Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 02 CETA vs 08' BMW M6 coupe KILL

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My 02 CETA vs 08' BMW M6 coupe KILL

I was driving on the southside Sunday when I see a car coming up quick behind me (highway)...passes me and I can just notice was a BMW, but wasn't sure what kind. Sped up a bit and just when I thought he would not slow dow, he does. Get up beside him and is 2 guys in their new black M6. At first did not seem he was interested but he finally just launched, and then hit the brakes.

Went ahead and turned my spray on with my 75 in place, and throttled down into 3rd gear doing 60. His passenger motioned for me to take off, and I smiled and shook my head. He downshifted and we both took off at the same time. That is a fast car as he jumped me by 1/2 car initially but gained it back to even by end of third. Hit 4th and I started to pull slowly but consistently. By end of 4th I had him by 1 1/2 - 2 cars when I shut it down. Probably was a total run of 60-130 or so.

Was able to visit with him as we both exited the same and pulled over a second. Said his car had a tune and cat-back exhausts and had run a 12.1 at the track...other than that was stock. Also said his car dynoed 448 whp.. Told him briefly about mine, except the spray piece and he was really surprised I would pull him...nice Guy and very quick car.

Last edited by 02txceta; 12-17-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02txceta
except the spray piece and he was really surprised I would pull him...
well yea haha i would be surprised too, and infact kinda dumb founded enough to wonder if you werent telling the whole truth ha.

poor rich sucks just dont know enough about cars
Old 12-17-2008, 11:43 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Very nice kill. They are wonderful cars and I would love to have an M5 myself. Damn, I love those cars.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
well yea haha i would be surprised too, and infact kinda dumb founded enough to wonder if you werent telling the whole truth ha.

poor rich sucks just dont know enough about cars
In most cases yeah, but the same could be said for most people. Since the OP didn't disclose that he had sprayed during the run, the guy's dumbfounded look was deserved. Because without that, he definitely would have won.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 AM

I was driving on the southside Sunday when I see a car coming up quick behind me (highway)...passes me and I can just notice was a BMW, but wasn't sure what kind. Sped up a bit and just when I thought he would not slow dow, he does. Get up beside him and is 2 guys in their new black M6. At first did not seem he was interested but he finally just launched, and then hit the brakes.

Went ahead and turned my spray on with my 75 in place, and throttled down into 3rd gear doing 60. His passenger motioned for me to take off, and I smiled and shook my head. He downshifted and we both took off at the same time. That is a fast car as he jumped me by 1/2 car initially but gained it back to even by end of third. Hit 4th and I started to pull slowly but consistently. By end of 4th I had him by 1 1/2 - 2 cars when I shut it down. Probably was a total run of 60-130 or so.

Was able to visit with him as we both exited the same and pulled over a second. Said his car had a tune and cat-back exhausts and had run a 12.1 at the track...other than that was stock. Also said his car dynoed 448 whp.. Told him briefly about mine, except the spray piece and he was really surprised I would pull him...nice Guy and very quick car.
Man you sure get in alot of runs. LOL. Sounds like a real fast car and it is good when it is close race, however you never know when LIGHTNING will strike so watch out.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

Bring it on bad boy.........
Old 12-18-2008, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Don't know, the 75 helps but is not that big of a factor. Once I hit 4th it was pretty definitive in my favor. Considering his jump right off the get go I would imagine that it would have been very close on the big end even off the spray. I did not run the car over 6k so still had room to to push it...my powerband for the cam i have is 58-6400. My car MPH's as a mid 11 sec car on motor...just don't have the tires for a good launch.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
In most cases yeah, but the same could be said for most people. Since the OP didn't disclose that he had sprayed during the run, the guy's dumbfounded look was deserved. Because without that, he definitely would have won.
I agree 100%, i woulda been extremely surprised if i was that guy and OP didnt say he sprayed. Very understandable.

and i dont know about definitely would have won, but would have had a much better chance to win.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not to sure if it was only a 75shot... But 02texceta could always slap a 150shot on and call it a day!!!! 75 is good for that extra lil push..
Old 12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasttruck
Man you sure get in alot of runs. LOL. Sounds like a real fast car and it is good when it is close race, however you never know when LIGHTNING will strike so watch out.
im guessing you drive a lightning, and if so, that was THE GAYEST line i have ever heard.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Nice kill.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fasttruck

PLEASE PLACE ALL GAY ONE-LINERS AND INNUENDOES HERE!!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...u-all-gay.html
Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by WSsick
im guessing you drive a lightning, and if so, that was THE GAYEST line i have ever heard.
That would be correct, and if you think that line is gay then I suggest that you read your Cam quote because that is the most GAY line I have heard for sure, please. Me and this gentleman have an inside joke is why I stated it as we have run before. It appears you are one the BRAND loyal ones.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Nope, just was a 75 shot...would not need anymore for most. Don't like putting a lot of that in the car.

Gay line, hopefully you are kidding....Fasttruck and i would be happy to show you what a gay 1 liner can do on the streets, hot shot...right Fasttruck? lol...

He and I have met once before on the roadways and he showed me his taillights once...looking for a bit of payback one of these days.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Soon as i can get the GN up here Fasttruck we will need to have a showdown...forced induction against forced induction....
Old 12-18-2008, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

Oh and BTW, it is only a wee 6 cylinder.....
Old 12-18-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Nope, just was a 75 shot...would not need anymore for most. Don't like putting a lot of that in the car.

Gay line, hopefully you are kidding....Fasttruck and i would be happy to show you what a gay 1 liner can do on the streets, hot shot...right Fasttruck? lol...

He and I have met once before on the roadways and he showed me his taillights once...looking for a bit of payback one of these days.
then you both will have fun at my link... trust me! go play!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

Dude, please....go find another link to post on. I was just kidding as always post very light heartedly on this site. Either his or my cars would be more than willing to put you in your place....put your money where your mouth is and come down with the other Dallas guys..if that happens. Be glad to take your money.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

can i video this??? im a great camera man!!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

Video what?