able to edge it out or not.
If im slow the ponys I turned to glue must be confused and had em in reverse (need driver mod). The only fox bodys that beat my 68 came to the track on a trailer. Making a car faster by modding is fun but every part changed out is only pride for that car and not the camp my friend. Now for the Z28. NO stang Ive ran has beat me. No dought, one that can get the job done are out in town somewhere. I guess. two stangs ive raced recently that come to mind, both had gears, clutch, ex, cai, tires, the eariler one had intake and dyno tune. I pulled both. It wasnt a murder I'll be honest but I won. And this was when i only had the lid. I rev every stang, its just hard to find ones that arent shell shocked from ls1 *** whoopins and look over.

btw the racing stripes really don't add power. I know your uncle Jedidiah told you they make any car run faster but its really not true. Its kinda like Santa Claus.
Don't hate on options that where factory and Im not sure where i said they add power. If you saw this car , no you hump the exaust.
Edit: Oh hell, I saw your 99 Camero has a "custom ram air intake". You sure that isn't the drag car?
If you believe I list the important stuff then come on down.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
***Repost Police***

If you really think a light bolt-on A4 Z28 is hot ****, you're gonna get an unpleasant wake up call one day.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

If im slow the ponys I turned to glue must be confused and had em in reverse (need driver mod). The only fox bodys that beat my 68 came to the track on a trailer. Making a car faster by modding is fun but every part changed out is only pride for that car and not the camp my friend. Now for the Z28. NO stang Ive ran has beat me. No dought, one that can get the job done are out in town somewhere. I guess. two stangs ive raced recently that come to mind, both had gears, clutch, ex, cai, tires, the eariler one had intake and dyno tune. I pulled both. It wasnt a murder I'll be honest but I won. And this was when i only had the lid. I rev every stang, its just hard to find ones that arent shell shocked from ls1 *** whoopins and look over.

If you believe I list the important stuff then come on down.
dude your cars are FUGGIN WEAPONS. no way id want anything to do with those crazy 12 and 13 second beasts you have. im shaking in my boots as we speak.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you really think a light bolt-on A4 Z28 is hot ****, you're gonna get an unpleasant wake up call one day.
Talking to me honda boy?