Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by svodave
600HP Viper can't beat a 505HP Vette? I love the Z and all but.....are you sure?
Same as I was/AM thinkin
Old 01-10-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you destroyed that Viper.. great kill man!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Ok, so the Z06 took the win this time, but seriously, would anybody rather be seen driving a dime-a-dozen Z06 rather than a SRT-10 Viper? Sure, maybe with a better driver, MAYBE the Z06 is faster/quicker. But think about how many Z06's you see compared with Vipers. When I see a Z06, I think, "wow, nice car." When I see a Viper, I turn my head and say, "WOW, I wish I had one of those!" I can honestly say that even if the Viper is a few tenths or mph slower, I would take the Viper over the Z06 any day of the week. This is in no way taking from the op, great kill, you murdered a great opponent. I'm just arguing for the wonderful vehicle that is the Viper. Yes, the Z06 MAY be the faster/quicker car, but with a Viper, you are getting exclusivity. And my $80,000 will go to a Viper EVERY time. Will a Z06 beat me, maybe. But lets count the ladies that crane their neck for a Z06 compared to a Viper. SORRY FOR THE HIJACK!!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZEPHYR-ILL
Ok, so the Z06 took the win this time, but seriously, would anybody rather be seen driving a dime-a-dozen Z06 rather than a SRT-10 Viper? Sure, maybe with a better driver, MAYBE the Z06 is faster/quicker. But think about how many Z06's you see compared with Vipers. When I see a Z06, I think, "wow, nice car." When I see a Viper, I turn my head and say, "WOW, I wish I had one of those!" I can honestly say that even if the Viper is a few tenths or mph slower, I would take the Viper over the Z06 any day of the week. This is in no way taking from the op, great kill, you murdered a great opponent. I'm just arguing for the wonderful vehicle that is the Viper. Yes, the Z06 MAY be the faster/quicker car, but with a Viper, you are getting exclusivity. And my $80,000 will go to a Viper EVERY time. Will a Z06 beat me, maybe. But lets count the ladies that crane their neck for a Z06 compared to a Viper. SORRY FOR THE HIJACK!!
What an old, washed up argument. Who cares who'd rather take which car? They're both right about the same price for new ones anyways. That being said, for guys that ACTUALLY HAVE Zs (or may someday be in the market for one) and ACTUALLY KNOW other guys with Vipers, this is where the performance questions become valid. So first things first, get serious. Or see how your ladies feel when you get called out and smoked for real!!!

All I wanted to know was if anyone knew for sure how the 06-up Zs stacked up with the '600hp' srt-10s.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

ZEPHYR-ILL, think about all the other cars you could get for < $80,000.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1231836074937

Yea, alot of folks would rather be seen in one of these for whatever reason. But not for the performance (or resale) bargain.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know why people think the zo6 is faster then the 08 viper in a straight line. That is simply not true.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Launching!

I had a 2003 SRT10 Viper..My buddy had a 2006 C6Z06...Stock for stock he beat me by 2-3 cars from 70-140 mph....

After no cats and no mufflers and KN filters on the Viper and him still stock we were dead even from 0-140 mph on several runs...

So the C6Z06 is a lil faster than a 2003 -2006 Viper...BUT...Everytime they were parked side by side I could care less.

The Viper looks much more agressive with the flares in the hood VS the Z06's regular looking hood....

Were the Z06 had wider fender flares the Viper is just wide...

Were the rear of the Z06 looks like any other vette the Viper looks like somthing special...

Were the Z06 interior was a plasticky let down with unsupportive seats the Viper had more real leather and much better seats...

Were the Z06 engine had some funky plastic red covers that said LS7 the Viper has an actually painted red engine with a beautifully displayed intake manifold..

Were people who didnt know thought the Z06 was just a 50K vette the same people who didnt know thought Vipers cost over 100K...

