Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Speeding is Bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremy02
Shoulda kept in it and took the nearest off ramp. Especially if it was a shitass Crown Vic.
+1 screw that pull over and pray for mercy. There crown vics are slow as hell. I got pulled over for 84mph in a 65 by the time the cop crossed the median I woulda left him outta sight took the first exit and see yah. But I pulled over so I took the $360 fine and traffic school. I wasn't going that fast 100+ I'm not stopping
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red96TA
Well when you go to defensive driving school they get wiped off your record so there its like they never happened. So my record just shows two tickets thankfully.
Well not for a criminal traffic offense. That ticket you got stays on for 3 years and traffic school will not take it off. When do you have to spend time in jail? Does your insurance know yet?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkZ28559
+1 screw that pull over and pray for mercy. There crown vics are slow as hell. I got pulled over for 84mph in a 65 by the time the cop crossed the median I woulda left him outta sight took the first exit and see yah. But I pulled over so I took the $360 fine and traffic school. I wasn't going that fast 100+ I'm not stopping
gonna outrun the radio too? running is ******* retarded

Michael, that ******* blows dude...I was actually going to call you today to see how it turned out but thought you would be in class. I somehow managed to browse right over this thread at least a couple times without opening it up.

I also disagree about the "no reason to be speeding if not racing" thing...I'm more likely to be playing around when I'm the ONLY car on the road than when there are others. I never get too fast but I get there quick and I enjoy it. I just try to be as careful as possible when doing so. Once I was popped doing over 90 on the interstate but it was reduced to 85 in a 70 as a "break" and that was a good eye opener, but I still play sometimes...otherwise I'd be better off in a ******* civic.

Hope everything turns out for the best dude.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I like seeing where a few of the NOT street racing threads go. This one is going nowhere fast.

As Merv said,

BTW, never try to outrun the cops, ever.

Is it possible, maybe.

Is it worth trying, at the possible exspense of our lives, hell no.

Be a man and own up to your mistakes.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I opened it back up for Mike to ask a few insurance questions.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Launching!

we could care less about you wanting to kill yourself doin 100+ on roads out here. its when theres another car around that you get ticketed like crazy. I dont question anyones skill at driving their own car, its your car. You think you can handle it, then good for you. You recklessly endanger anyone else, or have a passenger in your car your getting arrested, license suspended, car impounded and if your lucky you might get it back. Remember its now how well you drive, god forbid theres a new pothole, or a deer or animal runs out front of you, or like what happened out here a year ago, some lady went to cross the road and got dismembered by some punk kid in a benz. We had a SRT8 cherokee that loved speeding around, and one day he flew over this hill too fast and right into a tree that had come down. not pretty.

Other people arent aware of their surroundings when they drive, and therefore do eratic signal-less lane changes, random braking on cell phones, or just drive with their lights off. Keep it on the track or open road if you have that little self control. Last guy we locked up for reckless in a school zone (75 in a 25)got 2 years in jail. I got 10+ names of kids that were standing around and made it that many counts of wreckless endangerment misd.

Oh and for those of you that want to run? Try outrunnin my radio. I can have 10 cars lookin out for you instantly, then charge you with that, plus every car you pass tryin to get away is another count or reckless driving. Adds up quick, and def not worth it. We had a guy last week try to get away for a suspended license wreck his GTI tryin to do 130 on the highway. Your done after that, and all over a ticket thats going to be cheaper than a lawyer. Unless its your 10th one.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

dude sorry
i'm in califuckinfornia good luck whatever happens
Old 12-05-2008, 02:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oberth1
we could care less about you wanting to kill yourself doin 100+ on roads out here. its when theres another car around that you get ticketed like crazy. I dont question anyones skill at driving their own car, its your car. You think you can handle it, then good for you. You recklessly endanger anyone else, or have a passenger in your car your getting arrested, license suspended, car impounded and if your lucky you might get it back. Remember its now how well you drive, god forbid theres a new pothole, or a deer or animal runs out front of you, or like what happened out here a year ago, some lady went to cross the road and got dismembered by some punk kid in a benz. We had a SRT8 cherokee that loved speeding around, and one day he flew over this hill too fast and right into a tree that had come down. not pretty.