I never regretted getting a SRT10 over a C6Z06...Hell the first year the C6Z06 came out they're were already more 2006 Z06's on the road than 2003-2006 Vipers...

Ive had a vette and two vipers and now an nsx....If you wanna feel like a rock star the Viper is the way to go ( as everyone thanks youer a pro aflete or somthing)....If you want to feel like a snob then it's all nsx ( as people think it's a ferrari or some othe ultra expensive 200K ride) had a few people ask if it was over 200K?????????...And if you wanna feel like everyone else get a vette...My 2004 vette was white with blck Z06 rims and black racing stripes with all black outs on every light as well as no exhaust and no mufflers with LS6 heads and a 224/224 cam...And guess what..In the 2 years I owned it ( Bought it brand new) I had 2-3 people ask about it...
More people asked abouyt my first Viper in the first 24 hours I had it..

Is the Z06 a great car..YEP..But is it really a surprise that you can find 2006 C6Z06's for sale for 40K now????? In the end it's just a vette...Just like a 2001 C5Z06 was once a super fast mid 12 second 55K car..I used to dream about owning one based on the performance..But now mid 12's means very little to me and it's just a vette now and they sell for 20K..I could have bout 2 of them instead of the 91 nsx..Thats the point...

Now the C6Z06's once amazing high 11's at 125 mph seems still fast but not amazing any more and the price is reflecting that people consider it just a vette now with the GTR and Viper laying better times at the 1/4 mile and track in head to head comparisons...

When it first came out you could get a C6Z06 in 2006 for 85K ( 17 K over the initial 67K sticker)and a 2006 Viper for 75K ( 8 K under the 83K sticker)..

But now look 3 years later..A 2006 Z06 will fetch 40-47K while a 2006 Viper will fetch 47-54K...

Still the same two cars.....The Z06 is still a little faster..But the Viper held it's value better because it was somthing special all along while only the Z06's performance was special..

I could go on and on...
Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 AM
Launching!

ebay prices on 2006 Vipers

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/Ca...atZMotorcycles

ebay prices on 2006 Z06's

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tru...wZ2006Q20Q5A06

My numbers were a lil off as the prices for the 2006 Vipers were 47K-61K and the prices for the 2006 Z06's were 43K to 54K

Last edited by Killemall; 01-16-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Then they look at your mullet and run away right? Getting a car to get chicks is the worst idea since shopping kart handles on civics
Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gectek
Then they look at your mullet and run away right? Getting a car to get chicks is the worst idea since shopping kart handles on civics
+1. especially for a lot of us who are already locked in with a woman. This isn't high school.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, you are wrong there....even in high school it wasnt cool. If Billy Ray Cyrus were our new pres, it STILL would not be cool.

the moral of the story is, the OP beat that viper. so that means the other guy def spent more money to STILL go slower than the vette.

as for you and your 80K....where has it gotten you so far? has it gotten you to the level of the OP? wait whats that you say? it hasnt gotten you across the street yet? ok thought so
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok just wondering if the viper looked white or yelowish and not red to anyone else? i might just be goin colorblind i duno but anyway that zo6 is bad!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Excellent kill! thats a badass car you got there!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Translation: You'd rather be a poser, more then anything else,...is what your trying to tell us.

Try Viperalley.com, bub.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Translation: You'd rather be a poser, more then anything else,...is what your trying to tell us.

Try Viperalley.com, bub.
So driving a better car is posing?????

Come on man...The C6Z06 is a fast ride....

But at 73K it's a good 10-15K less than the true bottom of the barrel exotics..The Viper/NSX were the true 85-90K bottom of the barral exotics...

So who's really posing...The guy driving the 90K exotic or the guy who spent 75K on the really fast vette and says it's better than the exotics because it's faster????

Whats worth more and more desired...A 2001 C5Z06 or a 1996 Viper GTS or 1991 NSX???????