Other people arent aware of their surroundings when they drive, and therefore do eratic signal-less lane changes, random braking on cell phones, or just drive with their lights off. Keep it on the track or open road if you have that little self control. Last guy we locked up for reckless in a school zone (75 in a 25)got 2 years in jail. I got 10+ names of kids that were standing around and made it that many counts of wreckless endangerment misd.

Oh and for those of you that want to run? Try outrunnin my radio. I can have 10 cars lookin out for you instantly, then charge you with that, plus every car you pass tryin to get away is another count or reckless driving. Adds up quick, and def not worth it. We had a guy last week try to get away for a suspended license wreck his GTI tryin to do 130 on the highway. Your done after that, and all over a ticket thats going to be cheaper than a lawyer. Unless its your 10th one.
I call cheatsies
it's a bitch but if you get caught pull over, take it to the track next time(easier said than done I know).
Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by c5z28
I call cheatsies
Lol..
Old 12-05-2008, 03:29 AM
10 Second Club

Jersey is the friggin worst state to speed in by far. There is a no chase policy here for traffic. If you do get caught your in deep ****. IBTL
Old 12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

I race at night on empty roads. Ex. major highways with many easy exits to get off of after blowing by them and pulling an invisible act. Radios can be bad if your on the highway still. Get out of sight. Of course just my opinion in my state where the penalties are already insane. I'm not invincible and this is just my opinion. Penalties vary in different states. Depends on where you are and how desperate you are. As I said before this is not done through traffic. Done late at night when nobody is around.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a wreckless ticket on thier record? What did it do to your insurance rate?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will say this once again just to clear up. I was endangering no one but my self. I did not pass one car besides a Trooper sitting on the side of the road. All traffic was either behind me or way ahead. I was the only passenger. I am capable of handling my car. If I wasnt, I wouldnt be doing that fast. Deer dont walk through the concrete barriers on the side of the interstate, so there were no deer to worry about. No trees can fall on the interstate either obviously. If I had been on a two lane highway or something similar, I would have never ever thought about going that fast. The only thing that classifies as dumb was speeding. And at night especially. I knew the consequences involved a ticket before I ever started. Everyone knows. I just had no idea that they were this severe.

To Jay: Thank you for opening this back up. I just wanted to ask the question in my previous post. In regards to this post I am sure this is why you locked it in the first place, but I just wanted to make my point clear to this guy.

To Anyone else who wants to continue bashing: I encourage you to realize that Im not a smartass 18 year old kid. I just made a mistake and wanted to share my mistake with you to help you realize that the consequences of being caught speeding is not worth the adrenaline rush. I always thought thats what LS1tech was about was to help others out.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

You learned man, and you walked away from it. Others weren't so lucky..
Old 12-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Nice kill

I vote for locking it again.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of drivers training have you had to be sure you can handle your car at 100+? Im not trying to bash you or anything, just dont be too confident in your driving ability with only 2 years behind the wheel. At night you are outdriving your headlights at like 60 mph. So once you see it in your headlights it is too late to even react. Just be careful and hope everything works out for you.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

130mph on the highway? you idiot! (best Ren/Stimpy impersonation)
Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

lol
Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Red96TA
Does anyone have a wreckless ticket on thier record? What did it do to your insurance rate?
it will make it ridiculously high. it is the insurance companies job to make money and they salivate at this charge. it will hang on for three years too. you can try to get by with liability only if you dont have a loan. another thing is, dont volunteer this info to your insurance company or agent. it wont show up on your license for a while and they wont know about it til they run your record, which is usually during renewal. that strategy might easily buy you several months of reduced rate insurance.
Dave
Old 12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

also of note is if there is a points system here you might find out so even after the six months if you get another ticket they could take your license