To me having a fast vette and acting like vettes are in the same class as other real exotics is posing...Theirs a lot more involved than 1/4 mile times
Old 01-18-2009, 03:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The Viper has more image than a Vette. No doubt about that. As far as Posers go I would say the people that want an exotic would pass on a Vette but MAY look at a Viper. The true exotic cars are not built in the US or Japan. They are built in Europe. From Sweden to Italy to France but they are also a lot more money than a Viper or Vette and performance is a secondary concern to some of them. Will A ZR1 outperform a Ferrari, sure. Will a guy that is shopping for a Ferrari give the ZR1 a second glance, probably not. So if the word Poser is to be used it could be applied to a Viper and a Vette.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
Wow, you destroyed that Viper.. great kill man!
thank you..
Old 01-18-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Killemall
So driving a better car is posing?????

Come on man...The C6Z06 is a fast ride....

But at 73K it's a good 10-15K less than the true bottom of the barrel exotics..The Viper/NSX were the true 85-90K bottom of the barral exotics...

So who's really posing...The guy driving the 90K exotic or the guy who spent 75K on the really fast vette and says it's better than the exotics because it's faster????

Whats worth more and more desired...A 2001 C5Z06 or a 1996 Viper GTS or 1991 NSX???????

To me having a fast vette and acting like vettes are in the same class as other real exotics is posing...Theirs a lot more involved than 1/4 mile times

My point is, he's going for the prom queen that doesn't put out,...when he could go for the smoking hot, underated gril next door that'll suck your toes into your sockets...and is less maintainence,...and easier to live with.

Thats my point.

Your going for the LOOK AT ME,..over the look at my tailights bitches.

Thats my point.

That was the downfall of a guy on the highway with the lamborghini today as well. He went for the look me in my big money car,.....and I went look at me go by by. Lol, even his wifed waved as I pulled away.

Bye bye
Old 01-18-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
The Viper has more image than a Vette. No doubt about that. As far as Posers go I would say the people that want an exotic would pass on a Vette but MAY look at a Viper. The true exotic cars are not built in the US or Japan. They are built in Europe. From Sweden to Italy to France but they are also a lot more money than a Viper or Vette and performance is a secondary concern to some of them. Will A ZR1 outperform a Ferrari, sure. Will a guy that is shopping for a Ferrari give the ZR1 a second glance, probably not. So if the word Poser is to be used it could be applied to a Viper and a Vette.

wow,...great insight. That was an interesting lesson.

Mr,..... have you ever heard of Le mans? How about the Grand Sport? How about the 60's?... Do you remember those? Do you remember the Corvettes,..racing all those ferrari's,..Jaguars,..Lola's,...Shelby's?...

They've(Team Corvette) been ******* with the world for years. Posing? I'd say it's more the REAL DEAL then anything,..because it is what it is. A good, all round sports car that you don't have to win the lottery to afford. It's FULLY UPGRADEABLE....and affordable. Unlike your fam'd exotics, which, yes, are upgradeable, to extents but, with GREAT COST involved.

It'd be nice if the American people, actually started to root for American cars more, ya know.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Launching!

I do root for american cars....The FGT and VIPA.......My buddy has a 2007 C6Z06...When he first got it he paid like 82K for it brand new and the performance and everything made me think it was AWESOME!!!!

Now just 18 months later it's nonthing more than a vette that has depreciated from 82K to 50K...

I am far from rich by any means....So when my 2003 Viper was bought brand new for 84K by the origional owner and then sold to me 4 years later in 2007 for 53K...Well I thought that was a pretty good deal...And that it was holding it's value overall well

A 82K 2007 Z06 being worth 50K only 18 months later is just scary...

I just cant get over that and it makes the car seem quite the opposite from special to me...

I bet you'll see 2006 Z06's hit the 39K point this year..If a few havent already

I just want it all...Looks ..excluse ..exotic.. power ..handling.. power

Im just sitting on my nsx till the 2008 Vipers hit the 59K mark...Snake Skin Green coupe for me